Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2012 12:08:54 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
IT HAS REACHED DDO!

nac

http://blog.debate.org...
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Microsuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2012 12:11:37 PM
LOL!! n
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2012 12:12:44 PM
"Henson Muppets Boycott Homo-Hating Chick-fil-A"

Seriously? And here I was thinking that a feminist could write objective articles.....OH THE IRONY!
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2012 12:14:05 PM
At 7/25/2012 12:12:44 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

Seriously? And here I was thinking that a feminist could write objective articles.....OH THE IRONY!

This is not a Democrat or a Republican issue. This is an isolate incident and the
people involved happen to be a bunch of overzealous Liberals who enforce
their beliefs on others.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2012 12:14:14 PM

you do realize that alex chum writes these articles. Look at her profile. She's a left-wing feminist anarchist.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2012 12:14:50 PM
At 7/25/2012 12:14:14 PM, darkkermit wrote:

you do realize that alex chum writes these articles. Look at her profile. She's a left-wing feminist anarchist.

I meant alex chrum not alex chum.
Open borders debate:
Microsuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2012 12:15:25 PM

"I learned about Chick-fil-A's freakishly backward ways several years ago, while in college, and have actively boycotted their products ever since. In addition to being unapologetically homophobic, they also endorse what author Jessica Valenti calls "the purity myth," or "the lie that virginity exists, and that it has some bearing on who we are and how good we are." Sticking to their conservative Christian guns, the fast food chain at one time sponsored "chastity cards," or cards that young people sign pledging their virginity until marriage. Teens could receive a free soda by showing these cards at any Chick-fil-A restaurant."

LOL
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2012 12:16:06 PM

Yes...it was sarcasm. I assumed that a sole writer could at least keep some objective integrity; if there were numerous authors, then being opinionated would be fine. However, with a "monopoly" on writing, this is short of detestable.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2012 12:16:10 PM

So. This is a non issue. The Liberals are not the ones advocating that Conservative small business should cater to gays. This is once again, and isolated incident.
We really could care less about this external one sided issue...............
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2012 12:17:38 PM
At 7/25/2012 12:14:05 PM, inferno wrote:

This is not a Democrat or a Republican issue. This is an isolate incident and the
people involved happen to be a bunch of overzealous Liberals who enforce
their beliefs on others.

I never said that this was a Democrat or Republican issue. Instead, it is an issue of writer integrity.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2012 12:17:59 PM
They really need to relax about the chick fil a thing. The guy is around 90 years old, it makes sense that he would be more socially conservative than most. The sad thing is, this man contributed far more to the country than these "activists" ever will, serving honorably in WWII and building a huge company that makes great chicken. Oh, but he also doesnt support gay marriage (ike 45-50% of the countries population) so lets boycott him.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2012 12:20:29 PM
At 7/25/2012 12:17:59 PM, thett3 wrote:
They really need to relax about the chick fil a thing. The guy is around 90 years old, it makes sense that he would be more socially conservative than most. The sad thing is, this man contributed far more to the country than these "activists" ever will, serving honorably in WWII and building a huge company that makes great chicken. Oh, but he also doesnt support gay marriage (ike 45-50% of the countries population) so lets boycott him.

Remember, free speech only exists if it supports your position- otherwise it is a barbaric medieval act that should be persecuted to the highest degree and is the sole epitome of backwardness that this country is facing.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2012 12:21:47 PM
At 7/25/2012 12:16:06 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

Yes...it was sarcasm. I assumed that a sole writer could at least keep some objective integrity; if there were numerous authors, then being opinionated would be fine. However, with a "monopoly" on writing, this is short of detestable.

I agree with you. Although I'm honestly not that surprised. She is a juggle employee so I suppose we could just complain to her boss.
Open borders debate:
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2012 12:24:16 PM
At 7/25/2012 12:20:29 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

Remember, free speech only exists if it supports your position- otherwise it is a barbaric medieval act that should be persecuted to the highest degree and is the sole epitome of backwardness that this country is facing.

Right, of course.

Its not like he said something like "homosexuals will not be served in my restaurants" he just holds the same position you can expect the vast majority of 90 year old dudes to. I just hate when people judge others by issues like this. Hey "activists", this man was fighting the fascists when he was your age, what are you doing?
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2012 12:24:21 PM
At 7/25/2012 12:21:47 PM, darkkermit wrote:

I agree with you. Although I'm honestly not that surprised. She is a juggle employee so I suppose we could just complain to her boss.

Feminist or not, this is an isolated issue. And why do people always assume that a feminist is a Liberal to begin with.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2012 12:25:09 PM
At 7/25/2012 12:24:16 PM, thett3 wrote:

Right, of course.

Its not like he said something like "homosexuals will not be served in my restaurants" he just holds the same position you can expect the vast majority of 90 year old dudes to. I just hate when people judge others by issues like this. Hey "activists", this man was fighting the fascists when he was your age, what are you doing?

Oh, actually I was incorrect. The guy who said those things isnt the founder of chick fil a, so he isnt nearly as old. But...still.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2012 12:28:24 PM
At 7/25/2012 12:25:09 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 7/25/2012 12:24:16 PM, thett3 wrote:

Right, of course.

Oh, actually I was incorrect. The guy who said those things isnt the founder of chick fil a, so he isnt nearly as old. But...still.

Chick Fil A is also closed on Sundays. =)
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2012 12:32:58 PM
At 7/25/2012 12:24:21 PM, inferno wrote:

Feminist or not, this is an isolated issue. And why do people always assume that a feminist is a Liberal to begin with.

I don't, but in this case she was (or is).
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2012 12:38:27 PM
At 7/25/2012 12:32:58 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 7/25/2012 12:24:21 PM, inferno wrote:

I don't, but in this case she was (or is).

You Conservatives are afraid of the big bad Liberal media.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2012 1:03:44 PM
At 7/25/2012 12:56:34 PM, drafterman wrote:
I think this is totally absurd...

...DDO has a blog?!

What's absurd is that you take pride in acting a fool in the midst of intellectual sincerity.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2012 1:06:12 PM
At 7/25/2012 1:03:44 PM, inferno wrote:

...DDO has a blog?!

What's absurd is that you take pride in acting a fool in the midst of intellectual sincerity.

So you can deem what is intellectual sincerity in the face of some truth, eh? ;)
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2012 1:07:19 PM
At 7/25/2012 1:06:12 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

...DDO has a blog?!

So you can deem what is intellectual sincerity in the face of some truth, eh? ;)

I do not look to people like you for intellectual approval.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2012 1:09:06 PM
At 7/25/2012 1:07:19 PM, inferno wrote:

...DDO has a blog?!

And why is that??

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2012 1:25:17 PM
At 7/25/2012 1:09:06 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

...DDO has a blog?!

And why is that??

Because people in a higher position of power than you hold more credibility.
How can you speak about things unknown to you.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2012 1:28:29 PM
At 7/25/2012 1:25:17 PM, inferno wrote:

...DDO has a blog?!

And why is that??

So you imply that you know of...[_________]?

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2012 1:31:25 PM
At 7/25/2012 1:28:29 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 7/25/2012 1:25:17 PM, inferno wrote:

...DDO has a blog?!

And why is that??

So you imply that you know of...[_________]?

I often times have conversations with politicians, philosophers, veterans, etc.
So I get a lot of legitimate information from quality people.
But because you are an Atheist, I cannot take that part of what you say
with sincerity.
Microsuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2012 2:24:37 PM

LOL fail!
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD

16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2012 4:18:22 PM
JT predicted this...
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2012 4:18:57 PM

...DDO has a blog?!

Two, actually
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross