Jump to topic:

Effects of Thread Titles on DDO

Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2012 4:52:01 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Occasionally, people will pass by my computer while I am scanning DDO. I sometimes wonder how they would react if I were to pitch the site to them.

Perhaps, at first, they would be intrigued. They would go to the forum specifically geared towards the mechanics of DDO, how the site functions, how the mod acts.

Imagine, upon arriving, they are first greeted with "F*ck you" and "[user] shut the f*** up." "Destroy [user]" Not only that, but the nature of these threads have lead to dozens of replies, indicating extensive dialogue on the subject.

Thread titles seem like a good place to be provocative, but it is perhaps the most damaging act you can do to Debate.org.

You are not only discouraging possible new users, you are embarrassing current ones and dissuading them from sharing the site.

If you'd like to say something controversial, go for it. But do so IN the thread. And do so AS IF you wanted people to think DDO is something other than another AOL, 4CHAN, social networking site with similar quality of discourse.
Nur-Ab-Sal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2012 4:57:20 PM
At 5/24/2012 4:52:01 PM, Wnope wrote:
Occasionally, people will pass by my computer while I am scanning DDO. I sometimes wonder how they would react if I were to pitch the site to them.

Perhaps, at first, they would be intrigued. They would go to the forum specifically geared towards the mechanics of DDO, how the site functions, how the mod acts.

Imagine, upon arriving, they are first greeted with "F*ck you" and "[user] shut the f*** up." "Destroy [user]" Not only that, but the nature of these threads have lead to dozens of replies, indicating extensive dialogue on the subject.

Thread titles seem like a good place to be provocative, but it is perhaps the most damaging act you can do to Debate.org.

You are not only discouraging possible new users, you are embarrassing current ones and dissuading them from sharing the site.

If you'd like to say something controversial, go for it. But do so IN the thread. And do so AS IF you wanted people to think DDO is something other than another AOL, 4CHAN, social networking site with similar quality of discourse.

I totally agree. I have thought about this before, with all of the recent animosity among members.

It looks incredibly bad, especially for a site geared towards an activity that many consider to be intellectual...
Genesis I. And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2012 5:09:15 PM

Lmfaooaoaoaooaooaooaoao

Winpost.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2012 5:10:03 PM
At 5/24/2012 5:09:24 PM, innomen wrote:
I also agree, it just makes us look really trashy.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2012 5:11:43 PM
fifth'd
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2012 5:16:10 PM
The threads mentioned in the OP have become more numerous than before and are coming from a concentrated group of members. When they realize that it hurts more than helps their campaign for president, hopefully they will stop.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2012 5:22:31 PM
At 5/24/2012 5:13:00 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
The immaturity is running rampant.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
ScottyDouglas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2012 5:25:03 PM

I have exsperienced this recently. I felt disrespected. Though I do not curse, I feel anger. And my anger got the best of me. I have not did things to the exstict you mentioned here. I agree, it is embarassing. I apologize to all users for my acts before and the future. I agree with the respect policy.
TheAsylum
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2012 5:35:19 PM
Truth.

Second thread on DDO Forum "Kyro Sex."

WTF Cheesedingo?
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."