Total Posts:21|Showing Posts:1-21
Jump to topic:

OFFICIAL: New Debate.org Blog

SObszanski
Posts: 102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2012 4:33:54 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Hello, DDOers! I wanted to introduce you to a quick-win update made to the community today. Please take a moment to check out the official Debate.org blog here: http://blog.debate.org.... The link to the blog is located in the upper-right corner of the site.

The blog has been active on Juggle.com for several years and receives over 7,500 visitors a week. We wanted to move this blog to Debate.org because we value your opinion on controversial topics in the news. Alex (http://www.debate.org...) will be writing this weekly feature to include more controversial, trending topics in the news, including: politics, religion, and more!

You can openly leave comments on the Debate.org blog with your Facebook account as well, so whether you agree with her or disagree (and want to tell her all the reasons why her opinion is wrong), you will have an avenue to do so! You will also have the capability to share the blog on social media avenues and invite your friends to engage Alex in discussions.

Best,
Suzanne
Microsuck
Posts: 1,562
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2012 4:35:09 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Thank you! I just now noticed that actually. It looks great and was about to make a topic.

Question: Can DDO users post to the blogs?
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
Stephen_Hawkins
Posts: 5,316
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2012 4:36:41 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Will this be on the site's development?
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
Stephen_Hawkins
Posts: 5,316
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2012 4:39:43 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
And 1) Outmuscled :P and 2) Can someone explain to me how this is a debate.org bonus? I'm a bit confused... it seems to be random stuff by a blogger - which is albeit similar to before, but it seems to be lacking some stuff. Like "debate.org" anywhere other than the top-left corner of the screen.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2012 4:56:50 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Who's the blogger? I don't recognize the screen name of the guy.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Stephen_Hawkins
Posts: 5,316
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2012 5:05:55 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/17/2012 4:56:50 PM, socialpinko wrote:
Who's the blogger? I don't recognize the screen name of the guy.

Some random guy, essentially, who was doing a blog ages ago.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
airmax1227
Posts: 13,245
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2012 5:11:16 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/17/2012 4:56:50 PM, socialpinko wrote:
Who's the blogger? I don't recognize the screen name of the guy.

Alex Chrum

http://www.debate.org...
Debate.org Moderator
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2012 10:20:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Is there anyway that the blog can be connected with the site more directly?
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2012 10:20:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/17/2012 10:20:35 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
Is there anyway that the blog can be connected with the site more directly?

wait, just saw the link in the upper right hand corner.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
chrumbelievable
Posts: 210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2012 10:37:32 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/17/2012 5:05:55 PM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:
At 7/17/2012 4:56:50 PM, socialpinko wrote:
Who's the blogger? I don't recognize the screen name of the guy.

Some random guy, essentially, who was doing a blog ages ago.

Well, I guess I need to officially (re)introduce myself!

Hey, guys!

As Suzanne pointed out, I have been writing this blog since I started for the company 9 months ago. We at Juggle soon realized that it no longer fit on our Juggle.com corporate website, both due to our refined mission as a company and my own controversial viewpoints and opinions. Therefore, we have been trying to find a new home for my beloved blog (At first they wanted to take it away from me altogether...I said 'Nay!').

We decided that DDO would be the best place for the blog to go, due to my own involvement on the site in running the social media pages, engaging with users, posting in the forums, etc., and my own outspoken nature. ;)

The posts you see now, which were written for the Juggle.com corporate site, are much different than what I hope to begin writing for the new and improved DDP blog. Upcoming posts will seem less "random," concentrating on hot topics that you are debating about and exciting things going on in the realms of politics, religion, society, etc. My vision is that I will now be able to espouse my own personal opinions, and engage in debates with you via the blog comments. Feel free to find holes in my arguments and call me out when I'm being a one-sided ninny... These discussions are the type of stuff I live for! So...

At 7/16/2012 4:39:43 PM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:
And 1) Outmuscled :P and 2) Can someone explain to me how this is a debate.org bonus? I'm a bit confused... it seems to be random stuff by a blogger - which is albeit similar to before, but it seems to be lacking some stuff. Like "debate.org" anywhere other than the top-left corner of the screen.

For those of you wondering how this is a "bonus" for DDO, I guess it really only is if you enjoy reading controversial articles and then engaging in debates about them. Which, I would assume, almost all of you do. Rest assured that my posts will not seem as "random" as before, and that I look forward to engaging you all in some lively discussions and debates! :D

I'm planning my first post for tomorrow, so check it out and give me hell!
I'm greatly looking forward to your feedback!

Alex
1dustpelt
Posts: 1,970
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2012 3:25:39 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
The Liberal Media now reaches DDO. lol just kidding, but the articles do seem pretty biased.
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2012 1:36:31 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
This sticky isn't needed now with the button up there...
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
chrumbelievable
Posts: 210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2012 9:08:01 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/27/2012 3:25:39 PM, 1dustpelt wrote:
The Liberal Media now reaches DDO. lol just kidding, but the articles do seem pretty biased.

Hahaha :)

Don't worry, guys... I know you more "conservative" members are getting a little tired of ONLY hearing my liberal viewpoints. That is why, if all goes according to plan, we are going to start having ConservativePolitico (http://www.debate.org...) do some guest posting! That way, you can hear personal opinions on BOTH sides of these major issues.

Stay tuned for an official announcement!
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2012 9:19:56 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/30/2012 9:08:01 AM, chrumbelievable wrote:
At 7/27/2012 3:25:39 PM, 1dustpelt wrote:
The Liberal Media now reaches DDO. lol just kidding, but the articles do seem pretty biased.

Hahaha :)

Don't worry, guys... I know you more "conservative" members are getting a little tired of ONLY hearing my liberal viewpoints. That is why, if all goes according to plan, we are going to start having ConservativePolitico (http://www.debate.org...) do some guest posting! That way, you can hear personal opinions on BOTH sides of these major issues.

Stay tuned for an official announcement!

Too moderate
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
chrumbelievable
Posts: 210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2012 9:36:33 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/30/2012 9:19:56 AM, 16kadams wrote:
At 7/30/2012 9:08:01 AM, chrumbelievable wrote:
At 7/27/2012 3:25:39 PM, 1dustpelt wrote:
The Liberal Media now reaches DDO. lol just kidding, but the articles do seem pretty biased.

Hahaha :)

Don't worry, guys... I know you more "conservative" members are getting a little tired of ONLY hearing my liberal viewpoints. That is why, if all goes according to plan, we are going to start having ConservativePolitico (http://www.debate.org...) do some guest posting! That way, you can hear personal opinions on BOTH sides of these major issues.

Stay tuned for an official announcement!

Too moderate

Having both sides represented is too moderate? Or ConservativePolitico is too moderate?
LaissezFaire
Posts: 2,050
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2012 9:44:00 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
"Both" sides? There are more libertarians here than either liberals or conservatives.
Should we subsidize education?
http://www.debate.org...

http://mises.org...

http://lewrockwell.com...

http://antiwar.com...

: At 6/22/2011 6:57:23 PM, el-badgero wrote:
: i didn't like [Obama]. he was the only black dude in moneygall yet he claimed to be home. obvious liar is obvious liar. i bet him and bin laden are bumfvcking right now.
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2012 12:19:16 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/30/2012 9:36:33 AM, chrumbelievable wrote:
At 7/30/2012 9:19:56 AM, 16kadams wrote:
At 7/30/2012 9:08:01 AM, chrumbelievable wrote:
At 7/27/2012 3:25:39 PM, 1dustpelt wrote:
The Liberal Media now reaches DDO. lol just kidding, but the articles do seem pretty biased.

Hahaha :)

Don't worry, guys... I know you more "conservative" members are getting a little tired of ONLY hearing my liberal viewpoints. That is why, if all goes according to plan, we are going to start having ConservativePolitico (http://www.debate.org...) do some guest posting! That way, you can hear personal opinions on BOTH sides of these major issues.

Stay tuned for an official announcement!

Too moderate

Having both sides represented is too moderate? Or ConservativePolitico is too moderate?

I was kidding.

CP is fine... Usually.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
1dustpelt
Posts: 1,970
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2012 5:39:55 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/16/2012 5:28:30 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
And look where that got us.

?
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.
1dustpelt
Posts: 1,970
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2012 5:40:24 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
What about the old blog? It is losing views now :(

www.debateorg.BlogSpot.com
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.