Jump to topic:

Roasting Begins Soon At DDO *

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2012 3:49:07 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Our monthly roasting will begin next month. So please get ready and cast your votes in as soon as possible. Who do you want the first "official" roasting to be here at Debate.org. It can be male, or female. Just give us the name of the person you want us to roast to the highest degree. Thank you much. =()
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2012 3:57:30 PM
At 6/25/2012 3:55:22 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
What's wrong with roasting thett3, inferno?

You already got me in trouble today. Go away. =)
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2012 4:00:58 PM
Roast Thett9
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2012 4:02:57 PM
Well, I speak only from an objective perspective, but I thought Thad and Paradigm_Lost were the ones that girls wanted on their barbacue?

And Vi_Veri and Royal for boys??;)
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2012 4:04:39 PM
At 6/25/2012 4:02:57 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
Well, I speak only from an objective perspective, but I thought Thad and Paradigm_Lost were the ones that girls wanted on their barbacue?

And Vi_Veri and Royal for boys??;)

I think Thett will be a good choice. But we can vote it out here.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2012 4:31:57 PM
We did this once before and it was a disaster. I started it, and thought it would be good natured ribbing, but it turned into one of the worst personal flame wars ever.

Tread easy on this, because it can easily backfire.
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2012 4:33:33 PM
Where's imabench when you need him? Anyway, I'd like to see royal or Geo roasted. No offense to them, they just have very unpopular beliefs and it would be quite easy to make fun of them.
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2012 4:35:36 PM
At 6/25/2012 4:31:57 PM, innomen wrote:
We did this once before and it was a disaster. I started it, and thought it would be good natured ribbing, but it turned into one of the worst personal flame wars ever.

Oh dont worry. I will lead the way and make sure that this is a smooth sailing.
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2012 4:36:29 PM

Heheh... have you forgotten who you're talking too?
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2012 4:40:55 PM
At 6/25/2012 4:36:29 PM, MouthWash wrote:

Yeah, tell me about it. Meh, if everyone sticks to making fun of inferno we'll be safe. I should try and find the old thread, it had about 700 posts in one night, and was completely out of hand. I think it was in the Misc category.
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2012 4:43:17 PM
At 6/25/2012 4:40:55 PM, innomen wrote:

Yeah, tell me about it. Meh, if everyone sticks to making fun of inferno we'll be safe. I should try and find the old thread, it had about 700 posts in one night, and was completely out of hand. I think it was in the Misc category.

Inferno pretty much gets roasted constantly as it is. He just brushes it off.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2012 4:43:21 PM

But I was not on that thread. I think we can do this in a more reasonable manner once I set the tone as always Innomen.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2012 4:46:38 PM
At 6/25/2012 4:43:21 PM, inferno wrote:

But I was not on that thread. I think we can do this in a more reasonable manner once I set the tone as always Innomen.

It might work better. Back then there were a lot of pretty intense people who weren't afraid to mix it up. JKenyon and Panda and Danielle and Sieben, they were like pyranhas.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2012 4:48:10 PM
Roast me b1tches
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2012 4:50:01 PM

Maybe the members are friendlier on DDO this time. I remember ccstate4peat showing me a thread where everyone was making fun of a girl just because they thought she was annoying.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Microsuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2012 4:50:15 PM
Roast inferno. After all, he is an INFERNO.
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2012 4:51:10 PM
At 6/25/2012 4:46:38 PM, innomen wrote:

It might work better. Back then there were a lot of pretty intense people who weren't afraid to mix it up. JKenyon and Panda and Danielle and Sieben, they were like pyranhas.

Dont forget about NonEntity, Badger, Sieben, Izbo, and of course. Me.
I miss those guys though.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2012 4:52:49 PM
At 6/25/2012 4:51:10 PM, inferno wrote:

DDO seems to have settled down peacefully, though then again the level of its intellectual discourse on the other hand.....

