Jump to topic:

Imabench is leaving DDO

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2012 8:47:23 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
My grades have gone to sh*t recently, and gone to sh*t is putting it nicely. To say that Afghanistan is in a better state than my grades would be a bit of an understatement, thats how bad my grades are.

After re-evaluating my priorities I charted out how much time I spend on things per 168 hour week and this is where everything stacks up

60 hours = Sleeping
30 hours = DDO
25 hours = Facebook
15 hours = TV
15 hours = Summer School
23 hours = Other

So yeah Im cutting off DDO because its taking up way too much time and is affecting my grades, which at UM is a pretty serious deal. So I present to you my good bye thread, in the form of me saying things to every individual rather then address all of DDO in general. I shall go through my friends list to say my goodbyes and address anyone else I feel needs to be addressed.

Viper King, You are handling the election fantastically, Ore_Ele would be proud, keep it up

TUF, I do feel bad for trolling the end of that debate, but we both know that humor is what I use to try to fix any situation, sorry if it came out as trolling.

Contra, You have enlightened me about Universal Healthcare and I still have the message to refer to, I now support it fully with your advice, your a lot smarter then people really know, you will be missed.

Apollo.11, watching you take down 16kadams in the one mafia thing I ever ran was single-handedly the funniest thing Ive ever seen go down

Airmax1227, We also met through that mafia thing and you are a great person. You are a man of wisdom and DDO will do well under your leadership. Ill probably come back during the election just to vote for you, good luck in the election, you have my support

tvellalott, I relaize how much of a d*ck I was but the fact that you understood it was all just the game of politics really speaks to how mature and wise you are as well. You shall be missed as well.

Thett3, I will try to hit on your sister more often if its ok with you, youve sort of been my DDO little brother and Im gonna miss you a ton, also your debate with FREEDO about Hitler was the best thing ever

Kyro90, Seriously are you a chick or a dude?

RoyalPaladin, now that im leaving im counting on you to piss off everyone I dont like twice as much, if you ever need advice you can always find me on facebook, ill gladly share some old quotes of Jimtimmy if you ever need them <3

Medic0506, Had Airmax not been running I would have campaigned for you like crazy, I wish you good fortune in the future but dont take it personally if I still support Airmax and Innomen

JaxsonRaine, your SuperPac and ads are something I wish I could have done had I not been campaigning previously under Dark, keep up the good work.

1Dustpelt, you are the one conservative who is under 18 who knows how to keep an open mind and not let what others say drive how you act. That is a very good quality about you, among others, and it is the reason why I respect you much more than your typical teenage conservative you find on DDO. You shall also be missed.

OberHerr, same as Dustpelt, you know how to stay true to yourself rather then what others want and that is a great quality about you too, you will also be missed.

LickDaFoot, you are the sexiest person on DDO, that is all, you shall also be missed for your smarts as well

Geo, you are one of the craziest people I know on DDO due to what you believe in, your semantics, whether they be faked or sincere, was still entertaining to watch and I will miss them as well.

FREEDO, For the love of god dont stop doing what your doing (except maybe the PM thing) you are the site sanctioned lunatic dictator but dammit you are the beloved site sanctioned lunatic and dictator, remind people about that as much as you can

Innomen, you had a lot of faith in me for a long time and it really meant a lot to me, I know of caused quite a few headaches over the months but its been really awesome knowing you and you will be missed perhaps the most of all

000ike, same as Royal, its great to have you back but we need liberals to rage through the forums and Royal cant do that all by herself.

ConservativePolitico, your blog is actually the one blog I have consistently followed now and I will continue to do so well after I have left DDO, keep it updated frequently for me <3

CheeseDingo1, you crazy son of a b*tch Ive always seen you as my own protege, im sorry that Im going to have to leave but I encourage you to follow in my footsteps and bring entertainment to DDO because entertainment is something DDO needs. If you ever need trolling advice feel free to ask me on Facebook ;D

RoyLatham, you are perhaps the smartest person Ive ever debated on DDO, youve helped me be a little more open minded towards things which is no easy task. You will always be a better debater than me no matter what the leaderboard says and you shall be missed plenty

Darkkermit, Thanks for making me your VP choice when you ran, I wish you luck in the Navy because being in the Navy is no easy task, you shall also be missed

Zaradi, I leave you the rights to my World War Mafia games, feel free to change and operate them in any way you like but remember its not what you want, its what the players want. Other than that your a hell of a debater and will soon be in the top 10 on the site.

Danielle, You and Roy have much in common, you have a lot to give DDO in terms of intellect and you shall be missed plenty as well even though you handed me my a** in a debate a while ago <3

Koopin, I know your out there reading this, please come back to DDO because no one could ever replace you as the KFC person <3

To 16kadams, I have always seen you as my evil opposite, but it was all out of brotherly love. You are a great debater and I will always remember all of our debates we had months ago. For the record though Ive read all of your gay marriage debates and I STILL think it should be legalized ;D

To the members of the conservative voting block, you know who you are. When people sink a lot of time and effort into political debates and you all vote just because you like to ignore facts and like to keep your head up your a** because you like how it smells in there, it makes you all look like real a**holes and it degrades DDO more than my trolled debates because your actions actually ruin great debates. I speak on behalf of everyone who has had a debate derailed by you guys, F*ck you all, Ill keep you in mind when I cast my vote for Obama in November.

To Hawkings, Id lay off of the DDO blog, and yes you know exactly what I mean... Other than that though you still are a fun person to debate against.

To Jimtimmy, Thanks for not answering any of my questions ever, thanks for not answering many of anyone elses questions ever, thanks for making more threads to yourself then Charlie Sheen has done crack. If you havent figured out im speaking with a dry sense of humor yet then let me say this... Take a god damn hint, no one wants you to be president, and no matter how many trolls you brainwash into voting for you your still going to get only 6 votes like you did last election.

To Grape, Ore_Ele, Roy, Danielle, and anyone else who I have had a serious debate with, you all are the reason of why DDO is so great. It has been nothing short of an honor to debate with you all

To everyone else I didnt mention, I apologize, sometimes even 8000 characters doesnt cover everything :P

I dont know how long Ill be gone, or when I come back. My grades are in shambles and it will take quite some time to undo the damage, when I do get my grades back in order and when I have a significant amount of free time again I shall return to DDO. Until such a day though I will be checking on DDO, I just wont be signing in like I do every time... I bid you adieu DDO, may the force be with you all.

Imabench
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
kyro90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2012 8:49:18 PM
At 5/29/2012 8:47:23 PM, imabench wrote:
My grades have gone to sh*t recently, and gone to sh*t is putting it nicely. To say that Afghanistan is in a better state than my grades would be a bit of an understatement, thats how bad my grades are.

After re-evaluating my priorities I charted out how much time I spend on things per 168 hour week and this is where everything stacks up

60 hours = Sleeping
30 hours = DDO
25 hours = Facebook
15 hours = TV
15 hours = Summer School
23 hours = Other

So yeah Im cutting off DDO because its taking up way too much time and is affecting my grades, which at UM is a pretty serious deal. So I present to you my good bye thread, in the form of me saying things to every individual rather then address all of DDO in general. I shall go through my friends list to say my goodbyes and address anyone else I feel needs to be addressed.

Viper King, You are handling the election fantastically, Ore_Ele would be proud, keep it up

TUF, I do feel bad for trolling the end of that debate, but we both know that humor is what I use to try to fix any situation, sorry if it came out as trolling.

Contra, You have enlightened me about Universal Healthcare and I still have the message to refer to, I now support it fully with your advice, your a lot smarter then people really know, you will be missed.

Apollo.11, watching you take down 16kadams in the one mafia thing I ever ran was single-handedly the funniest thing Ive ever seen go down

Airmax1227, We also met through that mafia thing and you are a great person. You are a man of wisdom and DDO will do well under your leadership. Ill probably come back during the election just to vote for you, good luck in the election, you have my support

tvellalott, I relaize how much of a d*ck I was but the fact that you understood it was all just the game of politics really speaks to how mature and wise you are as well. You shall be missed as well.

Thett3, I will try to hit on your sister more often if its ok with you, youve sort of been my DDO little brother and Im gonna miss you a ton, also your debate with FREEDO about Hitler was the best thing ever

Kyro90, Seriously are you a chick or a dude?

Awwww I love you too Ima! :) Ill miss ya.
Allow me to give you my card....
Oh you cant read? Pitty. It says,
You are now holding the card of the Awesome-Steller-Second-to-none-hot-cool-funny-incredible-magical-beautious-cuddly-warm-kitty-kat-like Secretary
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2012 8:53:30 PM
You're quitting for a good cause!

Good luck and maybe you can come and visit :)
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2012 8:55:48 PM
Hope you come back, you made DDO hilarious for me.

"To those of you who received honours, awards and distinctions, I say well done. And to the C students, I say you, too, can be president of the United States."

- George W. Bush

Not that I admire him, but it is a convenient time.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2012 8:56:13 PM
At 5/29/2012 8:53:30 PM, Oryus wrote:

+1

*Tears of joy that bench is going to live a productive life*
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2012 8:56:43 PM
At 5/29/2012 8:56:13 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 5/29/2012 8:53:30 PM, Oryus wrote:

+1

*Tears of joy that bench is going to live a productive life*

*wish I had the self-discipline to do the same*
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2012 8:57:07 PM
Good luck Imabench, you will be missed.. Congrats getting to #2 on the leader board..
Take care of what is important, I hope we will see you back in the future.
Debate.org Moderator
Apollo.11
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2012 9:01:30 PM
NOOO!!!!!! Cut 30 hours from your sleeping time. Seriously...you're just lying in one spot doing nothing.

But we will miss you, and your enlightening debates. I never knew how much more beneficial having one testicle is.....I mean would be....than having three.

Get those grades up and then come back!
Sapere Aude!
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2012 9:09:47 PM
At 5/29/2012 9:09:36 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
That's a mature choice, Mr. Bench. Good luck to you!
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2012 9:10:32 PM
Interesting, DDO has helped my grades. But bench, you will return I promise. I'm totally cool with you hitting on my sister, just dont troll me again XD
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2012 9:21:33 PM
So yeah Im cutting off DDO because its taking up way too much time and is affecting my grades.

Grades? If I were in your position I'd just cut off the school.

In all seriousness, this is a great final post, even if I wasn't in it. ;)
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2012 9:57:24 PM
While i'm sad to see you go, you made the right choice.

But if you don't M*****F***ing come F***ing back I'm gonna F***ing hunt you down, and F***** ***** ****** ******, and, ******* ***** you *** ** ******, With a spatula!

bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2012 10:10:20 PM
At 5/29/2012 9:57:24 PM, OberHerr wrote:
While i'm sad to see you go, you made the right choice.

But if you don't M*****F***ing come F***ing back I'm gonna F***ing hunt you down, and F***** ***** ****** ******, and, ******* ***** you *** ** ******, With a spatula!

Then drag him away?
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2012 10:17:46 PM
Cut Facebook instead
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2012 10:23:07 PM
At 5/29/2012 9:47:20 PM, Cobo wrote:
No Goodbye for me?
Well fvck you too!
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2012 10:30:31 PM
60 hours = Sleeping
30 hours = DDO
25 hours = Facebook
15 hours = TV
15 hours = Summer School
23 hours = Other

WTF is this doing here? UNACCEPTABLE!
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2012 10:42:17 PM
I assume this means the most experienced person in my tourney is dropping out.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2012 10:43:56 PM
60 hours = Sleeping
30 hours = DDO
25 hours = Facebook
15 hours = TV
15 hours = Summer School
23 hours = Other

Ok, here is a proper list:

20 hours = Sleeping
60 Hours = School
Remainder = DDO

There.

MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2012 10:47:18 PM
At 5/29/2012 10:43:56 PM, OberHerr wrote:
60 hours = Sleeping
30 hours = DDO
25 hours = Facebook
15 hours = TV
15 hours = Summer School
23 hours = Other

20 hours = Sleeping
60 Hours = School
Remainder = DDO

There.

Hey, why are you and Kinesis both copying Roy's avatar?
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2012 10:47:56 PM
70 hours = Sleeping
40 hours = DDO
5 hours = Facebook
5 hours = TV
15 hours = Summer School
33 hours = Other

I just cut FB and TV and increased sleep to 10 hours, increased other (studying), and increased DDO time.

win-win
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2012 10:51:00 PM
At 5/29/2012 10:47:18 PM, MouthWash wrote:
60 hours = Sleeping
30 hours = DDO
25 hours = Facebook
15 hours = TV
15 hours = Summer School
23 hours = Other

20 hours = Sleeping
60 Hours = School
Remainder = DDO

There.

Hey, why are you and Kinesis both copying Roy's avatar?

TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2012 10:55:18 PM

I'll miss you imabench. Were cool, come back sometime soon buddy!
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2012 10:59:48 PM
You ALWAYS cut sleep before debate.org. That's the golden rule.

I've gotten to the point where all-nighters don't mean anything to me anymore and I will use them to procrastinate for any small assignment.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2012 11:08:27 PM
At 5/29/2012 10:59:48 PM, darkkermit wrote:
You ALWAYS cut sleep before debate.org. That's the golden rule.

I've gotten to the point where all-nighters don't mean anything to me anymore and I will use them to procrastinate for any small assignment.

I did that A LOT this past semester and it really wore me down O_o

I never used to procrastinate... ever.
: