Total Posts:31|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Me and My accounts.

AnimeFanTony
Posts: 1,129
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2009 7:59:21 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
When referring to myself as in JCMT, Panda, R_R, etc. do I/We refer to ourselves as I or We. I know that Legion the demon in the Bible refereed to himself as many so should we/I do the same. It would be a big help.
We were think of going with I to keep up certain personalities.
For example on panda:I am Irish
On AFT:I am Black
As opposed to :We are Irish or We are black as we/I truly am neither.
Thanks for the help :P
Ownership of this account has been transferred from JCMT to I-am-a-panda.
Updates of the next JCMT puppet account pending.
leet4A1
Posts: 1,986
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2009 8:25:23 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/3/2009 7:59:21 PM, AnimeFanTony wrote:
When referring to myself as in JCMT, Panda, R_R, etc. do I/We refer to ourselves as I or We. I know that Legion the demon in the Bible refereed to himself as many so should we/I do the same. It would be a big help.
We were think of going with I to keep up certain personalities.
For example on panda:I am Irish
On AFT:I am Black
As opposed to :We are Irish or We are black as we/I truly am neither.
Thanks for the help :P

Who cares?
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"Satan goes to church, did you know that?" - Godsands

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
AnimeFanTony
Posts: 1,129
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2009 8:35:43 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Grammar Nazis.
Ownership of this account has been transferred from JCMT to I-am-a-panda.
Updates of the next JCMT puppet account pending.
leet4A1
Posts: 1,986
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2009 8:48:35 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/3/2009 8:35:43 PM, AnimeFanTony wrote:
Grammar Nazis.

Kelsey Grammar is not a Nazi, and Frasier was a good show!
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"Satan goes to church, did you know that?" - Godsands

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2009 9:14:53 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/3/2009 8:48:35 PM, leet4A1 wrote:
At 9/3/2009 8:35:43 PM, AnimeFanTony wrote:
Grammar Nazis.

Kelsey Grammar is not a Nazi, and Frasier was a good show!
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
leet4A1
Posts: 1,986
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2009 9:58:16 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/3/2009 9:14:53 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 9/3/2009 8:48:35 PM, leet4A1 wrote:
At 9/3/2009 8:35:43 PM, AnimeFanTony wrote:
Grammar Nazis.

Kelsey Grammar is not a Nazi, and Frasier was a good show!



Damn, I'm at work and can't see videos. What is it?!?!?!
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"Satan goes to church, did you know that?" - Godsands

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
leet4A1
Posts: 1,986
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2009 10:36:30 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/3/2009 10:31:34 PM, Maikuru wrote:
It's time for a new job. It's worth it.

Haha, I'm putting in my resignation right now.
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"Satan goes to church, did you know that?" - Godsands

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2009 8:42:09 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/3/2009 10:36:30 PM, leet4A1 wrote:
At 9/3/2009 10:31:34 PM, Maikuru wrote:
It's time for a new job. It's worth it.

Haha, I'm putting in my resignation right now.

You are NOT paid to spend your time carvorting with pseudo intellectuals and pretend atheists on DDO.. you ARE PAID TO DO AS YOU'RE TOLD!

Now JUMP to it.
The Cross.. the Cross.
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2009 1:53:14 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/4/2009 11:48:02 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
We are black. We are Irish. We are....Phil Lynott.

Poor mans Hendrix.. a VERY poor mans.
The Cross.. the Cross.
patsox834
Posts: 406
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2009 2:41:20 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/4/2009 1:53:14 PM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 9/4/2009 11:48:02 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
We are black. We are Irish. We are....Phil Lynott.

Poor mans Hendrix.. a VERY poor mans.

Yeah, but most guitarists are weak relative to Hendrix. God, was he ever a beast.
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2009 3:18:16 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/4/2009 2:41:20 PM, patsox834 wrote:
At 9/4/2009 1:53:14 PM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 9/4/2009 11:48:02 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
We are black. We are Irish. We are....Phil Lynott.

Poor mans Hendrix.. a VERY poor mans.

Yeah, but most guitarists are weak relative to Hendrix. God, was he ever a beast.

