Total Posts:23|Showing Posts:1-23
Jump to topic:

Identity confirmation

Dagolas
Posts: 81
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2012 2:25:07 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I was about to confirm my identity by phone number, when on the drop down country list I did not see France.

I live in France, obviously. Can I use Belgium?
Apollo.11
Posts: 3,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2012 2:29:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Also, why does it say "In order to keep Debate.org clean and fun, we require members to confirm their identity before using several features. These features include the debate voting system, debate tournaments, and blogs."

Voting part is true.
Site-run tournaments don't even exist.
And if by "blogs" they mean "forums," that's not actually true.
Sapere Aude!
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2012 2:34:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Commie.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Apollo.11
Posts: 3,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2012 2:36:27 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/14/2012 2:33:09 PM, Dagolas wrote:
If I may permit myself to say so, that is not really the subject of the topic at hand.
You are not allowed to say so...you can't just openly voice your opinion on DDO. That's ridiculous.

And if Identity confirmation is the subject, why yes, yes it is.
Sapere Aude!
Dagolas
Posts: 81
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2012 2:37:41 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/14/2012 2:34:37 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Commie.

I will assume you mean to say "Communist".

I'm more of a Socialist...

But shall we please return to the subject at hand?
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2012 2:40:05 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/14/2012 2:37:41 PM, Dagolas wrote:
At 7/14/2012 2:34:37 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Commie.

I will assume you mean to say "Communist".

I'm more of a Socialist...

But shall we please return to the subject at hand?

Totally dude. Collective ownership over some stuff is soooo much better than collective ownership over a lot of stuff.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Dagolas
Posts: 81
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2012 2:42:12 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/14/2012 2:40:05 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 7/14/2012 2:37:41 PM, Dagolas wrote:
At 7/14/2012 2:34:37 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Commie.

I will assume you mean to say "Communist".

I'm more of a Socialist...

But shall we please return to the subject at hand?

Totally dude. Collective ownership over some stuff is soooo much better than collective ownership over a lot of stuff.

I never intended this to be a political debate, just a question so that I could vote.
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2012 2:45:30 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/14/2012 2:42:12 PM, Dagolas wrote:
At 7/14/2012 2:40:05 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 7/14/2012 2:37:41 PM, Dagolas wrote:
At 7/14/2012 2:34:37 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Commie.

I will assume you mean to say "Communist".

I'm more of a Socialist...

But shall we please return to the subject at hand?

Totally dude. Collective ownership over some stuff is soooo much better than collective ownership over a lot of stuff.

I never intended this to be a political debate, just a question so that I could vote.

That's not how things work around here.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Dagolas
Posts: 81
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2012 2:47:33 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/14/2012 2:45:30 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 7/14/2012 2:42:12 PM, Dagolas wrote:
At 7/14/2012 2:40:05 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 7/14/2012 2:37:41 PM, Dagolas wrote:
At 7/14/2012 2:34:37 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Commie.

I will assume you mean to say "Communist".

I'm more of a Socialist...

But shall we please return to the subject at hand?

Totally dude. Collective ownership over some stuff is soooo much better than collective ownership over a lot of stuff.

I never intended this to be a political debate, just a question so that I could vote.

That's not how things work around here.

I hardly see why you call me a communist when I ask a simple question.
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2012 2:52:16 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Are you sure that you arent a multiple of 000Royal?

The lack of lightness and humor recognition is very similar.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Apollo.11
Posts: 3,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2012 3:00:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
You can't vote until you have completed three debates, anyway. Plenty of time for one of the few people who know the answer or are capable of getting the answer to get back to you.

I would suggest PM'ing a user named "innomen" and/or "airmax1227" about it.
Sapere Aude!
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2012 3:01:50 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/14/2012 2:45:30 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 7/14/2012 2:42:12 PM, Dagolas wrote:
At 7/14/2012 2:40:05 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 7/14/2012 2:37:41 PM, Dagolas wrote:
At 7/14/2012 2:34:37 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Commie.

I will assume you mean to say "Communist".

I'm more of a Socialist...

But shall we please return to the subject at hand?

Totally dude. Collective ownership over some stuff is soooo much better than collective ownership over a lot of stuff.

I never intended this to be a political debate, just a question so that I could vote.

That's not how things work around here.

Because of arseholes like you.

Back to the matter at hand, Message this user:http://www.debate.org...
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2012 3:02:18 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/14/2012 3:01:22 PM, Dagolas wrote:
When you say "completed", does that involve winning it or not?

No.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Apollo.11
Posts: 3,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2012 3:04:01 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/14/2012 3:01:22 PM, Dagolas wrote:
When you say "completed", does that involve winning it or not?

Nope. You have 2 done. Once the last argument of the one with western is submitted, it will go into voting period. I think that is what "completed" means. It might mean once the voting period is over, but I don't think so. You can lose all three and still get voting powers. And don't get discouraged by that ether. I lost 3 of my first 4 debates.
Sapere Aude!
Kinesis
Posts: 3,667
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2012 3:30:41 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I remember having to get someone else on the site (darkkermit possibly?) to confirm my account because it wouldn't accept mobile numbers with the number of digits that UK numbers do. Dunno if that's still a problem.
SarcasticIndeed
Posts: 2,215
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2012 4:50:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/14/2012 3:30:41 PM, Kinesis wrote:
I remember having to get someone else on the site (darkkermit possibly?) to confirm my account because it wouldn't accept mobile numbers with the number of digits that UK numbers do. Dunno if that's still a problem.

I think it's innomen that does that. I also had that problem, so I had to use my friend's number from the USA.
<SIGNATURE CENSORED> nac
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2012 5:29:10 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/14/2012 5:11:34 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 7/14/2012 2:54:57 PM, Dagolas wrote:
I have a sense of humour, but not when my question gets drowned in talk about politics.

Welcome to DDO.

^
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2012 7:33:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/14/2012 2:25:07 PM, Dagolas wrote:
I was about to confirm my identity by phone number, when on the drop down country list I did not see France.

I live in France, obviously. Can I use Belgium?

If this has not been answered yet, shot a PM to Airmax. He is the elected president and may be able to get this taken care of for you (no promises, but if anyone can, he can).
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
airmax1227
Posts: 13,241
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2012 3:42:44 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Welcome to DDO Dagolas.

Once you have completed 3 debates get in touch with me by PM and I'll do what I can to help you out.
Debate.org Moderator