Jump to topic:

Confirming my account

Stevethewriter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2012 1:55:14 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I can't confirm my account to let me vote and stuff.

I put in my mobile phone number, and it sends me a text message that says: Debate.org alerts<Code.

But there is no message! Its blank and just says "code".

I tried sending it to someone elses phone. I got back "gs997u".

I typed that it, and the thing says: Invalid code.

IT refused to work!!!! I tried all variations of capitilizations, and everything, yet the thing won't work. How can I get around this?
1dustpelt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2012 8:06:26 PM
PM airmax about the problem.
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2012 8:07:25 PM
Stevethewriter, you could have PMed any of your friends, Airmax, or waited for a response before deactivating your account.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
nate.DDOqa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2012 9:13:45 AM
At 7/19/2012 1:55:14 PM, Stevethewriter wrote:

I put in my mobile phone number, and it sends me a text message that says: Debate.org alerts<Code.

IT refused to work!!!! I tried all variations of capitilizations, and everything, yet the thing won't work. How can I get around this?

It looks like Stevethewriter deactivated his account.

If anyone has any problems like this, in the future, write on my wall and I can very easily solve this problem for you.

An additional reminder- you do not need to confirm your phone number to vote, debate or participate in the site anymore than someone that does. This may change in the future but as of now that is not the case. Voting is only contingent on participating in 3 debates which only requires you to confirm your email.
nate54321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2012 5:05:38 PM
At 7/23/2012 9:13:45 AM, nate.juggleqa wrote:
At 7/19/2012 1:55:14 PM, Stevethewriter wrote:

It looks like Stevethewriter deactivated his account.

If anyone has any problems like this, in the future, write on my wall and I can very easily solve this problem for you.

An additional reminder- you do not need to confirm your phone number to vote, debate or participate in the site anymore than someone that does. This may change in the future but as of now that is not the case. Voting is only contingent on participating in 3 debates which only requires you to confirm your email.

I made a false statement and would like to apologize. It seems voting on a debate requires a phone number entered and 3 debates participated in. I am used to testing DDO in the development environment where I don't believe that is currently a requirement.

If any of you have any issues with this issue feel free to contact me and I will be able to check the database to help you out.

Nate
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2012 8:32:19 PM
At 7/27/2012 8:25:20 PM, Stevethewriter wrote:
Still not working. Who is airmax?

http://www.debate.org...
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Add Post
Forum Moderator

7/30/2012 9:19:56 AM

I never activated your account since you never contacted me...
nate.DDOqa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2012 9:20:38 AM
At 7/30/2012 9:19:56 AM, Forum Moderator wrote:

I never activated your account since you never contacted me...

^That was me