Jump to topic:

Russian Brides?!

JTisTrue
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 1:25:25 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
It's most likely just my ignorance of life as usual here on DDO but whats with all the strange "Russian bride" E-mail's I've received? I made my account a few days ago and just got on tonight fr the second time only to find a few weird proposals of wanting to "get to know me better"? Of course, those accounts were closed once I checked them. Is this common? Are we men of DDO just irresistible to the ladies?
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 1:27:22 AM
http://www.debate.org...

Commiserate.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 1:33:39 AM
At 5/31/2012 1:25:25 AM, JTisTrue wrote:
It's most likely just my ignorance of life as usual here on DDO but whats with all the strange "Russian bride" E-mail's I've received? I made my account a few days ago and just got on tonight fr the second time only to find a few weird proposals of wanting to "get to know me better"? Of course, those accounts were closed once I checked them. Is this common? Are we men of DDO just irresistible to the ladies?

I cannot believe you just said that.
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
JTisTrue
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 1:41:54 AM
Which part MouthWash? If you mean to imply that "This guys crazy to not want that kind of attention" then I must assure you that if you had read the messages yourself you would have instantly deduced as I did, that there was something shady going on.
JTisTrue
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 1:45:09 AM
Here, judge for yourself

Posted by:
Profile Card
naty422

Hello,
good day.My name is Natysha.
i am a young girl never married and i will love to know you.i read your profile today at (www.debate.org) and i became interested in you,i will like us to keep communicating,please write to me through my email address (e-mail removed) so that i can send you my picture for you to know who i am.
(Remember that age,distance or colour does not matter)
I will be happy to seeing a good responds from you
Thanks and remain blessed.(E-mail was included here but rules made me remove i)
Your's in love Natysha.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 1:47:03 AM
At 5/31/2012 1:41:54 AM, JTisTrue wrote:
Which part MouthWash? If you mean to imply that "This guys crazy to not want that kind of attention" then I must assure you that if you had read the messages yourself you would have instantly deduced as I did, that there was something shady going on.

I always wonder what their success rate is on DDO. I'd like to believe nearly every member of this site is savvy enough to see through the scam, but the persistence of it makes me very concerned that some may eventually fall for it.

Anyways, it happens frequently, just post the message to the love spam thread and the account will be closed within a few days.
Debate.org Moderator
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 1:48:08 AM
At 5/31/2012 1:45:09 AM, JTisTrue wrote:
Here, judge for yourself

Posted by:
Profile Card
naty422

Hello,
good day.My name is Natysha.
i am a young girl never married and i will love to know you.i read your profile today at (www.debate.org) and i became interested in you,i will like us to keep communicating,please write to me through my email address (e-mail removed) so that i can send you my picture for you to know who i am.
(Remember that age,distance or colour does not matter)
I will be happy to seeing a good responds from you
Thanks and remain blessed.(E-mail was included here but rules made me remove i)
Your's in love Natysha.

Yeah I got this one too.. It's already on the love spam thread, but feel free and encouraged to add this or any future messages you get to that thread.
Debate.org Moderator
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 1:49:58 AM
At 5/31/2012 1:41:54 AM, JTisTrue wrote:

Absolutely no offense intended, and with the very greatest of respect - are you about six years old?
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 1:51:50 AM
This is a perk of being female on this site. I think I've gotten one love spam PM... maybe.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
JTisTrue
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 2:08:11 AM
I am very sorry to have appeared confrontational. I really am being sincere here. The internet takes away context and I NEVER meant to be a dick. I really just wanted to let you see at I meant by posting the message. Please accept my apology.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 2:10:59 AM
At 5/31/2012 2:08:11 AM, JTisTrue wrote:
I am very sorry to have appeared confrontational. I really am being sincere here. The internet takes away context and I NEVER meant to be a dick. I really just wanted to let you see at I meant by posting the message. Please accept my apology.

I don't know how someone could have this perception of your post. No need to apologize. If there is ever something you don't understand about the site or need clarified always feel free to bring it to attention.
Debate.org Moderator
JTisTrue
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 2:12:12 AM
When i wrote what part mouthwash it was absolute sincerity (and here's where the no context as you can't tear my tone thing hurts) with no sarcastic tone. This is all very ironic since my intention on beginning this thread was just to meet some more people on this website and maybe make some new friends that share interest with me. Again, face to face, you would have seen i was being sincere. Sorry
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 2:20:20 AM
At 5/31/2012 2:12:12 AM, JTisTrue wrote:
When i wrote what part mouthwash it was absolute sincerity (and here's where the no context as you can't tear my tone thing hurts) with no sarcastic tone. This is all very ironic since my intention on beginning this thread was just to meet some more people on this website and maybe make some new friends that share interest with me. Again, face to face, you would have seen i was being sincere. Sorry

I'm not sure what issue MouthWash is taking with your post. But to most I think it appears to be exactly what you described.

The love spam thing is very common and it is probably because us DDOers are just that desirable. Unfortunately, it is just a scam and we have a method for dealing with it that everyone should be aware of. So it's not a bad thing that you posted this thread, nor did anything you say come off as sarcastic or negative.
Debate.org Moderator
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 2:27:41 AM
You weren't being confrontational, I just thought it was ridiculous that you would even consider the notion of them being serious. I would not have fallen for it on my first day on the internet. I'm not sure why anyone is worried here.
JTisTrue
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 2:35:52 AM
Oh I see. I wasn't that I fell for it as I didn't. I wanted to find out if such a thing was common. Apparently it is. I suppose a different conversation starter woud have been wiser.
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 2:37:20 AM
I must ask - how do I deal with this Nigerian prince who emailed me? He says that he needs help...
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 2:41:20 AM
At 5/31/2012 2:37:20 AM, MouthWash wrote:
I must ask - how do I deal with this Nigerian prince who emailed me? He says that he needs help...

Give him your social security number immediately. Also, send him money.
:
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 2:47:44 AM
At 5/31/2012 2:41:20 AM, Oryus wrote:

Alas, I have no money. Perhaps you could lend me some? I'd pay you back double.
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 2:48:45 AM
At 5/31/2012 2:47:44 AM, MouthWash wrote:
At 5/31/2012 2:41:20 AM, Oryus wrote:

Alas, I have no money. Perhaps you could lend me some? I'd pay you back double.

LOL
: