Jump to topic:

Quick Request

royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2012 8:58:51 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I've noticed that there have been a great deal of threads in which people have been launching their campaigns for DDO's December election. While I think that it's great that everyone wants to be involved in the website, I think that those threads are unnecessary and just harmful to those campaigns. The current election is not over, and airmax has not yet been sworn in. Given that this is true, I don't think there is yet a need to post those threads. The fact that the threads are being posted so early has already made me decide not to vote for several of those campaigns because I now am under the impression that the people who posted them don't care about DDO, only care about power, and are not willing to give our new president a chance.

Again, it's cool that you guys want to help run the site, but there is no need to post those threads this early in the game. Wait for three months, see how airmax runs DDO, and then decide if you want to run.

I'm not saying that you don't have a right to post those threads; all I'm saying is that it's annoying.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2012 9:22:10 AM
At 6/13/2012 8:58:51 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
I've noticed that there have been a great deal of threads in which people have been launching their campaigns for DDO's December election. While I think that it's great that everyone wants to be involved in the website, I think that those threads are unnecessary and just harmful to those campaigns. The current election is not over, and airmax has not yet been sworn in. Given that this is true, I don't think there is yet a need to post those threads. The fact that the threads are being posted so early has already made me decide not to vote for several of those campaigns because I now am under the impression that the people who posted them don't care about DDO, only care about power, and are not willing to give our new president a chance.

Again, it's cool that you guys want to help run the site, but there is no need to post those threads this early in the game. Wait for three months, see how airmax runs DDO, and then decide if you want to run.

I'm not saying that you don't have a right to post those threads; all I'm saying is that it's annoying.

You do realize that they are all probably joke threads, right?
vmpire321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2012 9:28:22 AM
At 6/13/2012 9:22:10 AM, drafterman wrote:

CD1 acted like he was serious :P
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2012 9:31:25 AM
At 6/13/2012 9:28:22 AM, vmpire321 wrote:

CD1 acted like he was serious :P

Isn't that what makes it funny?
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2012 9:36:03 AM

No, I don't think they were. HistoryGenius and CheeseDingo were serious.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2012 9:40:20 AM
At 6/13/2012 9:36:03 AM, royalpaladin wrote:

Ok. So 2 is "great deal"?
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2012 9:43:52 AM
At 6/13/2012 9:40:20 AM, drafterman wrote:

DaytonaNerd was a third.

One person does it and then it starts mushrooming :/
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2012 9:47:03 AM
At 6/13/2012 9:43:52 AM, royalpaladin wrote:

DaytonaNerd was a third.

Yeah, and then, for every real one, you get a dozen joke ones, like people wanting to be Queen of the Universe...

Hold on, my coffee pot is whispering something to me...
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2012 9:47:59 AM
At 6/13/2012 9:47:03 AM, drafterman wrote:

DaytonaNerd was a third.

Yeah, and then, for every real one, you get a dozen joke ones, like people wanting to be Queen of the Universe...

The joke ones were poking fun at the serious ones :p
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2012 9:51:53 AM
At 6/13/2012 9:47:59 AM, royalpaladin wrote:

DaytonaNerd was a third.

Which A) wouldn't exist without the serious ones (so you should be thanking them) and B) could have easily been done inside the preexisting threads, rather than creating new ones.

royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2012 9:56:16 AM
At 6/13/2012 9:51:53 AM, drafterman wrote:
At 6/13/2012 9:47:59 AM, royalpaladin wrote:

DaytonaNerd was a third.

Which A) wouldn't exist without the serious ones (so you should be thanking them)
The point was to make them look ridiculous. I wouldn't have had to post it if they hadn't.
and B) could have easily been done inside the preexisting threads, rather than creating new ones.

True. I hereby implore myself to cease :p