Total Posts:9|Showing Posts:1-9
Jump to topic:

Kind of embarrassing

socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2012 5:18:57 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I just checked, and out of the top 400 ranked members on the site, only four have lost more debates than me.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Kinesis
Posts: 3,667
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2012 5:38:58 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
You started out pretty awfully, then massively improved. Also, you tend to forfeit quite a lot. In any case, you're pretty damn intelligent so far as I can tell, so who cares? :)
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2012 5:50:20 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/16/2012 5:38:58 AM, Kinesis wrote:
You started out pretty awfully, then massively improved. Also, you tend to forfeit quite a lot. In any case, you're pretty damn intelligent so far as I can tell, so who cares? :)

I dunno. It's just weird. About 35 of my losses were due to forfeits but it's still a bit weird since I try to put my best into my debates. Oh well, just a thought I suppose.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2012 8:04:05 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/16/2012 5:50:20 AM, socialpinko wrote:
At 6/16/2012 5:38:58 AM, Kinesis wrote:
You started out pretty awfully, then massively improved. Also, you tend to forfeit quite a lot. In any case, you're pretty damn intelligent so far as I can tell, so who cares? :)

I dunno. It's just weird. About 35 of my losses were due to forfeits but it's still a bit weird since I try to put my best into my debates. Oh well, just a thought I suppose.

so 15 legitimate losses out of 169 debates....I feel like this is a tacit insult to the 99.99% of DDO with a worse record than that...
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2012 8:11:24 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/16/2012 8:04:05 AM, 000ike wrote:
At 6/16/2012 5:50:20 AM, socialpinko wrote:
At 6/16/2012 5:38:58 AM, Kinesis wrote:
You started out pretty awfully, then massively improved. Also, you tend to forfeit quite a lot. In any case, you're pretty damn intelligent so far as I can tell, so who cares? :)

I dunno. It's just weird. About 35 of my losses were due to forfeits but it's still a bit weird since I try to put my best into my debates. Oh well, just a thought I suppose.

so 15 legitimate losses out of 169 debates....I feel like this is a tacit insult to the 99.99% of DDO with a worse record than that...

Nah, my forfeited debates are legitimate losses, they're just losses for a reason other than solely arguments.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Kinesis
Posts: 3,667
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2012 8:14:42 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/16/2012 8:04:05 AM, 000ike wrote:
so 15 legitimate losses out of 169 debates....I feel like this is a tacit insult to the 99.99% of DDO with a worse record than that...

That assumes that Social would have won all the debates he forfeited. :P
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2012 8:29:46 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/16/2012 8:14:42 AM, Kinesis wrote:
At 6/16/2012 8:04:05 AM, 000ike wrote:
so 15 legitimate losses out of 169 debates....I feel like this is a tacit insult to the 99.99% of DDO with a worse record than that...

That assumes that Social would have won all the debates he forfeited. :P

So true, I doubt I'd have won my naturalism debate against PCP or my socialism debate against laissezfaire. ;) Also it turns out I only lost 29 debates due to forfeit, not 35 so yeah.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2012 9:27:37 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/16/2012 5:18:57 AM, socialpinko wrote:
I just checked, and out of the top 400 ranked members on the site, only four have lost more debates than me.

As Kineses said, allot of your loses come from forfeits. Also it doesn't really mean anything. You've done more debates than the large majority of those members. If we look at their ratio, quite a large amount would have lost more than you by the time they've completed as many debates as you. For example, Imabench has lost 47 times which is almost four times as much as I have but he still has a better win ratio than I.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)