Total Posts:48|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

troll investigation?

DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2009 7:13:14 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/1/2009 4:08:44 AM, LB628 wrote:
By going to the profile you want to report and clicking "report this profile".

Thanks.
The Cross.. the Cross.
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2009 9:43:35 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/1/2009 9:08:08 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
You do realise your suspicions about me, JCMT and AF won't get you anywhere.

Yeah, coz you were REAL clever about the Mrs Datcmoto account right?
Better have a little tidy up quicktime.. chop chop!
The Cross.. the Cross.
PoeJoe
Posts: 3,822
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2009 9:46:01 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/1/2009 9:43:35 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 9/1/2009 9:08:08 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
You do realise your suspicions about me, JCMT and AF won't get you anywhere.

Yeah, coz you were REAL clever about the Mrs Datcmoto account right?
Better have a little tidy up quicktime.. chop chop!

Are you still sore over that? I mean, I was with you on that one. Panda crossed the line. But come on. That was months ago. Leave matters be. Panda obviously no longer has alternate accounts. He has learned his lesson.
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2009 9:53:39 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/1/2009 9:46:01 AM, PoeJoe wrote:
At 9/1/2009 9:43:35 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 9/1/2009 9:08:08 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
You do realise your suspicions about me, JCMT and AF won't get you anywhere.

Yeah, coz you were REAL clever about the Mrs Datcmoto account right?
Better have a little tidy up quicktime.. chop chop!

Are you still sore over that? I mean, I was with you on that one. Panda crossed the line. But come on. That was months ago. Leave matters be. Panda obviously no longer has alternate accounts. He has learned his lesson.

Obviously? then why is he fretting so?
If he has no puppet accounts he has nothing to fear..
And this is all IF it is him I'm targeting.. IF.
The Cross.. the Cross.
burningpuppies101
Posts: 1,268
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2009 10:50:50 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
This is the first time I've spoken on this matter, and quite honestly, DACT has full right to report people he thinks are puppet accounts.Sure, it might be an outrageous claim, but he still has that right as a member on the site.

If whoever he's reporting is clean, then they have nothing to worry about, since i'm pretty sure phil doesn't just ban based on anyone reporting them.

If whoever he's reporting isn't clean, then there was a valid reason to report them.

SO I don't get what all the fuss is about.
Omnes te moriturum amant 

http://www.debate.org...
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2009 11:01:59 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/1/2009 10:50:50 AM, burningpuppies101 wrote:
This is the first time I've spoken on this matter, and quite honestly, DACT has full right to report people he thinks are puppet accounts.Sure, it might be an outrageous claim, but he still has that right as a member on the site.

If whoever he's reporting is clean, then they have nothing to worry about, since i'm pretty sure phil doesn't just ban based on anyone reporting them.

If whoever he's reporting isn't clean, then there was a valid reason to report them.

SO I don't get what all the fuss is about.

True I suppose. But when Phil comes up with the negative result, Datc shouldn't accuse anyone he reported of this. I can provide proof I exist, as can many other members I'm sure.

I'm not saying we should strip him of his right to report members, I'm just challenging his theory behind it.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Kleptin
Posts: 5,095
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2009 11:09:19 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
The issue isn't about anything you mentioned, BP. This is clearly yet another cry for attention. Some passive-aggressive show of attitude by the troll. This entire topic is a complete waste of time because every participant here, including the troll himself, knows that nothing he complains about will be resolved.
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
burningpuppies101
Posts: 1,268
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2009 11:17:11 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/1/2009 11:09:19 AM, Kleptin wrote:
The issue isn't about anything you mentioned, BP. This is clearly yet another cry for attention. Some passive-aggressive show of attitude by the troll. This entire topic is a complete waste of time because every participant here, including the troll himself, knows that nothing he complains about will be resolved.

Look, I realize that it could be another cry for attention. But you do also realize that this topic could be useful for other people, not just DACT. And even if nothing he complains about will be resolved, he still can complain, can't he?
Omnes te moriturum amant 

http://www.debate.org...
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2009 11:19:46 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/1/2009 11:09:19 AM, Kleptin wrote:
The issue isn't about anything you mentioned, BP. This is clearly yet another cry for attention. Some passive-aggressive show of attitude by the troll. This entire topic is a complete waste of time because every participant here, including the troll himself, knows that nothing he complains about will be resolved.

Unless I'm right about a certain account of course. Then we'll be losing someone.
The Cross.. the Cross.
Kleptin
Posts: 5,095
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2009 11:58:08 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/1/2009 11:17:11 AM, burningpuppies101 wrote:
At 9/1/2009 11:09:19 AM, Kleptin wrote:
The issue isn't about anything you mentioned, BP. This is clearly yet another cry for attention. Some passive-aggressive show of attitude by the troll. This entire topic is a complete waste of time because every participant here, including the troll himself, knows that nothing he complains about will be resolved.

Look, I realize that it could be another cry for attention. But you do also realize that this topic could be useful for other people, not just DACT. And even if nothing he complains about will be resolved, he still can complain, can't he?

BP, I understand that you're trying to take a neutral position, but there is nothing worth defending here. If anything, the only people who I trust to report puppet accounts are the people who already know how to report puppet accounts.

There's no question about it, this *is* another cry for attention. I see this topic doing more harm than good. You don't go about reporting accounts willy-nilly as per the troll. If someone is using this thread to learn how to report accounts, they will also pick up from the troll what it means to suspect.

If anything, a topic like this should be tagged with a way to identify puppet accounts, and a general disclaimer against reporting accounts just because your feelings were hurt and you feel like you need to "tattle" just to feel better about yourself.
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
JBlake
Posts: 4,634
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2009 12:05:06 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
DatC is obviously just trying to get a rise out of Kleptin and others. It worked.

If he is doing it for fun, he is lame. If he actually believes it then he is delusional.
Kleptin
Posts: 5,095
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2009 12:38:14 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/1/2009 12:05:06 PM, JBlake wrote:
DatC is obviously just trying to get a rise out of Kleptin and others. It worked.

If he is doing it for fun, he is lame. If he actually believes it then he is delusional.

Well that's basically what his role is on DDO. Even I've come to terms with the fact that people don't want him to leave.

Female escorts who wish to attract clients tend to dress in a provocative way.

The troll does similar things for similar reasons.
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2009 12:44:46 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Datc is only doing this to make us think he's telling the mod on us. For nothing. He's provoking us to acknowledge his existence here since we stopped doing so in the Religion forum.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2009 1:08:43 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/1/2009 12:44:46 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
Datc is only doing this to make us think he's telling the mod on us. For nothing. He's provoking us to acknowledge his existence here since we stopped doing so in the Religion forum.

OR.. I suspect someone of being a puppet account and I honestly didn't know how to go about reporting it and now I do AND HAVE..

As Lwerd pointed out to Kleptin a few weeks ago: it is HE that generates MOST of the (unwanted) attention directed at me.. not too bright is he?
The Cross.. the Cross.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2009 1:18:56 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/1/2009 1:08:43 PM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 9/1/2009 12:44:46 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
Datc is only doing this to make us think he's telling the mod on us. For nothing. He's provoking us to acknowledge his existence here since we stopped doing so in the Religion forum.

OR.. I suspect someone of being a puppet account and I honestly didn't know how to go about reporting it and now I do AND HAVE..

As Lwerd pointed out to Kleptin a few weeks ago: it is HE that generates MOST of the (unwanted) attention directed at me.. not too bright is he?

It's obvious you've done this before. You're hoping to make the forums your little playground. You found a comfy little spot where you can laugh at our responses and come back with tripe. A place where the mods only handle with serious-ish issues.

If we don't talk to you, you get desperate. You over extend your egoistic manners to all the forums, such a society and Debate.org.

I really doubt you're actually as a devout Christian as you are. You can quote scripture. Anyone can do that. You have far too much time on your hands to be doing this for real.

Become a preacher, a priest. Whatever. Save some damned souls in your locality. I'm done with you anyway.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2009 1:46:48 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/1/2009 1:18:56 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 9/1/2009 1:08:43 PM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 9/1/2009 12:44:46 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
Datc is only doing this to make us think he's telling the mod on us. For nothing. He's provoking us to acknowledge his existence here since we stopped doing so in the Religion forum.

OR.. I suspect someone of being a puppet account and I honestly didn't know how to go about reporting it and now I do AND HAVE..

As Lwerd pointed out to Kleptin a few weeks ago: it is HE that generates MOST of the (unwanted) attention directed at me.. not too bright is he?

It's obvious you've done this before. You're hoping to make the forums your little playground. You found a comfy little spot where you can laugh at our responses and come back with tripe. A place where the mods only handle with serious-ish issues.

If we don't talk to you, you get desperate. You over extend your egoistic manners to all the forums, such a society and Debate.org.

I really doubt you're actually as a devout Christian as you are. You can quote scripture. Anyone can do that. You have far too much time on your hands to be doing this for real.

Become a preacher, a priest. Whatever. Save some damned souls in your locality. I'm done with you anyway.

By Panda! we'll all miss you! byyyeee! *sigh*
The Cross.. the Cross.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2009 1:49:23 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/1/2009 1:46:48 PM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 9/1/2009 1:18:56 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 9/1/2009 1:08:43 PM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 9/1/2009 12:44:46 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
Datc is only doing this to make us think he's telling the mod on us. For nothing. He's provoking us to acknowledge his existence here since we stopped doing so in the Religion forum.

OR.. I suspect someone of being a puppet account and I honestly didn't know how to go about reporting it and now I do AND HAVE..

As Lwerd pointed out to Kleptin a few weeks ago: it is HE that generates MOST of the (unwanted) attention directed at me.. not too bright is he?

It's obvious you've done this before. You're hoping to make the forums your little playground. You found a comfy little spot where you can laugh at our responses and come back with tripe. A place where the mods only handle with serious-ish issues.

If we don't talk to you, you get desperate. You over extend your egoistic manners to all the forums, such a society and Debate.org.

I really doubt you're actually as a devout Christian as you are. You can quote scripture. Anyone can do that. You have far too much time on your hands to be doing this for real.

Become a preacher, a priest. Whatever. Save some damned souls in your locality. I'm done with you anyway.

By Panda! we'll all miss you! byyyeee! *sigh*

Done with you, Daniel Blowes. I have no intention of giving DDO up, rather, I want DDO to give up on you.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2009 2:12:46 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/1/2009 1:49:23 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 9/1/2009 1:46:48 PM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 9/1/2009 1:18:56 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 9/1/2009 1:08:43 PM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 9/1/2009 12:44:46 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
Datc is only doing this to make us think he's telling the mod on us. For nothing. He's provoking us to acknowledge his existence here since we stopped doing so in the Religion forum.

OR.. I suspect someone of being a puppet account and I honestly didn't know how to go about reporting it and now I do AND HAVE..

As Lwerd pointed out to Kleptin a few weeks ago: it is HE that generates MOST of the (unwanted) attention directed at me.. not too bright is he?

It's obvious you've done this before. You're hoping to make the forums your little playground. You found a comfy little spot where you can laugh at our responses and come back with tripe. A place where the mods only handle with serious-ish issues.

If we don't talk to you, you get desperate. You over extend your egoistic manners to all the forums, such a society and Debate.org.

I really doubt you're actually as a devout Christian as you are. You can quote scripture. Anyone can do that. You have far too much time on your hands to be doing this for real.

Become a preacher, a priest. Whatever. Save some damned souls in your locality. I'm done with you anyway.

By Panda! we'll all miss you! byyyeee! *sigh*

Done with you, Daniel Blowes. I have no intention of giving DDO up, rather, I want DDO to give up on you.

You don't get it do you?

When you hate you LOSE..

That's part of what the cross of Christ means: That even when nailed to that cross He still looked down and forgave them that lied and condemned Him to death.

Nothing anybody has tried has had the slightest effect on me because I always forgive..

Love conquers hate.. life conquers death.. get with the programme man.
The Cross.. the Cross.
burningpuppies101
Posts: 1,268
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2009 7:18:34 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
You all talk about stopping the troll by stopping to feed it, but by responding to what he says, you are in effect, feeding the troll. By trying to stop behaviours you don't like by telling it to everyone, you are essentially encouraging those very behaviours.

Kleptin, you have always been a very highly respected member of this community, but I think there's a problem when you decide to stoop to the level of mocking and insulting someone. If he annoys you, then ignore him. Stop advertising things in your signature, stop insulting DACT, and stop treating him as though he is sub human, whatever your opinions.
Omnes te moriturum amant 

http://www.debate.org...
Kleptin
Posts: 5,095
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2009 8:08:11 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/1/2009 7:18:34 PM, burningpuppies101 wrote:
Kleptin, you have always been a very highly respected member of this community, but I think there's a problem when you decide to stoop to the level of mocking and insulting someone. If he annoys you, then ignore him. Stop advertising things in your signature, stop insulting DACT, and stop treating him as though he is sub human, whatever your opinions.

Each particular person and each particular group of people value different things. The community on debate.org gathers in order to exchange ideas and engage in intellectual discourse, to learn from each other. For this particular group of people, I think that to respect another person's opinions and their right to believe what they believe goes above all else.

This is the most important thing on DDO. If you are rude, if you are overbearing, if you are perverted, if you have poor spelling, grammar, are terrible at expressing your point, none of these things matter quite as much.

Mocking? Insulting? Giving him sub-human treatment? I think these all pale in comparison to the fact that this individual is here for reasons that disgrace the name of the site.

There is no mockery or insult greater than the one DATCMOTO gives to each member of DDO day after day, simply by continuing to do what he does, illogically and unjustifiably shove his beliefs down the throat of others, closing his mind and ears to everyone else, convinced that he has nothing to learn and everything to teach.

You want to talk about sub-human treatment? DATCMOTO doesn't respect our right to have beliefs that aren't his. How much more sub-human can it get on a debate site about intellectual exchange?

I don't want you to mention my "reputation" as if though I should be acting a particular way. You're absolutely right though, the reason you see me acting the way I do indicates that there *is* a problem, I just think that you're not looking at the right place. Perhaps you should be trying to understand why it is that I justify my actions, instead of entertaining a superficial view as to what is taking place.

But hey, you want me to stop? Sure, I'll stop. I'll stop everything. But I'm doing this because I'm sick and tired of it all. Everyone complains about the troll, but the second I start doing something, I take the heat. So now, you'll excuse me if I just decide to enjoy DATCMOTO for his sole purpose. I'll just beat him around like everyone else, contributing to the endless waves of topics that rise and die because we have nothing but dissent.

Cheers.
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
idontbelieveit
Posts: 207
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2009 8:18:32 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/1/2009 8:08:11 PM, Kleptin wrote:
This is the most important thing on DDO. If you are rude, if you are overbearing, if you are perverted, if you have poor spelling, grammar, are terrible at expressing your point, none of these things matter quite as much.

That's me!
Kleptin
Posts: 5,095
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2009 8:32:18 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Sometimes that's me too :D
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
burningpuppies101
Posts: 1,268
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2009 8:36:29 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/1/2009 8:08:11 PM, Kleptin wrote:
At 9/1/2009 7:18:34 PM, burningpuppies101 wrote:
Kleptin, you have always been a very highly respected member of this community, but I think there's a problem when you decide to stoop to the level of mocking and insulting someone. If he annoys you, then ignore him. Stop advertising things in your signature, stop insulting DACT, and stop treating him as though he is sub human, whatever your opinions.

Each particular person and each particular group of people value different things. The community on debate.org gathers in order to exchange ideas and engage in intellectual discourse, to learn from each other. For this particular group of people, I think that to respect another person's opinions and their right to believe what they believe goes above all else.

Oh no, i respect what you believe. I just find it ridiculous that you find it necessary to mock someone, just because they refuse to listen to what other have to say. Believe me, DACT isn't on my Fave 5 list, in fact i don't really like him at all. I'm just calling into question your response to his behavior.

This is the most important thing on DDO. If you are rude, if you are overbearing, if you are perverted, if you have poor spelling, grammar, are terrible at expressing your point, none of these things matter quite as much.

True, but it's nice if you aren't any of those things.

Mocking? Insulting? Giving him sub-human treatment? I think these all pale in comparison to the fact that this individual is here for reasons that disgrace the name of the site.

Look, you just said not 2 paragraphs ago that the most important thing is that we respect everyone's opinions and their right to believe what they believe. So let DATC believe whatever he wants to believe. If you want to maintain the meaning of the site, refute him at every argument, and uphold what it means to be on debate.org. It doesn't matter if he doesn't listen, or even take heed to what you say. The point is that you say it. That's all that matters. I think your response is just a little overdone and not that called for, at least not on this site. Not here.

There is no mockery or insult greater than the one DATCMOTO gives to each member of DDO day after day, simply by continuing to do what he does, illogically and unjustifiably shove his beliefs down the throat of others, closing his mind and ears to everyone else, convinced that he has nothing to learn and everything to teach.

That's his own opinion, and we should respect it. WE don't need to agree with it, but just like you have a right to be on the site, so does he. You don't like what he has to say? Refute it. Teach others not to think like that. No use pointing fingers. Just roll up your sleeves and spend the same amount of effort you use against DATC and use it to teach what is correct, and what is rational.

You want to talk about sub-human treatment? DATCMOTO doesn't respect our right to have beliefs that aren't his. How much more sub-human can it get on a debate site about intellectual exchange?

That doesn't justify your own actions, now does it. I'm not defending DATC's actions. I'm questioning your response to them.

I don't want you to mention my "reputation" as if though I should be acting a particular way. You're absolutely right though, the reason you see me acting the way I do indicates that there *is* a problem, I just think that you're not looking at the right place. Perhaps you should be trying to understand why it is that I justify my actions, instead of entertaining a superficial view as to what is taking place.

