Jump to topic:

You Don't Leave DDO, DDO Leaves You

SuburbiaSurvivor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 12:18:17 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
You don't just say "I'm pissed, I'm leaving DDO". That doesn't happen. You may stop debating for a while, you may stop posting, you may not even go on DDO every other five minutes, but you never really leave.

The only way to leave DDO, is for IT, to leave you. Yes, the spirit of debate, of critical discussion, must leave you in entirety. It can happen in many ways. DDO can consciously consider you irrelevant to discussion. You can be forgotten and subsequently ignored. But most commonly you simply wither away into intellectual nothingness. You become consumed by the mindless droning of the world and cease to care whether anyone agrees with you or not. This is the only way to leave DDO.

Yes, friends. You do not simply leave in an emotional storm. You must be divorced, decayed away from DDO. As long as even an ounce of your being has an opinion, you will remain on DDO, you will come back. Why? Because you are trapped by your desire to be right and seem right. That is why you are here. You want to be right. You want to fight, with words, and prove your position is the most logical one in the world. You want to show how theists are the fools, how atheists are the

After all, where will you find a worthy opponent for your stellar views? An uneducated peon on youtube? An emotionally charged post on facebook? No, friends. DDO is the platform for your opinion. The place to champion your worldview.

Inb4 kfc.
"I'm going to tell you something that you're never going to forget, SuburbiaSurvivor. Women... Are just human beings"
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 12:23:53 AM
At 5/31/2012 12:18:17 AM, SuburbiaSurvivor wrote:
You don't just say "I'm pissed, I'm leaving DDO". That doesn't happen. You may stop debating for a while, you may stop posting, you may not even go on DDO every other five minutes, but you never really leave.

The only way to leave DDO, is for IT, to leave you. Yes, the spirit of debate, of critical discussion, must leave you in entirety. It can happen in many ways. DDO can consciously consider you irrelevant to discussion. You can be forgotten and subsequently ignored. But most commonly you simply wither away into intellectual nothingness. You become consumed by the mindless droning of the world and cease to care whether anyone agrees with you or not. This is the only way to leave DDO.

Yes, friends. You do not simply leave in an emotional storm. You must be divorced, decayed away from DDO. As long as even an ounce of your being has an opinion, you will remain on DDO, you will come back. Why? Because you are trapped by your desire to be right and seem right. That is why you are here. You want to be right. You want to fight, with words, and prove your position is the most logical one in the world. You want to show how theists are the fools, how atheists are the

After all, where will you find a worthy opponent for your stellar views? An uneducated peon on youtube? An emotionally charged post on facebook? No, friends. DDO is the platform for your opinion. The place to champion your worldview.

Inb4 kfc.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by this. But I'm pretty sure that's where I'm at. Somehow I'm still kfc.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
SuburbiaSurvivor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 12:23:55 AM
At 5/31/2012 12:21:58 AM, vmpire321 wrote:
kfc

Isn't this like, Koopin for.. Something?
"I'm going to tell you something that you're never going to forget, SuburbiaSurvivor. Women... Are just human beings"
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 12:24:17 AM
I mean "here." Sorry, reflex.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 12:27:11 AM
I don't care if anyone agrees with me... I just believe that in most cases, and in some way, I happen to agree with them. There is more that unites us than divides us etc etc...

Like Oryus said, I'm still kfc.
Debate.org Moderator
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 12:27:17 AM
At 5/31/2012 12:23:55 AM, SuburbiaSurvivor wrote:
At 5/31/2012 12:21:58 AM, vmpire321 wrote:
kfc

Isn't this like, Koopin for.. Something?

It stands for Kentucky Fried Chicken.
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 12:32:13 AM
Like Oryus said, I'm still kfc.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 12:32:54 AM
Because you are trapped by your desire to be right and seem right. That is why you are here. You want to be right. You want to fight, with words, and prove your position is the most logical one in the world.

Duty calls.... http://xkcd.com...
:
SuburbiaSurvivor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 12:35:22 AM
At 5/31/2012 12:32:54 AM, Oryus wrote:
Because you are trapped by your desire to be right and seem right. That is why you are here. You want to be right. You want to fight, with words, and prove your position is the most logical one in the world.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahah YES!
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 12:36:12 AM
At 5/31/2012 12:35:22 AM, SuburbiaSurvivor wrote:

It's basically this entire website in a single panel comic.
:
SuburbiaSurvivor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 12:37:47 AM
At 5/31/2012 12:35:27 AM, vmpire321 wrote:
kfc =

koopin favors chicken :D

Ah, now this makes MUCH more sense.
vmpire321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 12:38:27 AM
At 5/31/2012 12:37:47 AM, SuburbiaSurvivor wrote:
kfc =

it actually means kentucky fried chicken, as in the restaurant.

Koopin loves kfc.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 12:39:31 AM
At 5/31/2012 12:38:27 AM, vmpire321 wrote:
kfc =

Koopin loves kfc.

It's become more of a DDO meme now though.. it can be used in response to just about anything and somehow make sense..
Debate.org Moderator
SuburbiaSurvivor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 12:39:59 AM
kfc =

Koopin loves kfc.

So... Trolling by furthering racial stereotypes? I like it.
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 12:41:04 AM
At 5/31/2012 12:39:59 AM, SuburbiaSurvivor wrote:
kfc =

Koopin loves kfc.

So... Trolling by furthering racial stereotypes? I like it.

hahaaa not really. It's just absurd.
:
SuburbiaSurvivor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 12:41:20 AM
At 5/31/2012 12:36:12 AM, Oryus wrote:
At 5/31/2012 12:35:22 AM, SuburbiaSurvivor wrote:

It's basically this entire website in a single panel comic.

I used to do that! I used to pretty much forgo my homework and everything so I could debate with like 5 people on youtube at once. Haha, those were the days...
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 12:45:26 AM

Inb4 kfc.

How atheists are the....?

The sentence just ending actually makes it more interesting.. I think I'd rather not know what, if anything, was supposed to go there.
Debate.org Moderator
SuburbiaSurvivor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 1:06:29 AM
At 5/31/2012 12:45:26 AM, airmax1227 wrote:

Inb4 kfc.

How atheists are the....?

The sentence just ending actually makes it more interesting.. I think I'd rather not know what, if anything, was supposed to go there.

Hahahaha, I remember thinking how I could make the post seem as non-biased as possible and I spent so much time trying to make it non-biased I just didn't say anything at all...