Jump to topic:

GAH! I'm Sick of it!

Axiom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2012 11:51:50 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I am so tired of people accepting debates and then not following through! That's so disrespectful!!!! I put time and effort and nearly an hour of my time per round into an argument and then get nothing in return. No discourse. Nadda. GRAAAAK--gag-cough...

Imo there should be a function on DDO where you can put marks against people who forfeit debates by not responding. And then have an option when creating the debate to not allow people who have five or more marks or fifteen or more (etc...) to accept your debate.

Anyway... GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! *Lung collapse, I fall to the floor, clutching my chest, my head slams into the bookcase, blood wells up over my eye like a pool of crimson, I fall down to the ground, darkness invading my senses, slowly bleeding out and whispering to myself, 'why DDO, just...WHY..."

*Sigh.... At least I'm not dramatic about it.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2012 11:53:06 PM
Tell me about it. You should contact active members and see if they want to debate you to avoid forfeits :)
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2012 11:59:27 PM
At 7/28/2012 11:53:06 PM, thett3 wrote:
Tell me about it. You should contact active members and see if they want to debate you to avoid forfeits :)
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Axiom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2012 12:07:29 AM

? I can change the contendor in an already accepted debate? Or simply repost the debate after the forfeit?
Question_Mark
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2012 12:09:48 AM
It happens. I honestly only see a problem with it if one user conistently forfeits the debate.

And if the topic regards science, religion, or politics, I'll gladly debate you.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2012 12:19:13 AM
16 of my 35 debates involve at least one forfeit. Luck of the draw.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Apollo.11
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2012 12:20:24 AM

Meh.
Spinko, royal, and now LK all FF'ed on me.
Sapere Aude!
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2012 1:31:03 PM
Most forfeiters are people who just joined the site. While forfeiters exist among experienced members, they are few and far between. Don't debate drama queens who just up and decide to de-activate their account every couple of weeks. Debate people that you know and respect.