Jump to topic:

Sep/Oct NFL LD resolution?

SportsGuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2009 6:12:28 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Resolved: Public high school students in the United States ought not be required to pass standardized exit exams to graduate.
rougeagent21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2009 6:44:54 PM
they are all on nflonline.org
"I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country." -Gen. Patton
LOLCATS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2009 8:38:06 PM
Look up:

The Florida Comprehensive Assessment Test and it's success rate. See if those numbers can fit in with this resolution.

Same goes for Purdue OWLs and SATs and ACTs
"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."
- Mohandas Gandhi
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2009 12:22:06 AM
At 8/26/2009 8:38:06 PM, LOLCATS wrote:
Look up:

The Florida Comprehensive Assessment Test and it's success rate. See if those numbers can fit in with this resolution.

That's an argument for a specific test's validity, not answering whether testing should occur. Though if you wanted to argue in the context of what's out there I guess it's ok.

SAT at current is about as predicitive as the individuals grade scores. It really doesn't add much new.
Logical-Master
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2009 7:59:07 AM
Look up:

LOLCAtS, you might find this to be a random question, but how many languages do you speak? Just curious.
LOLCATS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2009 9:47:04 AM
At 8/27/2009 7:59:07 AM, Logical-Master wrote:
Look up:

LOLCAtS, you might find this to be a random question, but how many languages do you speak? Just curious.

I've heard this so many times now Logical-Master. I speak 4 languages. 3 fluently. 1 is kind of iffy. I speak English, Creole and Spanish fluently and the "iffy" is Russian.
"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."
- Mohandas Gandhi
SportsGuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2009 3:24:21 PM
Look up:

SAT/ACT tests do not matter; they just tell you your percentile. Even if you are in the 0 percentile, you did not fail. You just got the lowest score out of everyone in the nation. THus, they do not apply to the resolution.
Charlie_Danger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2009 9:54:51 PM
Heyyyyyyy, why don't we LURK MOAR and go on over to the "Education" and/or "Society" categories instead of wasting the main forum?!

Yeah! Let's do that instead of posting ANOTHER "I, like, don't know what to do on this LD rez!!!111!1!"
http://www.Debate.org...
^Latest Debate^

http://www.Debate.org...
word

http://www.debate.org...
lolwut^

http://www.myspace.com...
^Not music, but music^

Music Line of The Day:
"She burns like the sun, and I can't turn away"
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2009 4:33:00 AM
At 8/27/2009 9:54:51 PM, Charlie_Danger wrote:
Heyyyyyyy, why don't we LURK MOAR and go on over to the "Education" and/or "Society" categories instead of wasting the main forum?!

Yeah! Let's do that instead of posting ANOTHER "I, like, don't know what to do on this LD rez!!!111!1!"

Agreed.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.