Total Posts:22|Showing Posts:1-22
Jump to topic:

Debates you're proud of

socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2012 9:32:11 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Post debates which you think you did exceptionally well in.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2012 9:47:28 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Suppose I'll go first.

Defending the moral argument for the existence of God.
http://www.debate.org...

Arguing Pinocchio's nose would not grow if he said it would now grow.
http://www.debate.org...

Defending categorical imperative against the principle of utility.
http://www.debate.org...

Beat brian_eggleston in a debate.
http://www.debate.org...

And that's it.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Cody_Franklin
Posts: 9,483
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2012 9:48:11 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
1. "'Wealthy' is an absolute term, rather than a relative one." http://www.debate.org...

I lost this one, but I thought it was nevertheless a GREAT debate. Feverish really put up a good challenge, and came out on top.

2. "Objectivism is not a logically valid philosophy." http://www.debate.org...

I curb-stomped Zets in this one.

3. "Fascism is on the rise in the United States." http://www.debate.org...

Yep.

4. "The conservative view point should be labeled as hate speech to eliminate it for ever." http://www.debate.org...

Possibly one of the lulziest victories I've ever had.

5. "Vi_Veri is hotter than theLwerd." http://www.debate.org...

K.

There are other good ones, but these are probably my top 5.
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2012 10:12:05 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
In order of most recently completed.

Played devils advocate and on an argument that has allot of science mixed into it (I don't like debating science)
http://www.debate.org...

Whether naturalism or God provides a more plausible explanation for objective morality, against DakotaKrafick. Though I'd probably do allot better now(it was around when I first started getting interested in philosophy) and character limit was a bum.
http://www.debate.org...

Beat DakotaKrafick in a debate though it was just a case of semantics.
http://www.debate.org...

I dislike this type of debate but think I did pretty well.
http://www.debate.org...

With OMGJB. Could have done better on my opening argument but think I did pretty well.
http://www.debate.org...
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2012 10:34:31 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
http://www.debate.org...

I tied with Popculturepooka, probably my biggest accomplishment
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Contra
Posts: 3,941
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2012 11:08:17 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
The United States should have a Single Payer Healthcare system (PRO)
http://www.debate.org...
The US should have a Capitalist Mixed Economy, not AnCap (PRO)
http://www.debate.org...
Taxes Should Be Significantly Cut (CON)
http://www.debate.org...
Progressive Income Tax (PRO)
http://www.debate.org...
Torture Should Be Legal (CON)
http://www.debate.org...
Obama's Presidency Has Not Been Successful (CON)
http://www.debate.org...
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2012 3:06:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I personally enjoy and am proud of my Nuclear debates, though I don't really care to dig through here to find them.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2012 4:03:14 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/16/2012 11:08:17 AM, Contra wrote:

The US should have a Capitalist Mixed Economy, not AnCap (PRO)
http://www.debate.org...

You're proud of this? Usually one would post a debate with a tough opponent. This chap just forfeited a lot.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Ron-Paul
Posts: 2,557
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2012 6:31:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/16/2012 4:03:14 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 6/16/2012 11:08:17 AM, Contra wrote:

The US should have a Capitalist Mixed Economy, not AnCap (PRO)
http://www.debate.org...

You're proud of this? Usually one would post a debate with a tough opponent. This chap just forfeited a lot.

I think he's proud because he changed pro's opinion.
TUF
Posts: 21,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2012 12:42:17 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
MY TOP 5


KetarHero, on objective moral law
http://www.debate.org...

Story debate with Budda (REALLY GOOD)
http://www.debate.org...

Gun control with Mr.Brooks
http://www.debate.org...

Influential society debate with contra
http://www.debate.org...

Action determines whether a person is moral/immoral.
http://www.debate.org...
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2012 1:47:22 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I've never faced the challenging debaters of DDO, but I've made some pretty good arguments on the site.

Woodrow Wilson was a bad president.
http://www.debate.org...

Is the g-string the most susceptible to breaking on an acoustic six string steel guitar
http://www.debate.org...

Semen should be bottled and sold as a teeth whitener.
http://www.debate.org...
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2012 1:51:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I brought Immanuel Kant into a debate concerning the production and sale of semen for use as a natural teeth whitener.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
Double_R
Posts: 4,886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2012 10:59:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Not the toughest opponent, but as someone who barely graduated high school it is always fun to brag about beating a law student 31-0 in a debate about a murder trial.
http://www.debate.org...
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2012 12:03:25 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
3) Gun Rights with JM

http://www.debate.org...

Lot of research and a good learning experience.

2) Wind Energy with RL.

http://www.debate.org...

I lost it but spent a ton of time on research and learnt so much that it was worth it. My opponent presented excellent arguments as well. I also had time to do a lot of calculations which I love.

1) Death Penalty with LK

http://www.debate.org...

Spent 10 hours posting my argument for round 3. This was due to the amount of time spent finding original research. I was quite proud of the final argument I generated after all that hard work.
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2012 12:21:51 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/20/2012 12:03:25 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

1) Death Penalty with LK

http://www.debate.org...

Spent 10 hours posting my argument for round 3. This was due to the amount of time spent finding original research. I was quite proud of the final argument I generated after all that hard work.

I still remember that. That was like, the best rebuttal ever, lol. Made him concede the debate.
Double_R
Posts: 4,886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2012 3:10:30 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/20/2012 12:21:51 AM, BlackVoid wrote:
At 6/20/2012 12:03:25 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

1) Death Penalty with LK

http://www.debate.org...

Spent 10 hours posting my argument for round 3. This was due to the amount of time spent finding original research. I was quite proud of the final argument I generated after all that hard work.

I still remember that. That was like, the best rebuttal ever, lol. Made him concede the debate.

Yea, I also remember that. F-16 destroyed his opponent. I would have given up too.
Kinesis
Posts: 3,667
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2012 3:27:20 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/20/2012 12:03:25 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
http://www.debate.org...

Spent 10 hours posting my argument for round 3. This was due to the amount of time spent finding original research. I was quite proud of the final argument I generated after all that hard work.

Man, that third round was epic.