Oh, no, believe me, i'm not holding you to what your reputation would have you do. I'm holding you to basic decency. It doesn't matter if DATC is being irrational, or just ticks you off. I'm holding you to what I've come to know, after this long on the site, as what I think of, when I think of what kind of a person Kleptin is. You justify your actions in the above paragraphs, no? You say that he is being the worst kind of person on this site. So why is it that your response to this is to act in the same manner, even if your intention is different? If my view is superficial, by all means correct me. But from what I see, your response to DATCMOTO is no different from what you are trying to stop DATCMOTO from doing.

But hey, you want me to stop? Sure, I'll stop. I'll stop everything. But I'm doing this because I'm sick and tired of it all. Everyone complains about the troll, but the second I start doing something, I take the heat. So now, you'll excuse me if I just decide to enjoy DATCMOTO for his sole purpose. I'll just beat him around like everyone else, contributing to the endless waves of topics that rise and die because we have nothing but dissent.


I never asked you to stop. I asked you to act in a different way. Sure, it'd be nice if you'll stop doing behavior that is no better than what DATC is doing. But I can't force you to. I can only ask that you stop this madness, and actually debate, even if your opponent won't listen. It just makes him look more ridiculous.

Cheers.
Cheers.
Omnes te moriturum amant 

http://www.debate.org...
Kleptin
Posts: 5,095
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2009 8:49:34 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
@BP

I don't think I've ever disagreed with you as much as I do in just 2 blocks of text. Apparently, you're still in the early stages of denial where you think that the weapons of debate will yield a suitable response from DATCMOTO. I should know. I would have said the exact same thing you just said to me if I didn't have the experience with the troll that I do now.

I was sadly mistaken, just as you are sadly mistaken, and anyone on this forum who has exchanged at least a dozen responses with him would agree that your proposal will do nothing but fuel the destruction that he is already wreaking. It is exactly that type of thinking that has allowed him to thrive in the first place, but I discovered it too late, and it irks me that you're advocating the same tactics that ensure that he stays forever.

But instead of debate you on this issue for several pages, I'll opt to just agree to disagree for now, and let time do the talking for me. DATCMOTO isn't worth the time or the effort. Eventually, with time, you'll see that I was right.
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
burningpuppies101
Posts: 1,268
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2009 9:01:36 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/1/2009 8:49:34 PM, Kleptin wrote:
@BP

I don't think I've ever disagreed with you as much as I do in just 2 blocks of text. Apparently, you're still in the early stages of denial where you think that the weapons of debate will yield a suitable response from DATCMOTO. I should know. I would have said the exact same thing you just said to me if I didn't have the experience with the troll that I do now.

Oh no, you misunderstand. I never said that we could get a suitable response from DATC. That's where you're mistaken. I quite agree with you when you said that we can't get such a response. What I'm taking issue with is your method of dealing with DATC's behavior. I'm saying, that instead of fueling his behavior by acting in such a way that almost mimics his behavior and reminds me of josh, you use a different method, one i think is slightly more in tune with the ideals of the site.

I was sadly mistaken, just as you are sadly mistaken, and anyone on this forum who has exchanged at least a dozen responses with him would agree that your proposal will do nothing but fuel the destruction that he is already wreaking. It is exactly that type of thinking that has allowed him to thrive in the first place, but I discovered it too late, and it irks me that you're advocating the same tactics that ensure that he stays forever.

1. What destruction? Sorry, but all i've seen that I can call destruction is "a destruction of the forums" that I haven't really seen for myself, other than the fact that he posts irrational argumentation and doesn't not listen to rational arguments. You keep painting DATC with all these descriptions on how he is "thriving" with a type of thinking that you haven't defined, and how is we are only "fueling the destruction" that only you and others you have convinced can label.

But instead of debate you on this issue for several pages, I'll opt to just agree to disagree for now, and let time do the talking for me. DATCMOTO isn't worth the time or the effort. Eventually, with time, you'll see that I was right.

If we allow time to do the talking, it would be too late to rectify any wrongs, now wouldn't it?

Look. I'm not saying that we shouldn't try to stop trolling on the forums. I'm saying that responding to it by acting like a troll doesn't really work. Remember, I'm still taking issue with the fact that you decided to insult and mock another member on the site. I have nothing against your strategy of just ignoring him on the forums, rather i think that was the best one you have come up with.

I don't hope to get a rational response from DATC, nor do I hope to change his behavior. I'm just suggesting a different way to deal with it.
Omnes te moriturum amant 

http://www.debate.org...