Total Posts:13|Showing Posts:1-13
Jump to topic:

Follow me on Twi...uhh, DDO

Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2012 3:39:51 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
There are certain members on here who, when I see they've posted in the forums or have started a new debate, immediately draw my attention. Here's my list because by now you're foaming at the mouth with curiosity:

- RoyLatham & bluesteel: Reading their debates makes me smarter. It also makes me feel dumb as hell.
- PCP: When he posts, it's usually because he's schooling somebody on something.
- ConservativePolitico: I disagree with him so much that I can't stay away.
- drafterman: He's got that mix of intellect and wit that makes me think he's probably made someone on here cry before.
- Kinesis, tvellalott, & Korashk: They're usually talking about comics and...well, let's be honest, that's why I'm here.

So, who do you follow?
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2012 3:49:38 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
EVERYONEEEEEEEEeE
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2012 6:33:28 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/28/2012 3:39:51 AM, Maikuru wrote:
There are certain members on here who, when I see they've posted in the forums or have started a new debate, immediately draw my attention. Here's my list because by now you're foaming at the mouth with curiosity:

- RoyLatham & bluesteel: Reading their debates makes me smarter. It also makes me feel dumb as hell.
- PCP: When he posts, it's usually because he's schooling somebody on something.
- ConservativePolitico: I disagree with him so much that I can't stay away.
- drafterman: He's got that mix of intellect and wit that makes me think he's probably made someone on here cry before.
- Kinesis, tvellalott, & Korashk: They're usually talking about comics and...well, let's be honest, that's why I'm here.

So, who do you follow?

I regularly check my friends activity so I can stalk ... Er ... Follow them. I'm pretty selective about my friends list, so if you're on it, I'm probably interested in what you have to say.
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2012 6:54:17 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/28/2012 6:33:28 AM, drafterman wrote:
At 7/28/2012 3:39:51 AM, Maikuru wrote:
There are certain members on here who, when I see they've posted in the forums or have started a new debate, immediately draw my attention. Here's my list because by now you're foaming at the mouth with curiosity:

- RoyLatham & bluesteel: Reading their debates makes me smarter. It also makes me feel dumb as hell.
- PCP: When he posts, it's usually because he's schooling somebody on something.
- ConservativePolitico: I disagree with him so much that I can't stay away.
- drafterman: He's got that mix of intellect and wit that makes me think he's probably made someone on here cry before.
- Kinesis, tvellalott, & Korashk: They're usually talking about comics and...well, let's be honest, that's why I'm here.

So, who do you follow?

I regularly check my friends activity so I can stalk ... Er ... Follow them. I'm pretty selective about my friends list, so if you're on it, I'm probably interested in what you have to say.

Why am I on it then???
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2012 7:02:05 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/28/2012 6:54:17 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 7/28/2012 6:33:28 AM, drafterman wrote:
At 7/28/2012 3:39:51 AM, Maikuru wrote:
There are certain members on here who, when I see they've posted in the forums or have started a new debate, immediately draw my attention. Here's my list because by now you're foaming at the mouth with curiosity:

- RoyLatham & bluesteel: Reading their debates makes me smarter. It also makes me feel dumb as hell.
- PCP: When he posts, it's usually because he's schooling somebody on something.
- ConservativePolitico: I disagree with him so much that I can't stay away.
- drafterman: He's got that mix of intellect and wit that makes me think he's probably made someone on here cry before.
- Kinesis, tvellalott, & Korashk: They're usually talking about comics and...well, let's be honest, that's why I'm here.

So, who do you follow?

I regularly check my friends activity so I can stalk ... Er ... Follow them. I'm pretty selective about my friends list, so if you're on it, I'm probably interested in what you have to say.

Why am I on it then???

Mafia.
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2012 8:52:19 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Danielle: Her debates are insane. I don't know how one human being can conjure up 300+ of those and have so many with upscale quality. I usually look at them as a model for how to conduct my own, she's bound to have debated the same topic in that archive of a record.

Wnope: An enigma who doesn't debate, but demonstrates such a wide range of knowledge on just about everything, he makes me feel stupid.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
tulle
Posts: 4,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2012 2:59:41 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I just realized you can add people to your "Favourites" lol.

There are a few people whose posts I would go out of my way to read. Danielle immediately comes to mind. I also enjoy reading Wnope's and bluesteel's posts.
yang.
TUF
Posts: 21,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2012 3:05:01 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Ragnar_Rahl definitely.

Even when he is making comments that don't seem to have any logical bearing, he finds a witty way to twist them into making them smart.

Also he is the one the made me question my religious beliefs a couple years ago, after a late night chat on the old DDOfans.

Pretty much everything he says makes me question my beliefs, as he states them in such a way that holds logical inquisitive.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2012 1:25:30 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I agree with Drafterman in that I sometimes check to see what my "friends" have written. So, it is helpful if they are people whose posts you want to follow.

Ore_Ele
For me, one of the most "must-read" poster is Ore_Ele. He usually gives updates about the site, some new and inventive way of reforming the leaderboard, or a great debate about green energy.

Double_R
I'd also mention Double_R since he is a very challenging debater and his posts are few and far between, but when he does post, he usually gives well-thought out opinions to threads that would have otherwise been long and boring.

Lickdafoot
Another mention is Lickdafoot. Most of her posts in the personal forums are very encouraging and well-written as are her posts in the religion forum. It is usually worth it to check her activity and see where she posted and read those threads.

BlackVoid
A "must-read" debater is BlackVoid. Great arguments without getting too philosophical. Every one of his debates is a must vote. For me, it is worth it to see what debates he is doing and as soon as they are in the voting period, go and vote on them.

Bluesteel
As far as RFD's are concerned, definitely Bluesteel. De-constructs debates very well and gets to the core of an argument. A good model on how RFD's on this site should be written.
JaxsonRaine
Posts: 3,606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2012 2:09:41 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/28/2012 6:33:28 AM, drafterman wrote:
At 7/28/2012 3:39:51 AM, Maikuru wrote:
There are certain members on here who, when I see they've posted in the forums or have started a new debate, immediately draw my attention. Here's my list because by now you're foaming at the mouth with curiosity:

- RoyLatham & bluesteel: Reading their debates makes me smarter. It also makes me feel dumb as hell.
- PCP: When he posts, it's usually because he's schooling somebody on something.
- ConservativePolitico: I disagree with him so much that I can't stay away.
- drafterman: He's got that mix of intellect and wit that makes me think he's probably made someone on here cry before.
- Kinesis, tvellalott, & Korashk: They're usually talking about comics and...well, let's be honest, that's why I'm here.

So, who do you follow?

I regularly check my friends activity so I can stalk ... Er ... Follow them. I'm pretty selective about my friends list, so if you're on it, I'm probably interested in what you have to say.

It's true, I'm not on his list...

You have to be VERY selective not to friend me!

I mean, I'm like... super awesome and smart and always right. And my sources rock.
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2012 2:12:45 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/29/2012 2:09:41 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 7/28/2012 6:33:28 AM, drafterman wrote:
At 7/28/2012 3:39:51 AM, Maikuru wrote:
There are certain members on here who, when I see they've posted in the forums or have started a new debate, immediately draw my attention. Here's my list because by now you're foaming at the mouth with curiosity:

- RoyLatham & bluesteel: Reading their debates makes me smarter. It also makes me feel dumb as hell.
- PCP: When he posts, it's usually because he's schooling somebody on something.
- ConservativePolitico: I disagree with him so much that I can't stay away.
- drafterman: He's got that mix of intellect and wit that makes me think he's probably made someone on here cry before.
- Kinesis, tvellalott, & Korashk: They're usually talking about comics and...well, let's be honest, that's why I'm here.

So, who do you follow?

I regularly check my friends activity so I can stalk ... Er ... Follow them. I'm pretty selective about my friends list, so if you're on it, I'm probably interested in what you have to say.

It's true, I'm not on his list...

You have to be VERY selective not to friend me!

I mean, I'm like... super awesome and smart and always right. And my sources rock.

Cool story.
JaxsonRaine
Posts: 3,606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2012 2:18:20 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/29/2012 2:12:45 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 7/29/2012 2:09:41 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 7/28/2012 6:33:28 AM, drafterman wrote:
At 7/28/2012 3:39:51 AM, Maikuru wrote:
There are certain members on here who, when I see they've posted in the forums or have started a new debate, immediately draw my attention. Here's my list because by now you're foaming at the mouth with curiosity:

- RoyLatham & bluesteel: Reading their debates makes me smarter. It also makes me feel dumb as hell.
- PCP: When he posts, it's usually because he's schooling somebody on something.
- ConservativePolitico: I disagree with him so much that I can't stay away.
- drafterman: He's got that mix of intellect and wit that makes me think he's probably made someone on here cry before.
- Kinesis, tvellalott, & Korashk: They're usually talking about comics and...well, let's be honest, that's why I'm here.

So, who do you follow?

I regularly check my friends activity so I can stalk ... Er ... Follow them. I'm pretty selective about my friends list, so if you're on it, I'm probably interested in what you have to say.

It's true, I'm not on his list...

You have to be VERY selective not to friend me!

I mean, I'm like... super awesome and smart and always right. And my sources rock.

Cool story.

Please friend me! I'm lonely drafterman...

In fact, you could say that I'm feeling the draft-i-ness of lone-li-ness...
twocupcakes: 15 = 13