Jump to topic:

College Level MUN

MrBrooks
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2012 1:55:42 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
So the college I'm going to doesn't have a Model United Nations organization. I decided to start one up myself, and will be using a ten year old constitution. I've never really been in charge of club before, so does anyone have any advice or tips for me? Furthermore, has anyone here ever participated in MUN at the college level before? I've done it at the HS level and had a blast.
Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2012 11:22:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/15/2012 1:55:42 PM, MrBrooks wrote:
So the college I'm going to doesn't have a Model United Nations organization. I decided to start one up myself, and will be using a ten year old constitution. I've never really been in charge of club before, so does anyone have any advice or tips for me? Furthermore, has anyone here ever participated in MUN at the college level before? I've done it at the HS level and had a blast.

I didn't have it at the high school level. I started in the first year. It's addicting. From what I've heard, the only difference from the high school MUN's is the level of debate in a college MUN and the backstage d!ck- measuring.

I would suggest attending a college level MUN before organizing one. Do you have University MUN's, or can you attend the MUN's of other colleges? That would help.