Jump to topic:

DDO President Acceptance Post

airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2012 3:22:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I would like to thank everyone who voted in the election, and everyone who contributes to this site.

I'd like to thank my opponent, Medic, whom I hope will join me in some capacity as I enter the role of president. I have a lot of respect for Medic and, had I not been running, I would have proudly placed a vote for him.

I would like to give special thanks to those who helped me in my campaign.

Most importantly, I'd like to thank Innomen, whose insight and advice is invaluable. I hope I am able to live up to the standards he has set for the position, and I am grateful to have him as my VP.

Oryus, who helped me every step of the way, and without whom I likely could not have reached this point.

Imabench, who helped me from the very beginning, and whose absence was felt significantly by the campaign. He has been missed.

DarkKermit, Wnope, F-16, RoyalPaladin, Mirza, Freedo, JaxsonRaine and Nur-Ab-Sal, as well as many others, all lent their support on multiple occasions, so I would like to express my deepest gratitude to them as well. I'd also like to thank Viper-King for his excellent work as the election moderator.

Tomorrow I will become DDO's next president, and will begin to work on all the various projects that I have been campaigning on. I will attempt to bring change where it is needed, and to maintain the quality of the site we have grown accustomed to.

I want to reiterate that the role of DDO president is nothing if not a service position, so I urge all members to contact me at any time if they have any concerns, questions, comments or anything else. I also ask that any members who would like to be involved in helping the site in some way get in touch with me so they may have that opportunity.

Once again, thank you to everyone. Let's party, drinks are on me for the next hour.*

*Age restrictions apply

Extra:

I never realized how highly you all thought of me. This has truly been a humbling experience. To reward my supporters for their votes and advice, I've asked Nur-Ab-Sal to make a video explaining my newest idea for the site. If you voted for me, I think you're really going to enjoy it. It will truly enrich everybody's experience here on DDO and bring them exactly what they want more of: airmax1227.

http://www.youtube.com...

(Joking aside, this vid was actually made as part of the campaign. I decided though not to post it, as I was concerned it might be viewed as an attempt to attack JimTimmy and the idea of a history forum. This was not at all my intent, as it was only meant to be satire.)

Once again, thank you to everyone, I look forward to seeing what we can accomplish together.
Debate.org Moderator
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2012 3:31:31 PM
At 6/14/2012 3:22:37 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
I would like to thank everyone who voted in the election, and everyone who contributes to this site.

I'd like to thank my opponent, Medic, whom I hope will join me in some capacity as I enter the role of president. I have a lot of respect for Medic and, had I not been running, I would have proudly placed a vote for him.

I would like to give special thanks to those who helped me in my campaign.

Most importantly, I'd like to thank Innomen, whose insight and advice is invaluable. I hope I am able to live up to the standards he has set for the position, and I am grateful to have him as my VP.

Oryus, who helped me every step of the way, and without whom I likely could not have reached this point.

Imabench, who helped me from the very beginning, and whose absence was felt significantly by the campaign. He has been missed.

DarkKermit, Wnope, F-16, RoyalPaladin, Mirza, Freedo, JaxsonRaine and Nur-Ab-Sal, as well as many others, all lent their support on multiple occasions, so I would like to express my deepest gratitude to them as well. I'd also like to thank Viper-King for his excellent work as the election moderator.

Tomorrow I will become DDO's next president, and will begin to work on all the various projects that I have been campaigning on. I will attempt to bring change where it is needed, and to maintain the quality of the site we have grown accustomed to.

I want to reiterate that the role of DDO president is nothing if not a service position, so I urge all members to contact me at any time if they have any concerns, questions, comments or anything else. I also ask that any members who would like to be involved in helping the site in some way get in touch with me so they may have that opportunity.

Once again, thank you to everyone. Let's party, drinks are on me for the next hour.*

*Age restrictions apply

Extra:

I never realized how highly you all thought of me. This has truly been a humbling experience. To reward my supporters for their votes and advice, I've asked Nur-Ab-Sal to make a video explaining my newest idea for the site. If you voted for me, I think you're really going to enjoy it. It will truly enrich everybody's experience here on DDO and bring them exactly what they want more of: airmax1227.

http://www.youtube.com...

