Jump to topic:

Lobby Me

bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2012 4:10:03 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Convince me to vote for either medic or airmaxx. I don't feel like I really know enough to make an informed decision.

Anyone can participate and supposedly you can use this forum to convince other undecideds.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2012 4:18:32 PM
I've been informed that medic would unban askbob and airmax would not. Can someone confirm/deny? I haven't seen that in medic's platform.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2012 4:19:49 PM
At 6/9/2012 4:18:32 PM, bluesteel wrote:
I've been informed that medic would unban askbob and airmax would not. Can someone confirm/deny? I haven't seen that in medic's platform.

Askbob will forever be banned while Airmax and I are here. Medic has stated otherwise should he be elected.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2012 4:21:24 PM
How would that work? Don't you (innomen) have the final say as the mod?
Viper-King
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2012 4:23:24 PM
At 6/9/2012 4:18:32 PM, bluesteel wrote:
Lol.

"I would uphold Juggle's decision to ban him since it is their right to do so. I would, however, get my say in with Julia or whoever. For what it's worth, I would advocate for lifting the ban. Askbob did what he did simply because Juggle was almost totally uninvolved with the site, and did nothing to help with a very obnoxious troll situation. Had moderation been in place like it is now, that situation wouldn't have become as bad as it did, and Askbob wouldn't have had to do what he did. I don't condone his method, but his intentions were to protect DDO and it's respectable members. I would like to see him allowed back on the site. This may not be a popular stance, but I believe in giving people a chance, especially when what they did was for good reason"
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2012 4:24:14 PM
At 6/9/2012 4:10:03 PM, bluesteel wrote:
Convince me to vote for either medic or airmaxx. I don't feel like I really know enough to make an informed decision.

Anyone can participate and supposedly you can use this forum to convince other undecideds.

Airmax might be a girl with boobs.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2012 4:30:04 PM
At 6/9/2012 4:24:14 PM, bossyburrito wrote:

Confirmed.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2012 4:37:55 PM
At 6/9/2012 4:24:14 PM, bossyburrito wrote:

That's false advertising. More likely a 70 year old grandma with tube sock t**ties.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2012 9:16:07 AM
Askbob is a former long-time member who was banned because he used some drastic means to get rid of a troll. People don't agree with his tactics but back then we had no mod, and no help from Juggle. If that troll were to come along today, he'd be banned long before anyone would need to resort to those tactics.
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2012 9:19:15 AM
At 6/10/2012 9:16:07 AM, medic0506 wrote:
Askbob is a former long-time member who was banned because he used some drastic means to get rid of a troll. People don't agree with his tactics but back then we had no mod, and no help from Juggle. If that troll were to come along today, he'd be banned long before anyone would need to resort to those tactics.

Mmm. I personally think he should be unbanned. Hmm... Maybe I'll bribe Airmax to try his best to unban him. ;)
#FeeltheFreezerBern
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2012 9:19:27 AM

He has been banned multiple times; Phil banned him for hacking accounts and threatening people. He also recently came back to harass WriterDave and suggested that Dave, an emotionally unstable individual, commit suicide. He pretty much harasssed me for a bit because I didn't want him to come back, but then moved on to other people when I started ignoring it. I don't think he is a good addition to this site, and this is the primary reason I am voting against you. He has come back several times in the past few months just to insult and troll people.
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2012 9:19:37 AM

Based on what you said.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2012 9:20:40 AM
At 6/10/2012 9:19:27 AM, royalpaladin wrote:

He has been banned multiple times; Phil banned him for hacking accounts and threatening people. He also recently came back to harass WriterDave and suggested that Dave, an emotionally unstable individual, commit suicide. He pretty much harasssed me for a bit because I didn't want him to come back, but then moved on to other people when I started ignoring it. I don't think he is a good addition to this site, and this is the primary reason I am voting against you. He has come back several times in the past few months just to insult and troll people.

Well, that changes my view a bit.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2012 9:20:52 AM
Apparently he harassed rogue for a really stupid reason. Rogue was not a troll. He called charleslb, who was not a troll, and made fun of him. He posted pictures of a kid that he obtained through hacking and became a legal liability for Juggle. He should not be permitted to return.
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2012 9:22:30 AM
At 6/10/2012 9:20:52 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
Apparently he harassed rogue for a really stupid reason. Rogue was not a troll. He called charleslb, who was not a troll, and made fun of him. He posted pictures of a kid that he obtained through hacking and became a legal liability for Juggle. He should not be permitted to return.

Interesting info. Im learning new things every day! :D
#FeeltheFreezerBern
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2012 11:07:00 AM

askbob never hacked anyone, unless you consider Google searching someone's name and finding their Facebook "hacking." And you're right, posting someone's Facebook pictures, found through Google, is a huge legal liability. It's lucky Juggle survived. Phew
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2012 11:07:47 AM
Look at how long Izbo terrorized the site. How many of his posts had to be removed due to TOS violations?? How many warnings did he recieve from Innomen?? How many times did Innomen try to council him?? Innomen had the patience of Job with that guy, for months. Yet even after all that, Izbo got a trial, and his fate was left up to the members.

Askbob never got any of that, he didn't get a trial, he just got banned. In addition, from my understanding, what he did he did because he believed that he was protecting the site, at a time when there was no moderator, and the parent company was inactive in helping with such matters, so he took it upon himself.

All that aside, if my opinion on this issue costs me votes, I'm fine with that. I'm not going to change what I believe just to win an election, or try and sway votes my way.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2012 12:50:16 PM

Join my party:
http://www.debate.org...
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2012 1:09:28 PM
At 6/10/2012 11:07:00 AM, bluesteel wrote:

askbob never hacked anyone, unless you consider Google searching someone's name and finding their Facebook "hacking." And you're right, posting someone's Facebook pictures, found through Google, is a huge legal liability. It's lucky Juggle survived. Phew

This is such an incomplete picture of the harm he caused. He would call people in their homes and harass them and their families, he threatened to contact employers, Phil had taken a restraining order out against him. Despite numerous promises he always goes back to his lack of restraint in how he deals with people. He doesn't just confine his abusive behavior to trolls, but anyone he can find a weakness in. He is a threat to Juggle and he is a threat to members, and the benefit that he provides does not out weigh the cost. Cliff.Stamp had to contact one of the parents of a teenage boy that he was harassing, and resolve the issue from there. Anyone who wants him back does not fully understand the threat he is, or they feel there should be no responsibility in preventing such an individual from hurting members on the site.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2012 1:30:34 PM
At 6/10/2012 1:09:28 PM, innomen wrote:

This is such an incomplete picture of the harm he caused. He would call people in their homes and harass them and their families, he threatened to contact employers, Phil had taken a restraining order out against him. Despite numerous promises he always goes back to his lack of restraint in how he deals with people. He doesn't just confine his abusive behavior to trolls, but anyone he can find a weakness in. He is a threat to Juggle and he is a threat to members, and the benefit that he provides does not out weigh the cost. Cliff.Stamp had to contact one of the parents of a teenage boy that he was harassing, and resolve the issue from there. Anyone who wants him back does not fully understand the threat he is, or they feel there should be no responsibility in preventing such an individual from hurting members on the site.

I think it unfair that you can make allegations without him defending himself. Few people here really know the context to any of this.

It's my understanding that you guys hated Phil, and he was a bit of a nutjob. He banned danielle for a long period of time. askbob prank called him a few times, and Phil flipped out. That's my understanding, but again, askbob should have a right to defend himself. If you (innomen) can convince me how horrible a user he is, with him actually given a chance to defend himself, then I'll let the issue rest.

As to Cliff, multiple users told me, during the izbo trial, that he was harassed off the site by izbo. And yet izbo got a trial. All I'm asking is that askbob get the same. If it's so cut and dry, there's no chance he'll win, right?
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2012 1:51:32 PM
At 6/10/2012 1:30:34 PM, bluesteel wrote:

I think it unfair that you can make allegations without him defending himself. Few people here really know the context to any of this.

It's my understanding that you guys hated Phil, and he was a bit of a nutjob. He banned danielle for a long period of time. askbob prank called him a few times, and Phil flipped out. That's my understanding, but again, askbob should have a right to defend himself. If you (innomen) can convince me how horrible a user he is, with him actually given a chance to defend himself, then I'll let the issue rest.

As to Cliff, multiple users told me, during the izbo trial, that he was harassed off the site by izbo. And yet izbo got a trial. All I'm asking is that askbob get the same. If it's so cut and dry, there's no chance he'll win, right?

The decision was juggle's not mine, so you should be asking them to remove the ban. You have so much bad information, Cliff didn't leave because of Izbo, I don't even think they were on the site at the same time. Ask Rogue about askbob, see what she has to say. YOu make him sound like Robinhood, and he's anything but. He looks for people who are weak or vulnerable and preys on them for the amusement of his followers, like a bully in front of his gang.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2012 1:54:08 PM
rogue told him to fvck off via PM after he asked her for an RFD. askbob isn't a saint, but neither is the story as one-sided as others are telling it.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2012 2:03:55 PM
At 6/10/2012 1:54:08 PM, bluesteel wrote:
rogue told him to fvck off via PM after he asked her for an RFD. askbob isn't a saint, but neither is the story as one-sided as others are telling it.

I really wish I kept the report that was sent to me.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2012 1:19:32 AM
At 6/10/2012 9:19:27 AM, royalpaladin wrote:

This. He also spammed my mafia game when I refused to let him play.

I think this site can do without individuals who are so immature that they resort to spamming. Spammers need to be banned at all costs. So what if he wasn't allowed to play a quickfire game? Does that justify spamming? Did he need to spam because I was apparently being a d!ck. Sorry, but using the argument that someone needed to get rid of the troll is tantamount to saying that some murderers should not be sentenced because the the victim deserved it.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2012 1:48:29 AM
At 6/10/2012 1:51:32 PM, innomen wrote:
At 6/10/2012 1:30:34 PM, bluesteel wrote:

The decision was juggle's not mine, so you should be asking them to remove the ban. You have so much bad information, Cliff didn't leave because of Izbo, I don't even think they were on the site at the same time. Ask Rogue about askbob, see what she has to say. YOu make him sound like Robinhood, and he's anything but. He looks for people who are weak or vulnerable and preys on them for the amusement of his followers, like a bully in front of his gang.

I remember Cliff.Stamp. He was a good user, or at least seemed to be from what I saw. Does anyone know why Cliff actually left?