Jump to topic:

DDO, JT and JT?

JTisTrue
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2012 10:38:11 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
In my short time here, I have seen what a tight knit a community you guys have. It only heightens my desire to be a positive contributor to the DDO community. Who wouldn't want to know such an interesting lot better? Imagine my surprise (concern) to observe that I was being called everything from a Neo-con to a blatant racist today. At first, I tried to think of what the hell i could have done to piss some of you off so badly. It only took a few seconds delving into front page topics to find out the truth. I do not know the situation so I won't stick my nose where it doesn't belong. Period.It was a surreal nonetheless.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2012 10:49:24 AM
I'm sorry, but why did anybody accuse you of stuff like that? Are you Jimtimmy? I don't think you are unless you were trolling this entire time and were pretending to be 17.
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2012 11:11:50 AM
At 6/1/2012 10:49:24 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
I'm sorry, but why did anybody accuse you of stuff like that? Are you Jimtimmy? I don't think you are unless you were trolling this entire time and were pretending to be 17.

Lulz.

I'm pretty sure Jimtimmy posted his pictures up before, and this man is not him.

JT, there's a rather notorious kid who originally went by the screen name "Jimtimmy" that likes to garner a lot of attention here, and there's recently been a swell of activity from him in the form of alternate accounts. There has been more than one conversation on this subject, so I'm sure some of the people a couple or more degrees of separation away from the core incident were just making assumptions when they saw your name.
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2012 11:16:15 AM
At 6/1/2012 10:38:11 AM, JTisTrue wrote:
In my short time here, I have seen what a tight knit a community you guys have. It only heightens my desire to be a positive contributor to the DDO community. Who wouldn't want to know such an interesting lot better? Imagine my surprise (concern) to observe that I was being called everything from a Neo-con to a blatant racist today. At first, I tried to think of what the hell i could have done to piss some of you off so badly. It only took a few seconds delving into front page topics to find out the truth. I do not know the situation so I won't stick my nose where it doesn't belong. Period.It was a surreal nonetheless.

Some people are overly aggressive. Mind them not.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2012 11:18:46 AM
kfc.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2012 11:29:36 AM

OP has JT in the front of his name thus logically people would call him JT. People also call jimtimmy JT. Thus when people call jimmtimmy racist the op thinks they are calling him racist.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2012 11:32:27 AM
At 6/1/2012 11:29:36 AM, phantom wrote:

OP has JT in the front of his name thus logically people would call him JT. People also call jimtimmy JT. Thus when people call jimmtimmy racist the op thinks they are calling him racist.

I mean, those people would literally have to have 0 knowledge of the controversy in order to do that . . . Nobody who knows Jimtimmy would call this guy Jimtimmy . . .
JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2012 11:40:35 AM
At 6/1/2012 11:32:27 AM, royalpaladin wrote:

I mean, those people would literally have to have 0 knowledge of the controversy in order to do that . . . Nobody who knows Jimtimmy would call this guy Jimtimmy . . .

The point is, if someone says "JT is a racist", JTisTrue would think they were talking about him.

We weren't talking about you JTisTrue... we'll have to call you JTT(or is that not allowed because of Home Improvement)
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2012 11:55:10 AM

No...It's like if you joined this site and everyone was saying royal is an egotistic narrow minded wanker. You might think they were calling you that since your name is royalpaladin when hypothetically the fact was there was another user known as royaloctopus. People are calling jimmtimmy racist and the op is thinking they are calling him racist because they use the term "JT" which could be applied to either user.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2012 12:00:56 PM
Oh, I see what the issue is now. I thought that people were specifically meeting him and calling him racist, lol. I didn't realize that he just saw that stuff in the Forums.
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2012 12:18:05 PM
RP = Ron-Paul, royalpaladin, etc..

They were referring to Jimtimmy (JT), the overt racist of DDO.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2012 12:19:49 PM
It's all about context ;)

What does the JT in your name stand for, JTistrue? Is it your initials?
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
JTisTrue
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2012 8:47:11 PM
Yeah, My initials are JT. Sorry to have confused some of you. NOBODY has been hostile to me directly, which is a very gracious of all of you as I have displayed awkward amateurism a few times already in my short DDO career. In my original post I said how it "only took a few seconds of reading the front page to find out the truth" or something close to it. It was only a minuter or two until I learned about JimTimmy and the obvious hostility directed at him by many DDO patrons. I have had nothing but surprisingly positive support since I registered about a week ago.

This is of topic but I also want to say something that had been bothering me since I joined the site. I want to apologize for seeming so uptight and even overly (I cringe at times when, reading the responses to my posts etc. I reread my words. "Why did I write it that way?"). The internet takes away context and I am unused to my written word being interpreted by anyone other than myself. I'll really try to loosen up a bit and stop being so worried about my ego. I assure you guys that in real life I'm a lot more fun to be around.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2012 8:51:35 PM
At 6/1/2012 8:47:11 PM, JTisTrue wrote:
Yeah, My initials are JT. Sorry to have confused some of you. NOBODY has been hostile to me directly, which is a very gracious of all of you as I have displayed awkward amateurism a few times already in my short DDO career. In my original post I said how it "only took a few seconds of reading the front page to find out the truth" or something close to it. It was only a minuter or two until I learned about JimTimmy and the obvious hostility directed at him by many DDO patrons. I have had nothing but surprisingly positive support since I registered about a week ago.

This is of topic but I also want to say something that had been bothering me since I joined the site. I want to apologize for seeming so uptight and even overly (I cringe at times when, reading the responses to my posts etc. I reread my words. "Why did I write it that way?"). The internet takes away context and I am unused to my written word being interpreted by anyone other than myself. I'll really try to loosen up a bit and stop being so worried about my ego. I assure you guys that in real life I'm a lot more fun to be around.

You've been great. Don't worry about it.

Also, we should refer to you as JTT or something from now on.

Do you have a preference?
JTisTrue
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2012 9:01:22 PM
Well, I'd would prefer JT if I would be so lucky as to be on a first name basis with any of you. It's always been JT (standing for John and Terrence, my first and middle names respectively)
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2012 9:02:32 PM
At 6/1/2012 9:01:22 PM, JTisTrue wrote:
Well, I'd would prefer JT if I would be so lucky as to be on a first name basis with any of you. It's always been JT (standing for John and Terrence, my first and middle names respectively)

Hmmm. I can refer to you as JT but there will be confusion... at least initially.

The other JT is infamous and has been around for a whileeeee.
JTisTrue
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2012 9:05:12 PM
It would only be proper for me to leave it up to you which name you call me. JTT is fine then if you so choose. I would be happy to be called anything in friendship rather than @%^hole, noob, etc
Cobo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2012 10:21:19 PM
At 6/1/2012 9:01:22 PM, JTisTrue wrote:

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!
John Terrence lolz
Church of the BANHAMMER GODS priest
Cobo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2012 10:22:31 PM

WHY DO YOU CARE IF HE'S JIMTIMMYY OR NOT?!
Seriously, do you have an obsession?
Church of the BANHAMMER GODS priest
JTisTrue
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2012 10:36:56 PM
I'm glad to be able to bring some laughter to your life at the mention of my Father and his Father's first name's! Your initial laughter (I was certain SOMEONE would take a shot) isn't so surprising as you obviously don't know me, which relegates me to (in your opinion) a profile with a humorous first and last name combo. I've gotta tell you though, much worse than any laughter is the incredibly annoying treatment my name usually receives from the women that have been a part of my life, especially in high school. Hearing a shrill "JOHN TERRANCE!" being screamed across BGHS's courtyard was the bane of my sophomore and junior years of high school. With more than one request to reveal my initials, I felt inclined to do so. Anyway, John and Terrance are indeed my first and last names and anyone would be $%^&*ing lucky to be so named after two of the greatest men I have known.
JTisTrue
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2012 10:41:13 PM
As to your concern Royalpladin, I am NOT this other dude named JT. If anyone else is concerned I may in fact be this guy, Scype is free and I have an account. What did this guy do to piss everyone off?
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2012 12:40:55 AM
At 6/1/2012 10:41:13 PM, JTisTrue wrote:
As to your concern Royalpladin, I am NOT this other dude named JT. If anyone else is concerned I may in fact be this guy, Scype is free and I have an account. What did this guy do to piss everyone off?

Don't worry. She accuses everyone of being someone else at some point. Just ignore it.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2012 6:22:50 AM
At 6/2/2012 12:40:55 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

Don't worry. She accuses everyone of being someone else at some point. Just ignore it.

I think you should provide names of all of these people I have falsely accused. I asked you for this list this earlier, and you just ignored me. I have only ever accused three people of multiaccounting and I was correct in all three cases.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2012 6:23:37 AM
For the record, I never accused JT of being jimtimmy and I don't think he is jimtimmy. I apologize if my statements came off that way; I meant to argue that nobody in his or her right mind would accuse him of being jimtimmy.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2012 6:25:00 AM

See, ConPo? I never said he was Jimtimmy.
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2012 8:25:07 AM
I've never heard of you before but I can only imagine the confusion thinking people hated you so much lol

I really don't see why people hate jimtimmy so much. So he held (holds?) racist views and was rude to people. I haven't seen him be rude to anyone in months. And people have been equally or moreso rude to him and from what I've seen, it's not really deserved. And okay, so some sketchy things happened with the election. Who the eff really cares about a fake election :/

This whole thing is ridiculous in my opinion.
yang.
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2012 8:40:33 AM
At 6/2/2012 6:22:50 AM, royalpaladin wrote:

I think you should provide names of all of these people I have falsely accused. I asked you for this list this earlier, and you just ignored me. I have only ever accused three people of multiaccounting and I was correct in all three cases.

I think you started the accounts that started the multiaccounts :P
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2012 2:19:15 PM
It's going to save you a LOT of trouble if you just take the name JTT.

It's like being born with the name "Moron" and, instead of trying to argue that your name is Moron but you aren't a moron, you have people call you "Moran."
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2012 3:00:25 PM
At 6/2/2012 6:22:50 AM, royalpaladin wrote:

Royal, you didn't catch me multi accounting.

I only had one account open at the time you made the accusation.

So, you were right about Ameriman and I being the same person, but you were wrong about it being a case of multi accounting.
President of DDO