Total Posts:27|Showing Posts:1-27
Jump to topic:

Political Parties list

Deathbeforedishonour
Posts: 1,058
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2012 12:53:09 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I have a question. On the list of political parties on edit profile. Why is the the Tea Party Patriots on there while the Occupy Movement is not?
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." ~ John 1:1

Matthew 10:22- "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."
thett3
Posts: 14,338
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2012 12:54:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Because the tea party has actual goals and actual success, where as the occupy movement was just a bunch of idiots biitching about how much rich people suck
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
CiRrK
Posts: 670
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2012 12:57:05 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/3/2012 12:54:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
Because the tea party has actual goals and actual success, where as the occupy movement was just a bunch of idiots biitching about how much rich people suck

lolol that^
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2012 12:58:18 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/3/2012 12:54:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
Because the tea party has actual goals and actual success, where as the occupy movement was just a bunch of idiots biitching about how much rich people suck

Really cool story there brosky.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Deathbeforedishonour
Posts: 1,058
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2012 12:59:27 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/3/2012 12:54:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
Because the tea party has actual goals and actual success, where as the occupy movement was just a bunch of idiots biitching about how much rich people suck

Yes, however half the socialist parties and "The Revolution" and the "Christian Falangist Party" Also fit similar descriptions of what you say. Also, Occupy Movement has actual goals. :P
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." ~ John 1:1

Matthew 10:22- "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."
Deathbeforedishonour
Posts: 1,058
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2012 1:06:46 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/3/2012 12:57:05 PM, CiRrK wrote:
At 7/3/2012 12:54:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
Because the tea party has actual goals and actual success, where as the occupy movement was just a bunch of idiots biitching about how much rich people suck

lolol that^

Stupid Ignorant Conservative comment #2..
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." ~ John 1:1

Matthew 10:22- "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2012 1:09:19 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Tea Party Republicans actually ran as candidates and won seats in the senate and house. Good luck trying to get someone to run as an "Occupier" for this years election.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
CiRrK
Posts: 670
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2012 1:12:10 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/3/2012 1:06:46 PM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:
At 7/3/2012 12:57:05 PM, CiRrK wrote:
At 7/3/2012 12:54:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
Because the tea party has actual goals and actual success, where as the occupy movement was just a bunch of idiots biitching about how much rich people suck

lolol that^

Stupid Ignorant Conservative comment #2..

For someone whose IQ barely exceeds 80 and whose debate skills are qualitatively analogous, you sure like to throw insults around. : )
Deathbeforedishonour
Posts: 1,058
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2012 1:13:18 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/3/2012 1:09:19 PM, darkkermit wrote:
Tea Party Republicans actually ran as candidates and won seats in the senate and house. Good luck trying to get someone to run as an "Occupier" for this years election.

I am just saying some those parties listed have never ran for senate and yet their listed. This reason is invalid.
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." ~ John 1:1

Matthew 10:22- "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."
Stephen_Hawkins
Posts: 5,316
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2012 1:16:09 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Remove all of them, and add the Republican Party, Democrat Party, Tea Party Patriots, and Independent/Other/others which attempt to win in the electoral results.

Then Add Tory/Labour/Lib Dem/Green/Respect/UKIP/BNP/Other, as the UK ones which actually attempt to win government.

Then add UMP/other french parties which names I forget in case of French.

Then add the German ones (i'm stopping with acronyms).

Then add any other major country I missed. That'll be more than enough.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
Deathbeforedishonour
Posts: 1,058
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2012 1:16:10 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/3/2012 1:12:10 PM, CiRrK wrote:
At 7/3/2012 1:06:46 PM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:
At 7/3/2012 12:57:05 PM, CiRrK wrote:
At 7/3/2012 12:54:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
Because the tea party has actual goals and actual success, where as the occupy movement was just a bunch of idiots biitching about how much rich people suck

lolol that^

Stupid Ignorant Conservative comment #2..

For someone whose IQ barely exceeds 80 and whose debate skills are qualitatively analogous, you sure like to throw insults around. : )

I can't help it the truth hurts. :)
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." ~ John 1:1

Matthew 10:22- "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2012 1:16:36 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/3/2012 12:54:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
Because the tea party has actual goals and actual success, where as the occupy movement was just a bunch of idiots biitching about how much rich people suck

If that's the case, then the tea party's just a bunch of idiots bitching about how much the government sucks.

Every movement has bandwagon idiots that don't really have anything better to do. You can't actually use them to characterize the movement.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
thett3
Posts: 14,338
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2012 1:17:23 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/3/2012 1:16:36 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 7/3/2012 12:54:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
Because the tea party has actual goals and actual success, where as the occupy movement was just a bunch of idiots biitching about how much rich people suck

If that's the case, then the tea party's just a bunch of idiots bitching about how much the government sucks.

Every movement has bandwagon idiots that don't really have anything better to do. You can't actually use them to characterize the movement.

Sillyhead you didn't read the entirety of the post :)
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Deathbeforedishonour
Posts: 1,058
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2012 1:18:20 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/3/2012 1:16:36 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 7/3/2012 12:54:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
Because the tea party has actual goals and actual success, where as the occupy movement was just a bunch of idiots biitching about how much rich people suck

If that's the case, then the tea party's just a bunch of idiots bitching about how much the government sucks.

Every movement has bandwagon idiots that don't really have anything better to do. You can't actually use them to characterize the movement.

+1
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." ~ John 1:1

Matthew 10:22- "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2012 1:22:55 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/3/2012 1:17:23 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 7/3/2012 1:16:36 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 7/3/2012 12:54:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
Because the tea party has actual goals and actual success, where as the occupy movement was just a bunch of idiots biitching about how much rich people suck

If that's the case, then the tea party's just a bunch of idiots bitching about how much the government sucks.

Every movement has bandwagon idiots that don't really have anything better to do. You can't actually use them to characterize the movement.

Sillyhead you didn't read the entirety of the post :)

The occupy movement has goals such as reducing corporate influence on elections and stopping the monopolization of wealth by 1% of the country. They have gotten success in gaining national and international recognition of their cause in a way that's very favorable to their side.

This website gets on my nerves sometimes. It really doesn't matter how inaccurate and wrong the comment is,...so long as the conservative-libertarian machine that runs this place agrees with it, it's funny.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2012 1:25:11 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/3/2012 1:22:55 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 7/3/2012 1:17:23 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 7/3/2012 1:16:36 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 7/3/2012 12:54:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
Because the tea party has actual goals and actual success, where as the occupy movement was just a bunch of idiots biitching about how much rich people suck

If that's the case, then the tea party's just a bunch of idiots bitching about how much the government sucks.

Every movement has bandwagon idiots that don't really have anything better to do. You can't actually use them to characterize the movement.

Sillyhead you didn't read the entirety of the post :)

The occupy movement has goals such as reducing corporate influence on elections and stopping the monopolization of wealth by 1% of the country. They have gotten success in gaining national and international recognition of their cause in a way that's very favorable to their side.

This website gets on my nerves sometimes. It really doesn't matter how inaccurate and wrong the comment is,...so long as the conservative-libertarian machine that runs this place agrees with it, it's funny.

The Tea Party has official goals. One of the reasons for the failure of the OWS and why they will never again reach mainstream stage is because of how disorganized their protests were. The Tea Party protests had a point and a clear set of goals (Lower taxes, lower government spending). On the other hand, there has not been ONE single clear official goal sheet of the OWS.

Also, OWS sh!ts on police cars and destroys property. Tea Partiers actually hold peaceful protests.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2012 1:25:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/3/2012 1:22:55 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 7/3/2012 1:17:23 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 7/3/2012 1:16:36 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 7/3/2012 12:54:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
Because the tea party has actual goals and actual success, where as the occupy movement was just a bunch of idiots biitching about how much rich people suck

If that's the case, then the tea party's just a bunch of idiots bitching about how much the government sucks.

Every movement has bandwagon idiots that don't really have anything better to do. You can't actually use them to characterize the movement.

Sillyhead you didn't read the entirety of the post :)

The occupy movement has goals such as reducing corporate influence on elections and stopping the monopolization of wealth by 1% of the country. They have gotten success in gaining national and international recognition of their cause in a way that's very favorable to their side.

This website gets on my nerves sometimes. It really doesn't matter how inaccurate and wrong the comment is,...so long as the conservative-libertarian machine that runs this place agrees with it, it's funny.

Ah yes. It be the libertarians' fault. To arms!
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
thett3
Posts: 14,338
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2012 1:26:25 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/3/2012 1:22:55 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 7/3/2012 1:17:23 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 7/3/2012 1:16:36 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 7/3/2012 12:54:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
Because the tea party has actual goals and actual success, where as the occupy movement was just a bunch of idiots biitching about how much rich people suck

If that's the case, then the tea party's just a bunch of idiots bitching about how much the government sucks.

Every movement has bandwagon idiots that don't really have anything better to do. You can't actually use them to characterize the movement.

Sillyhead you didn't read the entirety of the post :)

The occupy movement has goals such as reducing corporate influence on elections and stopping the monopolization of wealth by 1% of the country.

Right, but they never offer any way to actually accomplish those goals. I guess you're right, they technically have "goals" in the same way that I have the "goal" to be a billionaire, with no actual mechanism to achieve it

They have gotten success in gaining national and international recognition of their cause in a way that's very favorable to their side.

Example? They certainly havent made any headway towards getting their people elected.

This website gets on my nerves sometimes. It really doesn't matter how inaccurate and wrong the comment is,...so long as the conservative-libertarian machine that runs this place agrees with it, it's funny.

You're a cutie :)
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
thett3
Posts: 14,338
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2012 1:38:26 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/3/2012 1:22:55 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 7/3/2012 1:17:23 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 7/3/2012 1:16:36 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 7/3/2012 12:54:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
Because the tea party has actual goals and actual success, where as the occupy movement was just a bunch of idiots biitching about how much rich people suck

If that's the case, then the tea party's just a bunch of idiots bitching about how much the government sucks.

Every movement has bandwagon idiots that don't really have anything better to do. You can't actually use them to characterize the movement.

Sillyhead you didn't read the entirety of the post :)

The occupy movement has goals such as reducing corporate influence on elections and stopping the monopolization of wealth by 1% of the country. They have gotten success in gaining national and international recognition of their cause in a way that's very favorable to their side.

This website gets on my nerves sometimes. It really doesn't matter how inaccurate and wrong the comment is,...so long as the conservative-libertarian machine that runs this place agrees with it, it's funny.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2012 1:42:25 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/3/2012 1:25:48 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 7/3/2012 1:22:55 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 7/3/2012 1:17:23 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 7/3/2012 1:16:36 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 7/3/2012 12:54:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
Because the tea party has actual goals and actual success, where as the occupy movement was just a bunch of idiots biitching about how much rich people suck

If that's the case, then the tea party's just a bunch of idiots bitching about how much the government sucks.

Every movement has bandwagon idiots that don't really have anything better to do. You can't actually use them to characterize the movement.

Sillyhead you didn't read the entirety of the post :)

The occupy movement has goals such as reducing corporate influence on elections and stopping the monopolization of wealth by 1% of the country. They have gotten success in gaining national and international recognition of their cause in a way that's very favorable to their side.

This website gets on my nerves sometimes. It really doesn't matter how inaccurate and wrong the comment is,...so long as the conservative-libertarian machine that runs this place agrees with it, it's funny.

Ah yes. It be the libertarians' fault. To arms!

*Flips coin.* Alright, its heads. I'm in.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Contra
Posts: 3,941
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2012 1:54:41 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/3/2012 1:22:55 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 7/3/2012 1:17:23 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 7/3/2012 1:16:36 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 7/3/2012 12:54:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
Because the tea party has actual goals and actual success, where as the occupy movement was just a bunch of idiots biitching about how much rich people suck

If that's the case, then the tea party's just a bunch of idiots bitching about how much the government sucks.

Every movement has bandwagon idiots that don't really have anything better to do. You can't actually use them to characterize the movement.

Sillyhead you didn't read the entirety of the post :)

The occupy movement has goals such as reducing corporate influence on elections and stopping the monopolization of wealth by 1% of the country. They have gotten success in gaining national and international recognition of their cause in a way that's very favorable to their side.

This website gets on my nerves sometimes. It really doesn't matter how inaccurate and wrong the comment is,...so long as the conservative-libertarian machine that runs this place agrees with it, it's funny.

Look on the bright side. We get to play the "oppressed minority" card.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
Chrysippus
Posts: 2,173
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2012 3:57:19 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/3/2012 1:16:09 PM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:
Remove all of them, and add the Republican Party, Democrat Party, Tea Party Patriots, and Independent/Other/others which attempt to win in the electoral results.

Then Add Tory/Labour/Lib Dem/Green/Respect/UKIP/BNP/Other, as the UK ones which actually attempt to win government.

Then add UMP/other french parties which names I forget in case of French.

Then add the German ones (i'm stopping with acronyms).

Then add any other major country I missed. That'll be more than enough.

4,500 political parties later...
Cavete mea inexorabilis legiones mimus!
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2012 4:16:25 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/3/2012 1:54:41 PM, Contra wrote:
At 7/3/2012 1:22:55 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 7/3/2012 1:17:23 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 7/3/2012 1:16:36 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 7/3/2012 12:54:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
Because the tea party has actual goals and actual success, where as the occupy movement was just a bunch of idiots biitching about how much rich people suck

If that's the case, then the tea party's just a bunch of idiots bitching about how much the government sucks.

Every movement has bandwagon idiots that don't really have anything better to do. You can't actually use them to characterize the movement.

Sillyhead you didn't read the entirety of the post :)

The occupy movement has goals such as reducing corporate influence on elections and stopping the monopolization of wealth by 1% of the country. They have gotten success in gaining national and international recognition of their cause in a way that's very favorable to their side.

This website gets on my nerves sometimes. It really doesn't matter how inaccurate and wrong the comment is,...so long as the conservative-libertarian machine that runs this place agrees with it, it's funny.

Look on the bright side. We get to play the "oppressed minority" card.

http://www.debate.org...

Excuse me, but who is the real minority here?
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2012 11:01:36 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/3/2012 12:54:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
Because the tea party has actual goals and actual success, where as the occupy movement was just a bunch of idiots biitching about how much rich people suck

Uuuuh. You know. The Tea Party is an American phenomenon that hasn't done anything lately. It's one success is getting a Republican majority in congress. The Occupy Movement is a global phenomenon, is still going strong and has included some of the largest protests in world history. It has directly played a part in a hand full of regime changes. Just sayin.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Stephen_Hawkins
Posts: 5,316
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2012 1:35:53 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/3/2012 3:57:19 PM, Chrysippus wrote:
At 7/3/2012 1:16:09 PM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:
Remove all of them, and add the Republican Party, Democrat Party, Tea Party Patriots, and Independent/Other/others which attempt to win in the electoral results.

Then Add Tory/Labour/Lib Dem/Green/Respect/UKIP/BNP/Other, as the UK ones which actually attempt to win government.

Then add UMP/other french parties which names I forget in case of French.

Then add the German ones (i'm stopping with acronyms).

Then add any other major country I missed. That'll be more than enough.

4,500 political parties later...

It'd be closer to around 50, maybe 100. Still slightly less than current, and better.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
sadolite
Posts: 8,837
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2012 11:08:40 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/3/2012 12:53:09 PM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:
I have a question. On the list of political parties on edit profile. Why is the the Tea Party Patriots on there while the Occupy Movement is not?

The "Communist Party" and OWS are one in the same. They just changed their name to OWS instead of the Communist Party, so they could repackage and sell it to the new up and coming youth who don't know any better. OWS sounds cool so the youth will fall for it hook line and sinker.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2012 8:50:08 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/3/2012 1:54:41 PM, Contra wrote:
At 7/3/2012 1:22:55 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 7/3/2012 1:17:23 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 7/3/2012 1:16:36 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 7/3/2012 12:54:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
Because the tea party has actual goals and actual success, where as the occupy movement was just a bunch of idiots biitching about how much rich people suck

If that's the case, then the tea party's just a bunch of idiots bitching about how much the government sucks.

Every movement has bandwagon idiots that don't really have anything better to do. You can't actually use them to characterize the movement.

Sillyhead you didn't read the entirety of the post :)

The occupy movement has goals such as reducing corporate influence on elections and stopping the monopolization of wealth by 1% of the country. They have gotten success in gaining national and international recognition of their cause in a way that's very favorable to their side.

This website gets on my nerves sometimes. It really doesn't matter how inaccurate and wrong the comment is,...so long as the conservative-libertarian machine that runs this place agrees with it, it's funny.

Look on the bright side. We get to play the "oppressed minority" card.

Which is bad.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus