HElP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Debatenewbie14
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2009 5:15:47 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
ok so the new ld topic is out it is
Resolved: Public high school students in the United States ought not be required to pass standardized exit exams to graduate.
I dont know what to do for it I really need some help plz if you have anything anything at all that would be awesome
Rezzealaux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2009 5:20:30 PM
Why did you start a new thread when you know there's already one on this exact topic?
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
Rezzealaux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2009 5:30:09 PM
At 8/16/2009 5:24:59 PM, Debatenewbie14 wrote:
what do you mean i just reallu need help
What part of
Why did you start a new thread when you know there's already one on this exact topic?
did you not understand?

Or did you think that making multiple threads will get you more help?
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2009 5:58:59 PM
At 8/16/2009 5:15:47 PM, Debatenewbie14 wrote:
ok so the new ld topic is out it is
Resolved: Public high school students in the United States ought not be required to pass standardized exit exams to graduate.
I dont know what to do for it I really need some help plz if you have anything anything at all that would be awesome

My best advice: Don't debate that topic, because it's awful.
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2009 6:12:46 PM
At 8/16/2009 6:07:53 PM, Logical-Master wrote:
Even better advice: Quit LD and join Mock Trial or perhaps Parli debate. You won't regret it!

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... I'm an LD-er, and love it :) I just realize that I don't get to handpick every topic that comes along, and I usually learn to 'like' most of the topics; besides, it's not like he can't do LD AND Mock Trial :) though, as far as Parli, I don't know how he feels about it, but I'm just kind of 'ehhhh' when it comes to that kind of debate.
resolutionsmasher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2009 7:43:19 PM
If you wish to become a better LD person then I would recommend you try your hardest on cases that present the most challenge. I can certainly attest to that. So to answer you question, I believe personally that standardized tests to pass high school (and high school only) are a good goal but one that is unable to be reached realistically, and thus cannot be attempted profitably. A value might be diversity and individualism might be its criterion. An opposing view might use quality of society as a value and something along the lines of societal evolution as a criterion (survival of the fittest). Don't take my advise as perfect because I haven't had time to think it over just yet.
In the relationship between Obama and the rest of the U.S..... I think the U.S. is getting the short end of the hockey stick.