medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2012 2:02:16 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Official Platform for the Medic/Greyparrot Campaign

Relations with Juggle

As we all know, the President's relationship with Juggle is of utmost importance. The President should be someone who is able to present himself in a professional and credible manner, while sometimes discussing issues with Juggle representatives, that they aren't in favor of. It is important that a President have the ability to present an issue in a way that allows Juggle to see why it is in their interest to give attention to whatever issue is being presented, while at the same time, not appearing to be too pushy or demanding. My experience in negotiation, and dispute resolution, gives me the tools that are necessary to deal with Juggle representatives, in a professional manner.

Relations with Community Members

It is imperative that a President be accessible and in communication with site members, if he is to effectively represent their interests. I believe in being available to the community, and will be proactive in communicating with members on issues of importance.

Growing the Community

I think one way of attracting new members would be to challenge other debate sites to tournaments, and would work to make that happen. I think once they experience our site, and the community, many would make the switch. If this fails to convince them, I support using the DDO army to conduct scavenger raids, and to forcefully occupy, their home site.

Mod Issues

Although I'm not running for President so that I can be a mod, I do believe that the elected President should have mod ability, that is just my personal take on the situation. I realize that this issue is entirely Juggle's decision, and they may not be in favor of potentially changing mods every six months, as we change Presidents. I do see a great deal of potential for conflicts to arise with this set-up, though.

Banning and Trials

I don't believe that I differ a great deal from the other candidates, on this issue. Love-spammers, multi-accounters, etc., are obvious trolls and should be immediately dispatched. Flame warriors, and others who are less obvious, but can be shown to have violated the TOS, should be counseled and if that fails to curtail the behavior, then a trial should ensue in a timely manner with the accused given the right to choose his own defense.

Term Limits

I support a maximum of two consecutive full terms in office. After sitting out one full term, that person would be allowed to run again, if he/she so chooses.

Cell Phone Verification for Foreign Users

I support removing the cell requirement for foreign users who have met the voting requirements, but are still unable to vote.

Site Updates

This is by no means, a comprehensive or concrete list, but I'll list a few of my personal favorites. Since Julia has promised a new round of updates, I favor waiting until they are finished, and then re-evaluating our priorities.

Favor:
Team Debates
Forum Search Tools
Increased character options for debates
Ability to add people to existing pm's
Ability to group threads together- This will probably be most helpful to the Mafia community

Changes proposed by other candidates that I oppose

Additional Stickies- It's pretty easy to get something stickied, but I think that there should be very few, and the mods should remove topics that aren't being used anymore, or are basically no longer relevant.

DDO Constitution/Legislative Branch- I think these ideas are basically just irrelevant. They will have no power and will not be enforceable, unless endorsed by Juggle's legal department.

Removal of cursing filter- I oppose this idea, and Juggle would never go for it anyway. Censorship should be at a minimum, but we must maintain some modicum of decency.

Lowering voting requirements- I oppose lowering the requirements. I think they are an attempt to assure that we get credible votes from credible members, though no system will be problem free.

I'll be happy to answer questions, or address other issues that aren't addressed, in this post.
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2012 8:27:55 PM
At 5/22/2012 8:27:32 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
cockfosters. I maybe drunk. but i support this party.

fuckit i supoort all the parties.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2012 8:35:57 PM
At 5/22/2012 2:02:16 PM, medic0506 wrote:
Growing the Community

I think one way of attracting new members would be to challenge other debate sites to tournaments, and would work to make that happen. I think once they experience our site, and the community, many would make the switch. If this fails to convince them, I support using the DDO army to conduct scavenger raids, and to forcefully occupy, their home site.

I DONT WANT TO BE CONSCRIPTED!!!!!!!
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2012 10:55:35 AM
At 5/22/2012 8:35:57 PM, imabench wrote:
At 5/22/2012 2:02:16 PM, medic0506 wrote:
Growing the Community

I DONT WANT TO BE CONSCRIPTED!!!!!!!

Consider the alternative, submit or you'll be living in a cardboard box.

I guess my veiled secret is out. Yes, I support a military draft.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2012 11:17:21 AM
At 5/23/2012 11:06:20 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
I support invasion of privacy and enforced public nudity.

Nudity needs to be pre-approved though, otherwise it can get pretty scary.
JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2012 11:18:13 AM
At 5/23/2012 11:17:21 AM, medic0506 wrote:

DDOfabDDO is going to have a hayday with this...
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2012 11:20:35 AM
At 5/23/2012 11:18:13 AM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 5/23/2012 11:17:21 AM, medic0506 wrote:

DDOfabDDO is going to have a hayday with this...

What is DDOfabDDO?? Is that like the Airmax/Innomen News Network??