Total Posts:98|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Yes, I am Jimtimmy

Ameriman
Posts: 622
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 10:37:57 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I am jimtimmy. Let me just make that clear from the get go.

I actually really enjoy this site. The intellectual conversation is intelligent, a wide range of views are represented, etc, etc.

Unfortunatley, my old account, jimtimmy, was mobbed. I was forced to leave because people would never be willing to like jimtimmy no matter what I did as him.

So, I made a new account, Ameriman. I tried to restart. Yes, I defended jimtimmy. But, I didn't want to be mobbed again.

But, it turns out, the obsessive hate for me is very great. Even as a new account, I had no chance for a fresh start.

After I closed my jimtimmy account, there was no reason to obsess over the possiblity of me being jimtimmy. It wasn't against the rules or anything.

But, a few members decided that they were never going to let me have my fresh start.

And, our great president, Innomen, decided that he would IP check. I have asked him why he IP checked and made the results publicly available.

I am still yet to get a response.

It seems like Innomen just wanted to hurt me and ruin my chances of getting a fresh start.

So congratulations, you caught me. I don't know what I did. Because, my jimtimmy account was closed before anyone ever suspected anything. And, I never used either one of my accounts to vote for or gain any unfair advantage in any way.

But, still, you got to have your fun. And, most importantly, you got to insure that Jim Timmy never got to have a fresh start on this website.

Congratulations. And, yes, I started a new thread about myself. Deal with it!
We spend too much our time measuring compassion for those in needs by measuring inputs. How much money are we spending? How many programs are we creating? But we are not focusing on outcomes. Are these programs working? Are people getting out of poverty?
-Paul Ryan
Microsuck
Posts: 1,562
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 10:40:31 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
figured. You are one of the reasons I really dislike neo-conservatives (neo-libs are also bad). The reason why you are not liked is because of your outspoken racism.
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 10:41:58 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/31/2012 10:40:31 AM, Microsuck wrote:
figured. You are one of the reasons I really dislike neo-conservatives (neo-libs are also bad). The reason why you are not liked is because of your outspoken racism.

I agree with him, and I'm a minority

He thinks on average, yet still thinks blacks can be smarter then the average bear. Not racist
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 10:43:59 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
The end part made me depressed
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 10:58:31 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/31/2012 10:57:06 AM, drafterman wrote:
At 5/31/2012 10:37:57 AM, Ameriman wrote:
I am jimtimmy. Let me just make that clear from the get go.

Don't care.

+1
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 11:03:39 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Agh him leaving twice makes me feel more like sh!t
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
CiRrK
Posts: 670
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 11:05:57 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/31/2012 10:40:31 AM, Microsuck wrote:
figured. You are one of the reasons I really dislike neo-conservatives (neo-libs are also bad). The reason why you are not liked is because of your outspoken racism.

What?? The characteristics of JT are not that of neoconservatism :|
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 11:06:56 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/31/2012 10:37:57 AM, Ameriman wrote:
I am jimtimmy. Let me just make that clear from the get go.

I actually really enjoy this site. The intellectual conversation is intelligent, a wide range of views are represented, etc, etc.

Unfortunatley, my old account, jimtimmy, was mobbed. I was forced to leave because people would never be willing to like jimtimmy no matter what I did as him.

So, I made a new account, Ameriman. I tried to restart. Yes, I defended jimtimmy. But, I didn't want to be mobbed again.

But, it turns out, the obsessive hate for me is very great. Even as a new account, I had no chance for a fresh start.

After I closed my jimtimmy account, there was no reason to obsess over the possiblity of me being jimtimmy. It wasn't against the rules or anything.

But, a few members decided that they were never going to let me have my fresh start.

And, our great president, Innomen, decided that he would IP check. I have asked him why he IP checked and made the results publicly available.

I am still yet to get a response.

It seems like Innomen just wanted to hurt me and ruin my chances of getting a fresh start.

So congratulations, you caught me. I don't know what I did. Because, my jimtimmy account was closed before anyone ever suspected anything. And, I never used either one of my accounts to vote for or gain any unfair advantage in any way.

But, still, you got to have your fun. And, most importantly, you got to insure that Jim Timmy never got to have a fresh start on this website.

Congratulations. And, yes, I started a new thread about myself. Deal with it!

Not all. I consider multi accounts a potential threat to the site, specifically to voting on debates.
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 11:11:19 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/31/2012 11:06:56 AM, innomen wrote:
At 5/31/2012 10:37:57 AM, Ameriman wrote:
I am jimtimmy. Let me just make that clear from the get go.

I actually really enjoy this site. The intellectual conversation is intelligent, a wide range of views are represented, etc, etc.

Unfortunatley, my old account, jimtimmy, was mobbed. I was forced to leave because people would never be willing to like jimtimmy no matter what I did as him.

So, I made a new account, Ameriman. I tried to restart. Yes, I defended jimtimmy. But, I didn't want to be mobbed again.

But, it turns out, the obsessive hate for me is very great. Even as a new account, I had no chance for a fresh start.

After I closed my jimtimmy account, there was no reason to obsess over the possiblity of me being jimtimmy. It wasn't against the rules or anything.

But, a few members decided that they were never going to let me have my fresh start.

And, our great president, Innomen, decided that he would IP check. I have asked him why he IP checked and made the results publicly available.

I am still yet to get a response.

It seems like Innomen just wanted to hurt me and ruin my chances of getting a fresh start.

So congratulations, you caught me. I don't know what I did. Because, my jimtimmy account was closed before anyone ever suspected anything. And, I never used either one of my accounts to vote for or gain any unfair advantage in any way.

But, still, you got to have your fun. And, most importantly, you got to insure that Jim Timmy never got to have a fresh start on this website.

Congratulations. And, yes, I started a new thread about myself. Deal with it!

Not all. I consider multi accounts a potential threat to the site, specifically to voting on debates.

I think his big question was if the other account was closed why ruin his second chance.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Microsuck
Posts: 1,562
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 11:13:40 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I wonder what his next reincarnation will be
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 11:15:20 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/31/2012 11:11:19 AM, 16kadams wrote:
At 5/31/2012 11:06:56 AM, innomen wrote:
At 5/31/2012 10:37:57 AM, Ameriman wrote:
I am jimtimmy. Let me just make that clear from the get go.

I actually really enjoy this site. The intellectual conversation is intelligent, a wide range of views are represented, etc, etc.

Unfortunatley, my old account, jimtimmy, was mobbed. I was forced to leave because people would never be willing to like jimtimmy no matter what I did as him.

So, I made a new account, Ameriman. I tried to restart. Yes, I defended jimtimmy. But, I didn't want to be mobbed again.

But, it turns out, the obsessive hate for me is very great. Even as a new account, I had no chance for a fresh start.

After I closed my jimtimmy account, there was no reason to obsess over the possiblity of me being jimtimmy. It wasn't against the rules or anything.

But, a few members decided that they were never going to let me have my fresh start.

And, our great president, Innomen, decided that he would IP check. I have asked him why he IP checked and made the results publicly available.

I am still yet to get a response.

It seems like Innomen just wanted to hurt me and ruin my chances of getting a fresh start.

So congratulations, you caught me. I don't know what I did. Because, my jimtimmy account was closed before anyone ever suspected anything. And, I never used either one of my accounts to vote for or gain any unfair advantage in any way.

But, still, you got to have your fun. And, most importantly, you got to insure that Jim Timmy never got to have a fresh start on this website.

Congratulations. And, yes, I started a new thread about myself. Deal with it!

Not all. I consider multi accounts a potential threat to the site, specifically to voting on debates.

I think his big question was if the other account was closed why ruin his second chance.

To be honest, I didn't know his second account was closed until after. I don't see the big deal and why he ran away.
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 11:16:16 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/31/2012 11:15:20 AM, innomen wrote:
At 5/31/2012 11:11:19 AM, 16kadams wrote:
At 5/31/2012 11:06:56 AM, innomen wrote:
At 5/31/2012 10:37:57 AM, Ameriman wrote:
I am jimtimmy. Let me just make that clear from the get go.

