Jump to topic:

Adopt me?

MrBrooks
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2012 4:31:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
If you read my track record you'll find that I lose a lot of my debates, har har. I was wondering if any experienced debaters out there wouldn't mind taking me under their wing and helping me improve my skills?
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2012 4:41:01 PM
Sent a friend request. I recommend, since threads can get messy and off topic, find several people that are willing to help, and get them all into a group PM to help you.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2012 4:50:42 PM
Mr. Brooks, from my experience of you, you are a great debater.

Maybe just work on formatting and presentation, that can make the difference in the oting period.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
MrBrooks
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2012 4:52:48 PM
At 6/29/2012 4:50:42 PM, TUF wrote:
Mr. Brooks, from my experience of you, you are a great debater.

Maybe just work on formatting and presentation, that can make the difference in the oting period.

Tell that to the voters. People always seem to vote against me, and I don't always understand why.
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2012 5:25:57 PM
You don't need to be adopted. Just read through top-notch debates and try to extrapolate form them what it takes to present a case that's well executed and eloquently stated. I don't think someone can really be taught how to do good debates anyways.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2012 5:30:52 PM
At 6/29/2012 5:25:57 PM, socialpinko wrote:
You don't need to be adopted. Just read through top-notch debates and try to extrapolate form them what it takes to present a case that's well executed and eloquently stated. I don't think someone can really be taught how to do good debates anyways.

Well, for the type of debates you do. Philosophical debates are something else.

For any other kind of debate I think drowning your opponent in facts suffice. How could you vote for one case when the other just seems so much more correct?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault