Jump to topic:

To our dear departed...

Chrysippus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 8:52:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
There has been a lot of hateful words thrown about on here concerning certain members; and, although I too have been guilty of maligning those who spam, who create junk threads and fill them with random characters, and who bully others, I've grown to realize something very important through dealing with these people.

Every day of our lives, we deal with people. Every day, we meet personalities different from our own, and our ability to remain stable despite the outside influences is a large factor of our happiness. Those who cannot cope with other minds are insecure, unstable, unbalanced; every stranger poses a threat to their happiness. They feel that they have to prove something, that they have to feel better than those they interact with, so that they can maintain some sort of balance.

Take a moment to pity the troll. How miserable to be a adolescent - or worse, an adult who never matured past adolescence - with no safe social outlet, no stability. The uselessness and ennui that would drive someone to spend their life on a computer bullying random strangers - to me, that's incredibly sad.

These people may be ruining online communities, but they are ruined in their real world communities, too.
Cavete mea inexorabilis legiones mimus!
Chrysippus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 8:56:28 PM
That said; Johander, Inferno, Izbo, WriterDave, farmer, Banker, et al: this is for you.
Cavete mea inexorabilis legiones mimus!
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 9:06:58 PM
At 5/21/2012 8:56:28 PM, Chrysippus wrote:
That said; Johander, Inferno, Izbo, WriterDave, farmer, Banker, et al: this is for you.

Awesome song for this thread.