Jump to topic:

Anyone want to debate on oil?

F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2012 10:21:19 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Is anyone here interested in the controversies surrounding oil drilling, offshore drilling, and the like? I am not sure exactly what interests potential debaters but if anyone is interested, we can narrow down a resolution relating to oil. There is a lot of research required so I don't want to post an opening argument if it seems like no one will accept. The last opening challenge I posted (before my current debate) expired for instance.

All I ask in the contender is that you as 18 or over and have as many wins or more wins than me.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2012 10:31:28 PM
At 7/3/2012 10:21:19 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Is anyone here interested in the controversies surrounding oil drilling, offshore drilling, and the like? I am not sure exactly what interests potential debaters but if anyone is interested, we can narrow down a resolution relating to oil. There is a lot of research required so I don't want to post an opening argument if it seems like no one will accept. The last opening challenge I posted (before my current debate) expired for instance.

All I ask in the contender is that you as 18 or over and have as many wins or more wins than me.

What is your basic position (of course a specific resolution would need to be worked out)?
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2012 10:37:55 PM
At 7/3/2012 10:31:28 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 7/3/2012 10:21:19 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

What is your basic position (of course a specific resolution would need to be worked out)?

Pro on drilling for oil.
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2012 1:34:04 AM
BP [just picking a random oil company] should focus further on drilling for oil (CON)
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...