Jump to topic:

Superscripts and Subscripts

Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2012 7:21:33 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
This may seem as a trivial question but how does one make a superscript or subscript when typing an argument, post, comment in a debate page, etc?
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Microsuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2012 7:44:22 PM
You can't. Feature request!
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2012 7:44:55 PM
At 7/11/2012 7:44:22 PM, Microsuck wrote:
You can't. Feature request!

Thanks for the answer. At least someone responded.:)

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Nur-Ab-Sal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2012 7:56:28 PM
At 7/11/2012 7:21:33 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
This may seem as a trivial question but how does one make a superscript or subscript when typing an argument, post, comment in a debate page, etc?

I use superscript all the time, for citations and such. I write it on Word and when I copy it into the DDO Rich Text Editor, it keeps the superscript.
Genesis I. And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2012 8:05:22 PM
At 7/11/2012 7:56:28 PM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:

I use superscript all the time, for citations and such. I write it on Word and when I copy it into the DDO Rich Text Editor, it keeps the superscript.

Apparently, it does not for mine, although that may possibly be due to the fact that I use footnotes, not superscripts or subscripts.

I may try that instead, though I'd prefer if there were a general mechanism on the site to allow me to write footnotes, but eh...

Nur-Ab-Sal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2012 12:12:09 AM
At 7/11/2012 8:05:22 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 7/11/2012 7:56:28 PM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:

Apparently, it does not for mine, although that may possibly be due to the fact that I use footnotes, not superscripts or subscripts.

I may try that instead, though I'd prefer if there were a general mechanism on the site to allow me to write footnotes, but eh...

I understand. I just use subscript. On Word for Mac, it's command+shift+plus, and I think its ctrl+shift+plus on Word for Windows. Repeat to get out of superscript.
Genesis I. And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.