Total Posts:22|Showing Posts:1-22
Jump to topic:

Horribly awkward situation.

MouthWash
Posts: 2,607
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2012 6:20:06 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I'll never troll again if someone helps me: [http://www.debate.org...]
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
MouthWash
Posts: 2,607
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2012 7:11:12 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/28/2012 6:49:46 AM, Chrysippus wrote:
Sorry, I believe in one. Can't help you, because that makes me evil.

What?
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
MouthWash
Posts: 2,607
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2012 7:11:47 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Oh. Funny.
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2012 8:17:13 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Good luck defending an unwinable proposition.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
caveat
Posts: 2,137
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2012 9:02:31 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I am one.
There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. " Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, which presents the difficulties.
Websterremembered
Posts: 95
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2012 12:08:14 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/28/2012 6:20:06 AM, MouthWash wrote:
I'll never troll again if someone helps me: [http://www.debate.org...]

use more reason and less data, don't cut it out just less, also your argument has lots of potential, make it count for what its worth.
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2012 12:51:20 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/28/2012 6:20:06 AM, MouthWash wrote:
I'll never troll again if someone helps me: [http://www.debate.org...]

Look at it this way. You can:

a) forfeit now and save yourself the time, energy, and squirming....and lose the debate

or

b) go through it and let yourself be slaughtered,.....and still lose the debate
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Chrysippus
Posts: 2,173
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2012 1:18:51 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
You cannot be serious. I do not have a belly button, and neither does anyone else I know. This must be a troll debate.
Cavete mea inexorabilis legiones mimus!
Chrysippus
Posts: 2,173
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2012 1:29:55 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Besides, there's no way the Earth could have only four corners. The least it could have is eight, if it were a cube.
Cavete mea inexorabilis legiones mimus!
Ren
Posts: 7,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2012 1:34:44 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/28/2012 1:29:55 PM, Chrysippus wrote:
Besides, there's no way the Earth could have only four corners. The least it could have is eight, if it were a cube.

Lmfao, how much did you read???

It was so weird... it was like reading a thread comprised entirely of trolls and crazy people that agree on the same premise.

I can't believe that was all the same guy. Like, what kind of page structure is that, even? Did you notice that he linked to a bunch of other pages that were similarly looney? There was only one page that wasn't filled to the brim with schizophrenic ramblings -- the "other theories debunked and mine irrefutably proven" page, which is completely empty and in construction.

Yikes.

Inferno with a doctorates in crazy fer sher.
Chrysippus
Posts: 2,173
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2012 2:10:33 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/28/2012 1:34:44 PM, Ren wrote:
At 6/28/2012 1:29:55 PM, Chrysippus wrote:
Besides, there's no way the Earth could have only four corners. The least it could have is eight, if it were a cube.

Lmfao, how much did you read???

It was so weird... it was like reading a thread comprised entirely of trolls and crazy people that agree on the same premise.

I can't believe that was all the same guy. Like, what kind of page structure is that, even? Did you notice that he linked to a bunch of other pages that were similarly looney? There was only one page that wasn't filled to the brim with schizophrenic ramblings -- the "other theories debunked and mine irrefutably proven" page, which is completely empty and in construction.

Yikes.

Inferno with a doctorates in crazy fer sher.

I've been here before; I don't remember where I first heard of it. I think it was on a forum discussing the claims of various brands of pseudoscience.

The sheer incoherence of it all staggers me.
Cavete mea inexorabilis legiones mimus!
caveat
Posts: 2,137
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2012 2:19:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/28/2012 2:10:33 PM, Chrysippus wrote:
At 6/28/2012 1:34:44 PM, Ren wrote:
At 6/28/2012 1:29:55 PM, Chrysippus wrote:
Besides, there's no way the Earth could have only four corners. The least it could have is eight, if it were a cube.

Lmfao, how much did you read???

It was so weird... it was like reading a thread comprised entirely of trolls and crazy people that agree on the same premise.

I can't believe that was all the same guy. Like, what kind of page structure is that, even? Did you notice that he linked to a bunch of other pages that were similarly looney? There was only one page that wasn't filled to the brim with schizophrenic ramblings -- the "other theories debunked and mine irrefutably proven" page, which is completely empty and in construction.

Yikes.

Inferno with a doctorates in crazy fer sher.

I've been here before; I don't remember where I first heard of it. I think it was on a forum discussing the claims of various brands of pseudoscience.

The sheer incoherence of it all staggers me.

Is it possible to be staggered? I always thought staggering was simply a trait of the subject, not an action applicable onto others.
There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. " Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, which presents the difficulties.
Chrysippus
Posts: 2,173
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2012 2:35:09 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/28/2012 2:19:53 PM, caveat wrote:
At 6/28/2012 2:10:33 PM, Chrysippus wrote:
The sheer incoherence of it all staggers me.

Is it possible to be staggered? I always thought staggering was simply a trait of the subject, not an action applicable onto others.

Something that is staggering is something that staggers or causes susceptible entities to stagger. To stagger is to stumble, be taken aback, pause or stutter because an unexpected event or incomprehensible action rocks your tiny little world to its core and causes you to question your preconceptions.

In my case, the preconceptions I questioned were the limits I assumed for the depths of human idiocy. Turns out, they were wrong.
Cavete mea inexorabilis legiones mimus!
caveat
Posts: 2,137
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2012 2:37:26 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/28/2012 2:35:09 PM, Chrysippus wrote:
At 6/28/2012 2:19:53 PM, caveat wrote:
At 6/28/2012 2:10:33 PM, Chrysippus wrote:
The sheer incoherence of it all staggers me.

Is it possible to be staggered? I always thought staggering was simply a trait of the subject, not an action applicable onto others.

Something that is staggering is something that staggers or causes susceptible entities to stagger. To stagger is to stumble, be taken aback, pause or stutter because an unexpected event or incomprehensible action rocks your tiny little world to its core and causes you to question your preconceptions.

In my case, the preconceptions I questioned were the limits I assumed for the depths of human idiocy. Turns out, they were wrong.

Staggering.
There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. " Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, which presents the difficulties.
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2012 3:59:27 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/28/2012 1:18:51 PM, Chrysippus wrote:
You cannot be serious. I do not have a belly button, and neither does anyone else I know. This must be a troll debate.
http://www.debate.org...
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
MouthWash
Posts: 2,607
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2012 4:07:19 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/28/2012 1:34:44 PM, Ren wrote:
At 6/28/2012 1:29:55 PM, Chrysippus wrote:
Besides, there's no way the Earth could have only four corners. The least it could have is eight, if it were a cube.

Lmfao, how much did you read???

It was so weird... it was like reading a thread comprised entirely of trolls and crazy people that agree on the same premise.

I can't believe that was all the same guy. Like, what kind of page structure is that, even? Did you notice that he linked to a bunch of other pages that were similarly looney? There was only one page that wasn't filled to the brim with schizophrenic ramblings -- the "other theories debunked and mine irrefutably proven" page, which is completely empty and in construction.

Yikes.

Inferno with a doctorates in crazy fer sher.

You IDIOT. I just copied it from a crazy ranting site that was a meme a decade ago. How could you even think I typed all of that out myself?
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
TheOrator
Posts: 172
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2012 4:30:31 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Umm... Yeah. After the majority of your case was either antireligious, religious, or something I simply cannot process, I don't know what your case is and so.I can't.get into specifics.. However, your opponent seems to be focusing more on the downside of dictatorship rather than the upside of anarchy. So you might just be able to wriggle into some fighting room if you can bring up the flaws of anarchy and show how, when compared, totalitarian is better. That's really all I can offer in the way of specifics
My legend begins in the 12th century
Chrysippus
Posts: 2,173
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2012 5:51:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/28/2012 4:07:19 PM, MouthWash wrote:
At 6/28/2012 1:34:44 PM, Ren wrote:
At 6/28/2012 1:29:55 PM, Chrysippus wrote:
Besides, there's no way the Earth could have only four corners. The least it could have is eight, if it were a cube.

Lmfao, how much did you read???

It was so weird... it was like reading a thread comprised entirely of trolls and crazy people that agree on the same premise.

I can't believe that was all the same guy. Like, what kind of page structure is that, even? Did you notice that he linked to a bunch of other pages that were similarly looney? There was only one page that wasn't filled to the brim with schizophrenic ramblings -- the "other theories debunked and mine irrefutably proven" page, which is completely empty and in construction.

Yikes.

Inferno with a doctorates in crazy fer sher.

You IDIOT. I just copied it from a crazy ranting site that was a meme a decade ago. How could you even think I typed all of that out myself?

We've been on the internet before. We know for a fact you wrote this yourself; the rest of the internet is populated by sane, normal people, writing sober, informative posts on respectable sites. Only you would have an idea as crazy as this.

/sarcasm.

We've seen this bit of insanity before; you aren't being accused of being the author. You forgot to source the madness, though, so don't blame the n00bs.
Cavete mea inexorabilis legiones mimus!