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2012 4:56:47 PM
At 6/25/2012 4:52:49 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

DDO seems to have settled down peacefully, though then again the level of its intellectual discourse on the other hand.....

This cast of users today is more vast in thought. They seem to have more intimate thoughts about themselves here. And they are impersonal.
The last cast, although slightly better, were more disengaged emotionally speaking. They were mainly extreme ideologues for the most part, and very erratic at times.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2012 5:07:11 PM
At 6/25/2012 4:56:47 PM, inferno wrote:

This cast of users today is more vast in thought. They seem to have more intimate thoughts about themselves here. And they are impersonal.
The last cast, although slightly better, were more disengaged emotionally speaking. They were mainly extreme ideologues for the most part, and very erratic at times.

Interesting...Any examples of those "disengaged emotionally speaking", with "extreme ideologues for the most part", and 'very erratic at times'?

And how can you distinguish the last cast from this cast in terms of prominent member(ship)????

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2012 5:12:48 PM
At 6/25/2012 5:07:11 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

Interesting...Any examples of those "disengaged emotionally speaking", with "extreme ideologues for the most part", and 'very erratic at times'?

And how can you distinguish the last cast from this cast in terms of prominent member(ship)????

It was soley about disengaging. Back then you never showed humilty or backed down from an ideological fight. I admit, the flame wars were much more intense then. And that is because we have a more sentimental cast of users here who are more across the line thinkers, or less biased in thought, and no so caught up in their self righteous frame of mind. That is why we had the invasion of the An Capitalist Civilization. They took their rebellion and defiance elsewhere.
There is a certain subtleness about us now. This was a quality quite lacking not long ago. The value of respect is priceless.
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2012 5:14:06 PM

Nonentity has been reincarnated.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2012 5:14:56 PM
At 6/25/2012 5:14:06 PM, Oryus wrote:

Nonentity has been reincarnated.

She is one of my favorites here at DDO.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2012 5:15:44 PM
At 6/25/2012 5:12:48 PM, inferno wrote:

It was soley about disengaging. Back then you never showed humilty or backed down from an ideological fight. I admit, the flame wars were much more intense then. And that is because we have a more sentimental cast of users here who are more across the line thinkers, or less biased in thought, and no so caught up in their self righteous frame of mind. That is why we had the invasion of the An Capitalist Civilization. They took their rebellion and defiance elsewhere.
There is a certain subtleness about us now. This was a quality quite lacking not long ago. The value of respect is priceless.

Interesting. But I asked for examples who exemplify what you stated...extreme ideologies, but oh well.

Would you like to be the historian of this site?

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2012 5:21:22 PM
At 6/25/2012 5:15:44 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

Interesting. But I asked for examples who exemplify what you stated...extreme ideologies, but oh well.

Extreme ideologues. You know like Sieben, Izbo, AskBob. The list goes on..........
They were more interested in trying to intimidate people on an emotional level.
They would patronize you and more. It was borderline sadism.
Which led to the original degredation of this place. And that is why their logic
backfired. It was just utterly defiant and disrespectful at times.
I even had to leave at one point because Juggle was too busy kissing the
tail of Sieben and watched him defile them to their face.
But anyway. No, I do not want to be a historian here.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2012 5:29:32 PM
At 6/25/2012 5:21:22 PM, inferno wrote:
At 6/25/2012 5:15:44 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

Extreme ideologues. You know like Sieben, Izbo, AskBob. The list goes on..........
They were more interested in trying to intimidate people on an emotional level.
They would patronize you and more. It was borderline sadism.
Which led to the original degredation of this place. And that is why their logic
backfired. It was just utterly defiant and disrespectful at times.
I even had to leave at one point because Juggle was too busy kissing the
tail of Sieben and watched him defile them to their face.
But anyway. No, I do not want to be a historian here.

Good. You don't seem too good at explaining motives or personalities :P. And your histories would--if you were tasked to write them--would include???