Jump to topic:

Logging out

000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2012 10:55:09 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Ever since juggle started making updates, the website logs me out almost every hour. Usually this wouldn't be a problem. But I had just written a very very long response in the comment section of a debate, and when I hit post, the site sent me to the sign in page, and the whole thing was gone.

Anyone else experiencing this problem?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2012 10:56:21 AM
At 7/4/2012 10:55:09 AM, 000ike wrote:
Ever since juggle started making updates, the website logs me out almost every hour. Usually this wouldn't be a problem. But I had just written a very very long response in the comment section of a debate, and when I hit post, the site sent me to the sign in page, and the whole thing was gone.

Yeah, I have a feeling it has something to do with linking an account to facebook.
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2012 11:03:09 AM
Yup.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
vbaculum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2012 11:34:57 AM
Yes, I've had the same problems recently.
"If you claim to value nonviolence and you consume animal products, you need to rethink your position on nonviolence." - Gary Francione

THE WORLD IS VEGAN! If you want it
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2012 12:01:23 PM
Yeah, I had noticed this issue about a week ago, when I noticed the log-in 'remember me' check box was also malfunctioning. Both of these problems seem to be an issue with some of the recent updates. I have already talked with Juggle about it and they are currently working on getting it fixed.
Debate.org Moderator
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2012 12:04:00 PM
This has been happening to me like ever since I started DDO o.0
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2012 12:06:34 PM
At 7/4/2012 12:04:00 PM, thett3 wrote:
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2012 12:07:19 PM
At 7/4/2012 12:06:34 PM, phantom wrote:
At 7/4/2012 12:04:00 PM, thett3 wrote:

Though not anywhere near every hour except occasionally.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
vbaculum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2012 12:20:35 PM
At 7/4/2012 12:01:23 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
Yeah, I had noticed this issue about a week ago, when I noticed the log-in 'remember me' check box was also malfunctioning. Both of these problems seem to be an issue with some of the recent updates. I have already talked with Juggle about it and they are currently working on getting it fixed.

Cool!
"If you claim to value nonviolence and you consume animal products, you need to rethink your position on nonviolence." - Gary Francione

THE WORLD IS VEGAN! If you want it
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2012 1:10:41 PM
At 7/4/2012 12:39:42 PM, Ron-Paul wrote:
Yep. A lot more than usual.

Than the incidences in the past, I should add.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2012 1:21:01 PM
Get Larzaurus or something for Chrome. It saves what you type and you can recover it.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2012 1:25:56 PM
At 7/4/2012 1:22:26 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Just click the back button and it takes you back to your response with everything still in the comment box.

I know, I did that. But what I wrote wasn't there.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2012 4:43:31 PM
It happens to me every once in a while. And it has pi$$ed me off greatly before after writing out long comments so I feel your pain, ike.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2012 6:15:04 PM
It has happened to me so frequently on this site that I have gotten into the habit of hitting control A, control C before I hit post. That way, I have a copy of what I wrote when the log-in page pops up.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2012 8:02:44 PM
At 7/4/2012 6:15:04 PM, bluesteel wrote:
It has happened to me so frequently on this site that I have gotten into the habit of hitting control A, control C before I hit post. That way, I have a copy of what I wrote when the log-in page pops up.

I also do this, though it doesn't happen to me as frequently.
nate.DDOqa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2012 3:07:07 PM

Will any/all of you please tell me exactly how you have experienced this error?

What browser and version were you using?
What was/is your username that you were logged in as when this happened?
Was your ddo account integrated with fb? -if yes, were you using any other fb apps like spotify, soundcloud, etc.?
What type of page were you on when getting timed out (an actual debate, user profile, invite friends)?
When did this happen (date-wise)?
Did you log in with fb or did you login with your email and did you or did you not enable 'remember me'?
Do you think you were timed out or do you think it was something else that logged you out?
How long were you sitting on the page before going to another when you realized you got logged out?
Any other info you think could be useful diagnosing this problem

Thank you
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2012 3:21:55 PM
At 7/11/2012 3:07:07 PM, nate.juggleqa wrote:

google chrome

000ike

Was your ddo account integrated with fb?
no

What type of page were you on when getting timed out (an actual debate, user profile, invite friends)?
Typing a comment on a debate,...though I get timed out pretty much anywhere on the site

1 week ago

Did you log in with fb or did you login with your email and did you or did you not enable 'remember me'?
logging in and enabled "remember me"....but still got logged out

Do you think you were timed out or do you think it was something else that logged you out?
I don't know

How long were you sitting on the page before going to another when you realized you got logged out?
about 10 minutes maybe
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2012 3:26:15 PM
At 7/11/2012 3:07:07 PM, nate.juggleqa wrote:

Safari(latest version) on my iphone

Buddamoose

Was your ddo account integrated with fb? -if yes, were you using any other fb apps like spotify, soundcloud, etc.?

Yes, and no

Its been all kinds, forums, debates, comments, posts etc.

Often, a few times every day

Logged innwith facebook enabling "remember me"

Perhaps timed out, but theres been a few occasions where I was in the middle of typing a long post and I was simply logged out randomly

Hmmm, id say for the instances of typing long posts, about 10-15 min.

Any other info you think could be useful diagnosing this problem

Thank you

Your welcome
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2012 6:43:07 PM
I use Firefox 13.0.1 with Windows 7 Pro. I log in on the site as user RoyLatham and always check "Keep me logged in.' I don't see any pattern in the automatic logout. I'm guessing it a function of time, but it could be something else I'm not noticing. It is annoying.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2012 7:05:00 PM
At 7/11/2012 6:43:07 PM, RoyLatham wrote:
I use Firefox 13.0.1 with Windows 7 Pro. I log in on the site as user RoyLatham and always check "Keep me logged in.' I don't see any pattern in the automatic logout. I'm guessing it a function of time, but it could be something else I'm not noticing. It is annoying.

It has also led to some bizarre moments where my profile and links were not accessible and somehow the functions of the debate become slower--the loading of tabs, messages, and even reviews of arguments.

Needless to say, I'll be saving my arguments every now and then.:)
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2012 7:36:53 PM
For those that get logged out in the middle of typing something, you can just click back, and it should be there.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
nate.DDOqa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2012 1:20:22 PM
For any problems related to this or not please keep posting in the forums like you are doing but if you wouldn't mind posting the link to the thread on my ddo wall that would be great :) I would definitely not miss it that way.

Thanks!
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2012 12:46:14 PM
It's as if the problem has gotten worse. Now I'm logged out virtually every time I x out of the site