Total Posts:8|Showing Posts:1-8
Jump to topic:

Glitch Report

Rockylightning
Posts: 2,862
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2012 1:32:02 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
On the demographics page under "political parties" supposedly there are NO MEMBERS for any other parties except Ind. Party, Green Party, Undecided, and Amer. Ind. Party.
airmax1227
Posts: 13,241
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2012 1:47:34 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I saw this a couple days after the update and just figured that not enough members had changed the parties on their profiles yet, so the demo page hadn't adjusted for the new data. It would seem that it is indeed a glitch, as enough time has passed since the update. I'll let Juggle know and hopefully they will be able to fix it.
Debate.org Moderator
Rockylightning
Posts: 2,862
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2012 9:27:30 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/6/2012 1:47:34 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
I saw this a couple days after the update and just figured that not enough members had changed the parties on their profiles yet, so the demo page hadn't adjusted for the new data. It would seem that it is indeed a glitch, as enough time has passed since the update. I'll let Juggle know and hopefully they will be able to fix it.

Thanks.
TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2012 12:11:43 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
More Glitches. I was wondering if anyone else had these too:

1. When I spell check my debates, my spell checker automatically tries to fix words that I didn't even put into the debate. For example, no matter what, without fail it will always try to auto correct the word "Undefined", even though it was not even included in my debate argument! This is the first word it will do no matter what without fail.

2. When I copy and past things, they get meshed together. I first noticed this when I copied and pasted some dictionary definitions off of another website in my debate with KRF on vigilantism. But this also started happening elsewhere on the site. For example, I try to copy and past my vote counts in my mafia games so I can update them easier, and every time I copy and paste them, the words get all meshed together!

3. Rich text doesn't work. Sometimes when I try to type a message in rich text it won't work. Literally nothing will type. But when I change it back to normal text, suddenly it works again. This is kind of an odd phenomena that happens quite often.

At first I thought it was just my laptop, so I tried using different PC's/laptops, and the same thing happened on about 3 different computers. It may be a glitch in my account.

Can someone please see about fixing these? It is most annoying when they occur on my cell phone, as it can be rather difficult to edit things on that puny little device.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2012 1:43:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/8/2012 12:11:43 PM, TUF wrote:
More Glitches. I was wondering if anyone else had these too:

1. When I spell check my debates, my spell checker automatically tries to fix words that I didn't even put into the debate. For example, no matter what, without fail it will always try to auto correct the word "Undefined", even though it was not even included in my debate argument! This is the first word it will do no matter what without fail.

2. When I copy and past things, they get meshed together. I first noticed this when I copied and pasted some dictionary definitions off of another website in my debate with KRF on vigilantism. But this also started happening elsewhere on the site. For example, I try to copy and past my vote counts in my mafia games so I can update them easier, and every time I copy and paste them, the words get all meshed together!

3. Rich text doesn't work. Sometimes when I try to type a message in rich text it won't work. Literally nothing will type. But when I change it back to normal text, suddenly it works again. This is kind of an odd phenomena that happens quite often.


At first I thought it was just my laptop, so I tried using different PC's/laptops, and the same thing happened on about 3 different computers. It may be a glitch in my account.

Can someone please see about fixing these? It is most annoying when they occur on my cell phone, as it can be rather difficult to edit things on that puny little device.

4. Argument copied and pasted from an Open-Office document often end up with irregular spaces between each paragraph--despite my numerous efforts to correct them.

And then there's that large space after my arguments which appeared...for no good reason.:(
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2012 1:56:43 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/8/2012 1:43:53 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 7/8/2012 12:11:43 PM, TUF wrote:
More Glitches. I was wondering if anyone else had these too:

1. When I spell check my debates, my spell checker automatically tries to fix words that I didn't even put into the debate. For example, no matter what, without fail it will always try to auto correct the word "Undefined", even though it was not even included in my debate argument! This is the first word it will do no matter what without fail.

2. When I copy and past things, they get meshed together. I first noticed this when I copied and pasted some dictionary definitions off of another website in my debate with KRF on vigilantism. But this also started happening elsewhere on the site. For example, I try to copy and past my vote counts in my mafia games so I can update them easier, and every time I copy and paste them, the words get all meshed together!

3. Rich text doesn't work. Sometimes when I try to type a message in rich text it won't work. Literally nothing will type. But when I change it back to normal text, suddenly it works again. This is kind of an odd phenomena that happens quite often.


At first I thought it was just my laptop, so I tried using different PC's/laptops, and the same thing happened on about 3 different computers. It may be a glitch in my account.

Can someone please see about fixing these? It is most annoying when they occur on my cell phone, as it can be rather difficult to edit things on that puny little device.

4. Argument copied and pasted from an Open-Office document often end up with irregular spaces between each paragraph--despite my numerous efforts to correct them.

And then there's that large space after my arguments which appeared...for no good reason.:(

5. After pasting a source into an argument, everything is Hyperlinked after that! And Spell Check won't touch Hyperlinked material. I have found ways around this, but it can still be annoying to get sticky hyperlinks.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Double_R
Posts: 4,886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2012 2:45:24 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Anybody know what is going on with random words hyperlinked to random websites? I just took a look at my last debate and some of my words all of a sudden are hyperlinked to tumbleinto.com.
MyWoodenHeart
Posts: 1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2014 10:42:24 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I'm not sure if this is where I report bugs, but I've had a problem for a while now. In some opinion topics I can't press any buttons. If I try to post my opinion, comment on someone else's, etc., the button does nothing.