Jump to topic:

Movie Ratings, four or five stars?

rougeagent21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2009 7:09:08 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
There has been much controversy over how movies are rated on my profile. This is the official tally, are movies rated with four or five stars?
"I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country." -Gen. Patton
Lifeisgood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2009 7:30:22 PM
At 8/8/2009 7:09:08 PM, rougeagent21 wrote:
There has been much controversy over how movies are rated on my profile. This is the official tally, are movies rated with four or five stars?

I had always thought it was five. However, I am ignorant in such matters; I cannot say for certain. I think it would definitely be better if it were five stars instead of four, though.

I wonder... could it be that different countries have different rating systems? That could be where the controversy is coming from.

P.S. I love the sig. XD
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." - Abraham Lincoln
USAPitBull63
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2009 12:49:51 AM
Some critics use five, but the primary "system" uses four.

So when you see a movie listing in, say, TV Guide, with 3.5 stars --- that means it's just 1/2 star from being an A+ (so to speak).
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2009 1:24:00 PM
The OFFICIAL rating system is 4 stars.

I have like 999 channels on my TV. And about 100 of them are all movie channels like HBO and Showtime. I have never ever seen 5 stars on the movie description of those movies. I have seen 4 stars though.