Jump to topic:

DDO iPhone App

Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2012 6:21:30 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
With over 500,000 iPhone apps available on the market today, it's a shame that DDO does not have its own app. When accessing DDO on my iPhone, I have to go to the website, then fill in all of my login information every single time, then navigate over the huge page using a small screen and large fingers. So, I beseech the technology wizards of DDO to humbly acknowledge my supplication to them and to begin work on what could be one of the milestone events in DDO history.

If you know of any such technology wizards, please direct them to this thread to communicate with others in order to begin work on the DDO iPhone app.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2012 6:25:04 PM
At 5/29/2012 6:21:30 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
With over 500,000 iPhone apps available on the market today, it's a shame that DDO does not have its own app. When accessing DDO on my iPhone, I have to go to the website, then fill in all of my login information every single time, then navigate over the huge page using a small screen and large fingers. So, I beseech the technology wizards of DDO to humbly acknowledge my supplication to them and to begin work on what could be one of the milestone events in DDO history.

If you know of any such technology wizards, please direct them to this thread to communicate with others in order to begin work on the DDO iPhone app.

Unless someone wants to donate their time and efforts, I don't see anyone doing this. I also don't see anyone getting a lot of profit, if at all.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2012 6:27:07 PM
At 5/29/2012 6:25:04 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:

Unless someone wants to donate their time and efforts, I don't see anyone doing this. I also don't see anyone getting a lot of profit, if at all.

If it got enough users it could get adds and then profit.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Ron-Paul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2012 6:34:28 PM
At 5/29/2012 6:27:07 PM, 16kadams wrote:

I love the thought, but I doubt anyone will take the time to do it.
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2012 7:11:00 PM

Yeah, I don't see why it couldn't be sold for a dollar or something at least to break even.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2012 7:14:42 PM
At 5/29/2012 7:11:00 PM, Oryus wrote:

Yeah, I don't see why it couldn't be sold for a dollar or something at least to break even.

Would that compensate for time and money? Would we have to do anything with how the site is coded. Do we have enough users to sell to to breakeven? Do we have enough users that have smartphones to use the app?

There are a lot of factors in play here. While I am ignorant of how to make apps, if we need to alter the site to use the app, I doubt it will happen.
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2012 7:18:02 PM
At 5/29/2012 7:14:42 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:

Would that compensate for time and money? Would we have to do anything with how the site is coded. Do we have enough users to sell to to breakeven? Do we have enough users that have smartphones to use the app?

There are a lot of factors in play here. While I am ignorant of how to make apps, if we need to alter the site to use the app, I doubt it will happen.

Thats the main problem i see here.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2012 8:15:19 PM
Petition to have Wallstreetatheist design and launch a $0.99 DDO app:

Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2012 8:16:31 PM
At 5/29/2012 7:14:42 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:

I don't know much about it, but from what I understand, apps are fairly easy to create cost-wise. That is why they can be sold so cheaply.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2012 8:16:50 PM
At 5/29/2012 8:15:19 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:

1. Oryus

And I don't even have an iphone! :D
:
kyro90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2012 8:18:25 PM
At 5/29/2012 8:16:50 PM, Oryus wrote:

1. Oryus
2. Kyro90

LOL I totes want this!!
Allow me to give you my card....
Oh you cant read? Pitty. It says,
You are now holding the card of the Awesome-Steller-Second-to-none-hot-cool-funny-incredible-magical-beautious-cuddly-warm-kitty-kat-like Secretary
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2012 8:32:47 PM
At 5/29/2012 8:18:25 PM, kyro90 wrote:
At 5/29/2012 8:16:50 PM, Oryus wrote:

1. Oryus
2. Kyro90
3.BossyBurrito

LOL I totes want this!!

I doubt it will happen, but what the hell.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2012 10:04:15 PM
It's $99 to become a registered developer at Apple and $49-$99 for good application software. I'm starting to have doubts. I wish it was easier and less-expensive. Also, I do not think I can access DDO's API, but FREEDO probably knows the way.
Cobo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2012 10:05:01 PM
At 5/29/2012 10:04:15 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
It's $99 to become a registered developer at Apple and $49-$99 for good application software. I'm starting to have doubts. I wish it was easier and less-expensive. Also, I do not think I can access DDO's API, but FREEDO probably knows the way.

Cheaper to do it on android...
Church of the BANHAMMER GODS priest
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2012 10:06:39 PM

Yeah, I wondered if you'd need some kind of juggle permission or something. I really know very little about it. But still, selling an app for 1 dollar after only 200 bucks tops spent developing... that's pretty damn good. It might take a while to break even, but you definitely would eventually. But to do it would just take.... you know... actually caring that much about it.
:
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2012 10:09:38 PM
At 5/29/2012 10:05:01 PM, Cobo wrote:

Cheaper to do it on android...

How much?