I actually really enjoy this site. The intellectual conversation is intelligent, a wide range of views are represented, etc, etc.

Unfortunatley, my old account, jimtimmy, was mobbed. I was forced to leave because people would never be willing to like jimtimmy no matter what I did as him.

So, I made a new account, Ameriman. I tried to restart. Yes, I defended jimtimmy. But, I didn't want to be mobbed again.

But, it turns out, the obsessive hate for me is very great. Even as a new account, I had no chance for a fresh start.

After I closed my jimtimmy account, there was no reason to obsess over the possiblity of me being jimtimmy. It wasn't against the rules or anything.

But, a few members decided that they were never going to let me have my fresh start.

And, our great president, Innomen, decided that he would IP check. I have asked him why he IP checked and made the results publicly available.

I am still yet to get a response.

It seems like Innomen just wanted to hurt me and ruin my chances of getting a fresh start.

So congratulations, you caught me. I don't know what I did. Because, my jimtimmy account was closed before anyone ever suspected anything. And, I never used either one of my accounts to vote for or gain any unfair advantage in any way.

But, still, you got to have your fun. And, most importantly, you got to insure that Jim Timmy never got to have a fresh start on this website.

Congratulations. And, yes, I started a new thread about myself. Deal with it!

Not all. I consider multi accounts a potential threat to the site, specifically to voting on debates.

I think his big question was if the other account was closed why ruin his second chance.

To be honest, I didn't know his second account was closed until after. I don't see the big deal and why he ran away.

Oh
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 11:21:33 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/31/2012 11:15:20 AM, innomen wrote:
At 5/31/2012 11:11:19 AM, 16kadams wrote:
At 5/31/2012 11:06:56 AM, innomen wrote:
At 5/31/2012 10:37:57 AM, Ameriman wrote:
I am jimtimmy. Let me just make that clear from the get go.

I actually really enjoy this site. The intellectual conversation is intelligent, a wide range of views are represented, etc, etc.

Unfortunatley, my old account, jimtimmy, was mobbed. I was forced to leave because people would never be willing to like jimtimmy no matter what I did as him.

So, I made a new account, Ameriman. I tried to restart. Yes, I defended jimtimmy. But, I didn't want to be mobbed again.

But, it turns out, the obsessive hate for me is very great. Even as a new account, I had no chance for a fresh start.

After I closed my jimtimmy account, there was no reason to obsess over the possiblity of me being jimtimmy. It wasn't against the rules or anything.

But, a few members decided that they were never going to let me have my fresh start.

And, our great president, Innomen, decided that he would IP check. I have asked him why he IP checked and made the results publicly available.

I am still yet to get a response.

It seems like Innomen just wanted to hurt me and ruin my chances of getting a fresh start.

So congratulations, you caught me. I don't know what I did. Because, my jimtimmy account was closed before anyone ever suspected anything. And, I never used either one of my accounts to vote for or gain any unfair advantage in any way.

But, still, you got to have your fun. And, most importantly, you got to insure that Jim Timmy never got to have a fresh start on this website.

Congratulations. And, yes, I started a new thread about myself. Deal with it!

Not all. I consider multi accounts a potential threat to the site, specifically to voting on debates.

I think his big question was if the other account was closed why ruin his second chance.

To be honest, I didn't know his second account was closed until after. I don't see the big deal and why he ran away.

This
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Posts: 2,900
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 12:07:11 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/31/2012 11:21:33 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 5/31/2012 11:15:20 AM, innomen wrote:
To be honest, I didn't know his second account was closed until after. I don't see the big deal and why he ran away.

This

Because a lot of people seem to hate him.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Posts: 2,900
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 12:13:45 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
inb4 someone accuses me of being Jimtimmy
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 12:24:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/31/2012 12:13:45 PM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
inb4 someone accuses me of being Jimtimmy
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 12:38:03 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
You absolutely sucked in my debate with you. This is clearly trolling. If jimmtimmy created a new account for the purpose of intellectual conversation as you say, he would not fail at debating.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 12:50:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I called this first, I believe.

You weren't very subtle; you spouted the same ideas, claimed that you researched Jimtimmy, and posted using a similar language style.
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 12:54:45 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/31/2012 12:07:11 PM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
At 5/31/2012 11:21:33 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 5/31/2012 11:15:20 AM, innomen wrote:
To be honest, I didn't know his second account was closed until after. I don't see the big deal and why he ran away.

This

Because a lot of people seem to hate him.

and?

People that run from the site or feel they need to change their names are just pretty cowardly in my eyes. If you are unhappy about being disliked, that can be remedied by not being a dick. It just seems like there are a lot of people here who are afraid to own up to their behaviors. If I'm a jerk to someone, I can usually fix that, but if I'm going to run away ever time someone doesn't like me, or may be offended for some reason I'll never move forward in life.

It's also very possible to have unpopular positions, and not be unpopular - look at Geo. He has some pretty insane ideas, but is well respected and liked. There's always a high road if you want to take it without compromising your positions.
Agent_Orange
Posts: 2,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 12:57:50 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I like the new name. Makes me think of Robin Hood. Like, "A MERRY MAAAAAN!!!"

Furthermore I am jimtimmy. Arrest this user for identity theft.
#BlackLivesMatter
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 1:04:56 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
People are just insane these days. I don't even think Jimtimmy is the worst guy here. It's those who seriously care about him departing and making a big deal out of it. It's so childish and stupid. If he doesn't want to stay, PM him. Don't make a ridiculous thread about it then multiply it by a handful threads in a span of three days.

It's a debate site. Discuss important issues, not some garbage like why Jimtimmy left, who by the way would be banned as I'm writing this if I were to decide. This is not a psychology club, grasp that. If you want to suck up to him then do it in PM's.
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Posts: 2,900
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 1:06:54 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/31/2012 12:54:45 PM, innomen wrote:
At 5/31/2012 12:07:11 PM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
At 5/31/2012 11:21:33 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 5/31/2012 11:15:20 AM, innomen wrote:
To be honest, I didn't know his second account was closed until after. I don't see the big deal and why he ran away.

This

Because a lot of people seem to hate him.

and?

People that run from the site or feel they need to change their names are just pretty cowardly in my eyes. If you are unhappy about being disliked, that can be remedied by not being a dick. It just seems like there are a lot of people here who are afraid to own up to their behaviors. If I'm a jerk to someone, I can usually fix that, but if I'm going to run away ever time someone doesn't like me, or may be offended for some reason I'll never move forward in life.

It's also very possible to have unpopular positions, and not be unpopular - look at Geo. He has some pretty insane ideas, but is well respected and liked. There's always a high road if you want to take it without compromising your positions.

I'm not saying that his running away was necessary, wise, or justified. I'm just saying that I see why he did it.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 1:18:33 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/31/2012 12:54:45 PM, innomen wrote:
At 5/31/2012 12:07:11 PM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
At 5/31/2012 11:21:33 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 5/31/2012 11:15:20 AM, innomen wrote:
To be honest, I didn't know his second account was closed until after. I don't see the big deal and why he ran away.

This

Because a lot of people seem to hate him.

and?

People that run from the site or feel they need to change their names are just pretty cowardly in my eyes. If you are unhappy about being disliked, that can be remedied by not being a dick. It just seems like there are a lot of people here who are afraid to own up to their behaviors. If I'm a jerk to someone, I can usually fix that, but if I'm going to run away ever time someone doesn't like me, or may be offended for some reason I'll never move forward in life.

It's also very possible to have unpopular positions, and not be unpopular - look at Geo. He has some pretty insane ideas, but is well respected and liked. There's always a high road if you want to take it without compromising your positions.

I love you Innomen.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 1:26:42 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Never mind, I never debated the OP. I'm getting mixed up with someone else.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 2:15:04 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Conservativepolitico owes everyone an apology.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault