Total Posts:9|Showing Posts:1-9
Jump to topic:

What Does This Count As?

DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2012 8:01:08 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
What does this debate count as? I KNOW it's not a noob-snipe, as Mongeese has been around a LONG time.

Is it an attempted troll debate that got counter-trolled by me? What is it? I'm confus. Oh, and sorry about accepting that, mongeese. I couldn't resist. http://www.debate.org...
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
LaissezFaire
Posts: 2,050
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2012 8:06:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/1/2012 8:01:08 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
What does this debate count as? I KNOW it's not a noob-snipe, as Mongeese has been around a LONG time.

Is it an attempted troll debate that got counter-trolled by me? What is it? I'm confus. Oh, and sorry about accepting that, mongeese. I couldn't resist. http://www.debate.org...

I think so. But now, counter-counter-trolled by me.
Should we subsidize education?
http://www.debate.org...

http://mises.org...

http://lewrockwell.com...

http://antiwar.com...

: At 6/22/2011 6:57:23 PM, el-badgero wrote:
: i didn't like [Obama]. he was the only black dude in moneygall yet he claimed to be home. obvious liar is obvious liar. i bet him and bin laden are bumfvcking right now.
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2012 8:08:47 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/1/2012 8:06:35 PM, LaissezFaire wrote:
At 8/1/2012 8:01:08 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
What does this debate count as? I KNOW it's not a noob-snipe, as Mongeese has been around a LONG time.

Is it an attempted troll debate that got counter-trolled by me? What is it? I'm confus. Oh, and sorry about accepting that, mongeese. I couldn't resist. http://www.debate.org...

I think so. But now, counter-counter-trolled by me.

Love the bullsh1t about how supposedly if-then statements are true if the then is false. Eggcelent.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
LaissezFaire
Posts: 2,050
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2012 8:11:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/1/2012 8:08:47 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 8/1/2012 8:06:35 PM, LaissezFaire wrote:
At 8/1/2012 8:01:08 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
What does this debate count as? I KNOW it's not a noob-snipe, as Mongeese has been around a LONG time.

Is it an attempted troll debate that got counter-trolled by me? What is it? I'm confus. Oh, and sorry about accepting that, mongeese. I couldn't resist. http://www.debate.org...

I think so. But now, counter-counter-trolled by me.

Love the bullsh1t about how supposedly if-then statements are true if the then is false. Eggcelent.

Meant if the 'if' part is false. And it's not BS--that's actually how logic works. http://en.wikipedia.org...
Should we subsidize education?
http://www.debate.org...

http://mises.org...

http://lewrockwell.com...

http://antiwar.com...

: At 6/22/2011 6:57:23 PM, el-badgero wrote:
: i didn't like [Obama]. he was the only black dude in moneygall yet he claimed to be home. obvious liar is obvious liar. i bet him and bin laden are bumfvcking right now.
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2012 8:13:43 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/1/2012 8:11:37 PM, LaissezFaire wrote:
At 8/1/2012 8:08:47 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 8/1/2012 8:06:35 PM, LaissezFaire wrote:
At 8/1/2012 8:01:08 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
What does this debate count as? I KNOW it's not a noob-snipe, as Mongeese has been around a LONG time.

Is it an attempted troll debate that got counter-trolled by me? What is it? I'm confus. Oh, and sorry about accepting that, mongeese. I couldn't resist. http://www.debate.org...

I think so. But now, counter-counter-trolled by me.

Love the bullsh1t about how supposedly if-then statements are true if the then is false. Eggcelent.

Meant if the 'if' part is false. And it's not BS--that's actually how logic works. http://en.wikipedia.org...

Logic is fvcking retarded.

It's a conditional statement. The condition is not fulfilled, SO the statement is false.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
LaissezFaire
Posts: 2,050
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2012 8:16:10 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/1/2012 8:13:43 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 8/1/2012 8:11:37 PM, LaissezFaire wrote:
At 8/1/2012 8:08:47 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 8/1/2012 8:06:35 PM, LaissezFaire wrote:
At 8/1/2012 8:01:08 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
What does this debate count as? I KNOW it's not a noob-snipe, as Mongeese has been around a LONG time.

Is it an attempted troll debate that got counter-trolled by me? What is it? I'm confus. Oh, and sorry about accepting that, mongeese. I couldn't resist. http://www.debate.org...

I think so. But now, counter-counter-trolled by me.

Love the bullsh1t about how supposedly if-then statements are true if the then is false. Eggcelent.

Meant if the 'if' part is false. And it's not BS--that's actually how logic works. http://en.wikipedia.org...

Logic is fvcking retarded.

It's a conditional statement. The condition is not fulfilled, SO the statement is false.

You should have specified that you were using a non-traditional logical system in the debate. I think there are logical systems where 'If P, then Q' is false if P and Q are false--but that's usually not how logic works, so I voted based on the usual rules.
Should we subsidize education?
http://www.debate.org...

http://mises.org...

http://lewrockwell.com...

http://antiwar.com...

: At 6/22/2011 6:57:23 PM, el-badgero wrote:
: i didn't like [Obama]. he was the only black dude in moneygall yet he claimed to be home. obvious liar is obvious liar. i bet him and bin laden are bumfvcking right now.
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2012 8:19:16 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/1/2012 8:16:10 PM, LaissezFaire wrote:
At 8/1/2012 8:13:43 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 8/1/2012 8:11:37 PM, LaissezFaire wrote:
At 8/1/2012 8:08:47 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 8/1/2012 8:06:35 PM, LaissezFaire wrote:
At 8/1/2012 8:01:08 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
What does this debate count as? I KNOW it's not a noob-snipe, as Mongeese has been around a LONG time.

Is it an attempted troll debate that got counter-trolled by me? What is it? I'm confus. Oh, and sorry about accepting that, mongeese. I couldn't resist. http://www.debate.org...

I think so. But now, counter-counter-trolled by me.

Love the bullsh1t about how supposedly if-then statements are true if the then is false. Eggcelent.

Meant if the 'if' part is false. And it's not BS--that's actually how logic works. http://en.wikipedia.org...

Logic is fvcking retarded.

It's a conditional statement. The condition is not fulfilled, SO the statement is false.

You should have specified that you were using a non-traditional logical system in the debate. I think there are logical systems where 'If P, then Q' is false if P and Q are false--but that's usually not how logic works, so I voted based on the usual rules.

P and Q aren't simultaneously false.

The idea goes that for Q to be true, P must be true. P is not true. Therefore Q cannot.

To be honest, I think the logic to which you refer is some kind of purely academic, or obscure, kind of logic. Doesn't make sense to me.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
LaissezFaire
Posts: 2,050
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2012 8:25:22 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/1/2012 8:19:16 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 8/1/2012 8:16:10 PM, LaissezFaire wrote:
At 8/1/2012 8:13:43 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 8/1/2012 8:11:37 PM, LaissezFaire wrote:
At 8/1/2012 8:08:47 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 8/1/2012 8:06:35 PM, LaissezFaire wrote:
At 8/1/2012 8:01:08 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
What does this debate count as? I KNOW it's not a noob-snipe, as Mongeese has been around a LONG time.

Is it an attempted troll debate that got counter-trolled by me? What is it? I'm confus. Oh, and sorry about accepting that, mongeese. I couldn't resist. http://www.debate.org...

I think so. But now, counter-counter-trolled by me.

Love the bullsh1t about how supposedly if-then statements are true if the then is false. Eggcelent.

Meant if the 'if' part is false. And it's not BS--that's actually how logic works. http://en.wikipedia.org...

Logic is fvcking retarded.

It's a conditional statement. The condition is not fulfilled, SO the statement is false.

You should have specified that you were using a non-traditional logical system in the debate. I think there are logical systems where 'If P, then Q' is false if P and Q are false--but that's usually not how logic works, so I voted based on the usual rules.

P and Q aren't simultaneously false.

The idea goes that for Q to be true, P must be true. P is not true. Therefore Q cannot.

To be honest, I think the logic to which you refer is some kind of purely academic, or obscure, kind of logic. Doesn't make sense to me.

You wrote your argument in the form of formal logic:
P1) To be voting on Wednesday, I must be voting.
P2) I have not attained the eligible voting age in the US.
P3) I am not voting.
C) I am not voting on Wednesday.

But your use of formal logic was wrong, so you lost. Your propositions show that both P and Q are false, which means 'If P, then Q' is true. This form of logic may be 'obscure' to most people, but that's still what logic is. Statements like, 'If the sky is green, I will win the lottery today' are true because the sky isn't green. It seems weird, but unless you specify a different logical system that should be used, I have to use the traditional one.
Should we subsidize education?
http://www.debate.org...

http://mises.org...

http://lewrockwell.com...

http://antiwar.com...

: At 6/22/2011 6:57:23 PM, el-badgero wrote:
: i didn't like [Obama]. he was the only black dude in moneygall yet he claimed to be home. obvious liar is obvious liar. i bet him and bin laden are bumfvcking right now.
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2012 8:27:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/1/2012 8:25:22 PM, LaissezFaire wrote:
At 8/1/2012 8:19:16 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 8/1/2012 8:16:10 PM, LaissezFaire wrote:
At 8/1/2012 8:13:43 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 8/1/2012 8:11:37 PM, LaissezFaire wrote:
At 8/1/2012 8:08:47 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 8/1/2012 8:06:35 PM, LaissezFaire wrote:
At 8/1/2012 8:01:08 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
What does this debate count as? I KNOW it's not a noob-snipe, as Mongeese has been around a LONG time.

Is it an attempted troll debate that got counter-trolled by me? What is it? I'm confus. Oh, and sorry about accepting that, mongeese. I couldn't resist. http://www.debate.org...

I think so. But now, counter-counter-trolled by me.

Love the bullsh1t about how supposedly if-then statements are true if the then is false. Eggcelent.

Meant if the 'if' part is false. And it's not BS--that's actually how logic works. http://en.wikipedia.org...

Logic is fvcking retarded.

It's a conditional statement. The condition is not fulfilled, SO the statement is false.

You should have specified that you were using a non-traditional logical system in the debate. I think there are logical systems where 'If P, then Q' is false if P and Q are false--but that's usually not how logic works, so I voted based on the usual rules.

P and Q aren't simultaneously false.

The idea goes that for Q to be true, P must be true. P is not true. Therefore Q cannot.

To be honest, I think the logic to which you refer is some kind of purely academic, or obscure, kind of logic. Doesn't make sense to me.

You wrote your argument in the form of formal logic:
P1) To be voting on Wednesday, I must be voting.
P2) I have not attained the eligible voting age in the US.
P3) I am not voting.
C) I am not voting on Wednesday.

But your use of formal logic was wrong, so you lost. Your propositions show that both P and Q are false, which means 'If P, then Q' is true. This form of logic may be 'obscure' to most people, but that's still what logic is. Statements like, 'If the sky is green, I will win the lottery today' are true because the sky isn't green. It seems weird, but unless you specify a different logical system that should be used, I have to use the traditional one.

Yeah....well....you're STUPID! :P
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus