Total Posts:10|Showing Posts:1-10
Jump to topic:

What Is Copying-and-Pasting

Ron-Paul
Posts: 2,557
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2012 2:48:22 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
TUF recently voted on this debate (http://www.debate.org...) with the RFD of: "I was informed of copying and pasting. Thus remove my arguments vote, and vote pro even with the forfeit.

What is this copying and pasting? Is it plagarism?
Microsuck
Posts: 1,562
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2012 2:50:06 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/5/2012 2:48:22 PM, Ron-Paul wrote:
TUF recently voted on this debate (http://www.debate.org...) with the RFD of: "I was informed of copying and pasting. Thus remove my arguments vote, and vote pro even with the forfeit.

What is this copying and pasting? Is it plagarism?

Not necessarily plagarism. I copy paste from previous debates of mine and from word.
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
Ron-Paul
Posts: 2,557
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2012 2:51:47 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/5/2012 2:50:06 PM, Microsuck wrote:
At 7/5/2012 2:48:22 PM, Ron-Paul wrote:
TUF recently voted on this debate (http://www.debate.org...) with the RFD of: "I was informed of copying and pasting. Thus remove my arguments vote, and vote pro even with the forfeit.

What is this copying and pasting? Is it plagarism?

Not necessarily plagarism. I copy paste from previous debates of mine and from word.

But is it reason to tack off the conduct point?
Microsuck
Posts: 1,562
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2012 2:52:33 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/5/2012 2:51:47 PM, Ron-Paul wrote:
At 7/5/2012 2:50:06 PM, Microsuck wrote:
At 7/5/2012 2:48:22 PM, Ron-Paul wrote:
TUF recently voted on this debate (http://www.debate.org...) with the RFD of: "I was informed of copying and pasting. Thus remove my arguments vote, and vote pro even with the forfeit.

What is this copying and pasting? Is it plagarism?

Not necessarily plagarism. I copy paste from previous debates of mine and from word.

But is it reason to tack off the conduct point?

Depends. If I'm copying someone else's work, yes. If you are simply copying your own, no.
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
Ron-Paul
Posts: 2,557
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2012 2:53:08 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/5/2012 2:52:33 PM, Microsuck wrote:
At 7/5/2012 2:51:47 PM, Ron-Paul wrote:
At 7/5/2012 2:50:06 PM, Microsuck wrote:
At 7/5/2012 2:48:22 PM, Ron-Paul wrote:
TUF recently voted on this debate (http://www.debate.org...) with the RFD of: "I was informed of copying and pasting. Thus remove my arguments vote, and vote pro even with the forfeit.

What is this copying and pasting? Is it plagarism?

Not necessarily plagarism. I copy paste from previous debates of mine and from word.

But is it reason to tack off the conduct point?

Depends. If I'm copying someone else's work, yes. If you are simply copying your own, no.

Ok. I'll have to ask TUF about that.
Microsuck
Posts: 1,562
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2012 2:53:52 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/5/2012 2:53:08 PM, Ron-Paul wrote:
At 7/5/2012 2:52:33 PM, Microsuck wrote:
At 7/5/2012 2:51:47 PM, Ron-Paul wrote:
At 7/5/2012 2:50:06 PM, Microsuck wrote:
At 7/5/2012 2:48:22 PM, Ron-Paul wrote:
TUF recently voted on this debate (http://www.debate.org...) with the RFD of: "I was informed of copying and pasting. Thus remove my arguments vote, and vote pro even with the forfeit.

What is this copying and pasting? Is it plagarism?

Not necessarily plagarism. I copy paste from previous debates of mine and from word.

But is it reason to tack off the conduct point?

Depends. If I'm copying someone else's work, yes. If you are simply copying your own, no.

Ok. I'll have to ask TUF about that.

Yeah. I'm not sure what TUF means either.
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
wiploc
Posts: 1,485
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2012 1:07:23 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
In this case, it looks like plagiarism, and therefore definitely worth at least the conduct point.

Con's diction isn't that good, so, in a section where it looked suspiciously professional, I selected a distinctive bit ("atheist finds himself in the difficult position of denying all of those things that speak to God's existence") and Googled it. It appears to have been taken from other web sites without credit. Plagiarism.
1dustpelt
Posts: 1,970
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2012 10:00:40 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/8/2012 3:22:19 AM, FREEDO wrote:
Highlight > right click > copy > right click > paste

That is copypasta.

I use Highlight > Ctrl+C > Ctrl+V. Much quicker.
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2012 5:02:31 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/8/2012 10:00:40 AM, 1dustpelt wrote:
At 7/8/2012 3:22:19 AM, FREEDO wrote:
Highlight > right click > copy > right click > paste

That is copypasta.

I use Highlight > Ctrl+C > Ctrl+V. Much quicker.

Yeah, I know. Habit.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord