Jump to topic:

DDO Political Parties

Microsuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2012 12:54:46 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Does DDO have any political parties that are there to express views of how DDO should be ran, etc.? If so, what are the parties and what do they hold?
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2012 1:01:36 PM
No, due to lack of whips, ideologies of how DDO should be ran (due to lack of actual leadership styles beyond "good" and "tyrannical"), and lack of constituencies.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2012 1:03:57 PM
DDO doesn't need political parties because the costs of mounting a campaign are so low that there is no need for a political infrastructure to support candidates.

The only incentive for parties would be to increase vote-gathering capabilities, and that's just campaigning.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2012 1:07:08 PM
Currently just about everyone would be in the Innomen Party.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2012 1:16:19 PM
For a while left wingers believed that there was a "Conservative Voting Block" which was very idiotic, but no we have no political parties.
"The chief business of the American people is business." - Calvin Coolidge

Latest debate - Reagan was a better President than Obama: http://www.debate.org...
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2012 1:18:09 PM
At 6/10/2012 1:16:19 PM, 1Historygenius wrote:
For a while left wingers believed that there was a "Conservative Voting Block" which was very idiotic, but no we have no political parties.

I'm like 90% sure that Raisor proved it existed.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2012 2:43:20 PM
There used to be parties, mostly for fun like the Party Party. Askbob, Bluesteel, Panda, me, and others were also part of the Rivalslib Party which pushed an official platform in the elections. Askbob and I have both run for President and lost under the party banner.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2012 2:50:07 PM
Did freedo start the party party like ages ago? Wasn't ragnar rahl the first president followed by cody franklin?
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2012 2:54:16 PM
At 6/10/2012 1:03:57 PM, Wnope wrote:
DDO doesn't need political parties because the costs of mounting a campaign are so low that there is no need for a political infrastructure to support candidates.

The only incentive for parties would be to increase vote-gathering capabilities, and that's just campaigning.

This. We actually used to have political parties and all the political parties collapsed.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2012 2:55:30 PM
At 6/10/2012 2:50:07 PM, TUF wrote:
Did freedo start the party party like ages ago? Wasn't ragnar rahl the first president followed by cody franklin?

The first election was between Ragner and Danielle on the Right and Left respectively. Ragner won. The second election was between actual parties, Ragner and Wjmelements in the Liberty Party and lexiholic and Volkov in the Reform Party. Lexiholic won. The third election had Cody and Ann with the Freedom Party against Freedo and Koopin in the Party Party (innomen ran as Independent) with Cody winning. Innomen has won the last two elections, not with any party I don't think.
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2012 4:11:28 PM
At 6/10/2012 1:18:09 PM, thett3 wrote:

We do still think there is a conservative voting bloc. Or at least me.

And this:

At 5/9/2012 3:03:16 PM, 1dustpelt wrote: [About Conservative Coalition] we do have a PM with 9 people to post unvoted debates.

There is a CVB.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2012 4:15:46 PM
At 6/10/2012 4:11:28 PM, Contra wrote:

And this:

At 5/9/2012 3:03:16 PM, 1dustpelt wrote: [About Conservative Coalition] we do have a PM with 9 people to post unvoted debates.

There is a CVB.

While a CVB may very well exist, PM's to post unvoted debates don't necessarily count as voting blocs. If this were so I'd have been involved in numerous ones over the year I've been here. It's only a voting bloc if it is started with the intent to vote one way. A PM with a few frequent voters doesn't mean they joined just to vote together. Your quote by itself doesn't prove that. Of course I'm pretty sure CVB's have been proven to exist before, though not necessarily with this new batch of conservatives.
:
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2012 5:19:20 PM
Just what exactly are the duties of being president of DDO. I know they don't entail shutting down forums that are directed at individual users for the expressed purpose to make personal attacks and insults. What if anything does this position entail.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2012 5:52:32 PM

And this:

There is a CVB.

Yes, I was totally nuts to think that there was a conspiracy with a DDO elite and liberals.

The sane people believe in a different conspiracy involving conservatives.

I love liberal logic.
President of DDO
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2012 7:20:20 PM
At 6/10/2012 5:52:32 PM, jimtimmy wrote:

And this:

There is a CVB.

Yes, I was totally nuts to think that there was a conspiracy with a DDO elite and liberals.

I love liberal logic.

There is no DDO elite. And if there is/was, I am not involved in it.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2012 7:44:26 PM
At 6/10/2012 5:52:32 PM, jimtimmy wrote:

And this:

There is a CVB.

I love liberal logic.

Typical liberals.
"The chief business of the American people is business." - Calvin Coolidge

Latest debate - Reagan was a better President than Obama: http://www.debate.org...
WriterDave
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2012 11:24:48 PM
The Civil Defense Party.

http://www.debate.org...
Writer. Liberal atheist. Official "Official of the FREEDO Bureaucracy" of the FREEDO Bureaucracy.

Edit To Civilize, with FAQs: http://bit.ly...
Insult Ownership: http://bit.ly...
Haters: http://bit.ly...

"I said you are a fake, a phony, and a fraud, but that doesn't mean I think you're putting on an act." --Innomen