(Joking aside, this vid was actually made as part of the campaign. I decided though not to post it, as I was concerned it might be viewed as an attempt to attack JimTimmy and the idea of a history forum. This was not at all my intent, as it was only meant to be satire.)

Once again, thank you to everyone, I look forward to seeing what we can accomplish together.

Congratulations my friend.
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2012 3:32:58 PM
Well done: posting on DDO Blog.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2012 3:43:41 PM
Inb4 Air is one of JT's multis.
Congratulations man!
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
MasterKage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2012 3:44:13 PM
Congratulations, Airmax. Love the little post regarding wine/beer/scotch/whiskey. ;p

Also, that video was quite interesting an humorous. Very good editing, as well. ;)
This signature is full of timey wimey wibbly wobbly stuff...
cheesedingo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2012 3:46:28 PM
I wish you the best of luck. Congrats, and may your reign be long and bountiful to this site.
My name is Cheesedingo1. I am a dingo. Made of cheese. My favorite number is one. BOOM.
Nur-Ab-Sal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2012 3:48:01 PM
Congratulations Airmax. I love the video. Whoever made it is awesome.
Genesis I. And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2012 3:48:34 PM
At 6/14/2012 3:48:01 PM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:

I know right?
#UnbanTheMadman

Or lose the race to rats

~ Rush
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2012 4:20:57 PM
At 6/14/2012 4:19:44 PM, IFLYHIGH wrote:
At 6/14/2012 3:49:21 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Congrats. And good luck.

You have our support now, overseer of DDO.;)
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
cheesedingo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2012 4:34:19 PM
At 6/14/2012 4:24:42 PM, Viper-King wrote:
Not president till tommorow Mister.

lol
My name is Cheesedingo1. I am a dingo. Made of cheese. My favorite number is one. BOOM.
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2012 4:39:41 PM

Darn. I wanted that Airmax forum TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!
#UnbanTheMadman

Or lose the race to rats

~ Rush
tyler90az
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2012 4:49:31 PM
At 6/14/2012 4:45:24 PM, innomen wrote:
Congratulations my friend, you'll do well.

To be honest, I think would be a better President for DDO:).Nonetheless, congratulations and I hope you do well.
Today we begin in earnest the work of making sure that the world we leave our children is just a little bit better than the one we inhabit today. - President Obama
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2012 4:52:12 PM
Just outa curiosity how many total votes were there?
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
MasterKage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2012 4:54:23 PM
At 6/14/2012 4:52:12 PM, sadolite wrote:
Just outa curiosity how many total votes were there?

61 votes.
Nur-Ab-Sal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2012 5:02:00 PM
At 6/14/2012 4:39:41 PM, bossyburrito wrote:

Darn. I wanted that Airmax forum TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Me too :/
Genesis I. And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2012 5:28:34 PM
61 votes out of a possible 5000+ That means everyone voted for their "friend" basically. A popularity contest. But hey that's OK. But Mr President don't let it go to your head. You only received half of less than one percent of potential votes.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2012 5:29:27 PM
At 6/14/2012 5:28:34 PM, sadolite wrote:
61 votes out of a possible 5000+ That means everyone voted for their "friend" basically. A popularity contest. But hey that's OK. But Mr President don't let it go to your head. You only received half of less than one percent of potential votes.

61 votes out of the few members of the 5000 who were either active or truly cared for the presidency...sir....
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
MasterKage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2012 5:35:42 PM
At 6/14/2012 5:28:34 PM, sadolite wrote:

Actually, no. My vote was based entirely off Airmax's and Medic's presidential platforms. I believed that Airmax's was superior. I also assume that the majority of people voted for the candidate's platform that the believed to be superior.
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2012 8:16:18 PM

lolz
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2012 8:24:09 PM
At 6/14/2012 8:16:18 PM, Oryus wrote:

lolz

Its funny cuz itz him.
#UnbanTheMadman

Or lose the race to rats

~ Rush