But PALES in comparison to the incomparable James Patrick Page.
The Cross.. the Cross.
patsox834
Posts: 406
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2009 3:40:55 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/4/2009 3:18:16 PM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 9/4/2009 2:41:20 PM, patsox834 wrote:
At 9/4/2009 1:53:14 PM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 9/4/2009 11:48:02 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
We are black. We are Irish. We are....Phil Lynott.

Poor mans Hendrix.. a VERY poor mans.

Yeah, but most guitarists are weak relative to Hendrix. God, was he ever a beast.

But PALES in comparison to the incomparable James Patrick Page.

I don't agree, but I'm definitely a big Jimmy Page fan, as well. Some of the most powerful guitar work ever came about because of Jimmy Page, and some of the most catchy and creative riffs.

Really, Led Zeppelin as a whole were musical beasts.
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2009 3:53:56 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/4/2009 3:40:55 PM, patsox834 wrote:
At 9/4/2009 3:18:16 PM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 9/4/2009 2:41:20 PM, patsox834 wrote:
At 9/4/2009 1:53:14 PM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 9/4/2009 11:48:02 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
We are black. We are Irish. We are....Phil Lynott.

Poor mans Hendrix.. a VERY poor mans.

Yeah, but most guitarists are weak relative to Hendrix. God, was he ever a beast.

But PALES in comparison to the incomparable James Patrick Page.

I don't agree, but I'm definitely a big Jimmy Page fan, as well. Some of the most powerful guitar work ever came about because of Jimmy Page, and some of the most catchy and creative riffs.

Really, Led Zeppelin as a whole were musical beasts.

Are you sure it's not just because Hendrix is dead?

Have you ever noticed how much of modern culture is worship of the dead?

Elvis
Marylyn Monroe
Jim Morrison
Kurt Cobain
Warhol
Etc

Micheal Jackson couldn't get arrested (ha ha) before he died.. now look at him, big star again. I bet Madonna, Prince and Whitney were GREEN.
The Cross.. the Cross.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2009 4:05:14 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Phil Lynott? Weak?

Firstly, Thin Lizzy and Led Zeppelin were both Blues-Rock, delving into Heavy Metal. To start, Lynotts 'weak' guitar was so because he sung as well. If he didn't sing, he would be on a much more equal level to Page. Furthermore, Lynott was on bass, whereas Page was mainly Lead.

I'm not doubting Page's ability, he was a legend. think again before you blindly compare two musician.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
patsox834
Posts: 406
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2009 4:16:28 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/4/2009 3:53:56 PM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 9/4/2009 3:40:55 PM, patsox834 wrote:
At 9/4/2009 3:18:16 PM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 9/4/2009 2:41:20 PM, patsox834 wrote:
At 9/4/2009 1:53:14 PM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 9/4/2009 11:48:02 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
We are black. We are Irish. We are....Phil Lynott.

Poor mans Hendrix.. a VERY poor mans.

Yeah, but most guitarists are weak relative to Hendrix. God, was he ever a beast.

But PALES in comparison to the incomparable James Patrick Page.

I don't agree, but I'm definitely a big Jimmy Page fan, as well. Some of the most powerful guitar work ever came about because of Jimmy Page, and some of the most catchy and creative riffs.

Really, Led Zeppelin as a whole were musical beasts.

Are you sure it's not just because Hendrix is dead?

Well, I do think that has something to do with it for some people, but with me, I listen to some of the stuff he wrote, and I find it to be brilliant. I mean, he pioneered e instrument; Hendrix did things nobody before him did.

I think what Hendrix did on the guitar is a lot more impressive in context. I often wonder how he came up with some of the music he wrote...one of my favorite songs of his is Castles Made of Sand -- the intro of it was actually recorded over itself and played backwards, and then put on the album. Really innovative for the time. Nowadays, though, music and artists are packaged up by the record labels, so you don't see stuff like that as often.

Have you ever noticed how much of modern culture is worship of the dead?

Elvis
Marylyn Monroe
Jim Morrison
Kurt Cobain
Warhol
Etc

Definitely. Especially with those who die young, like Janis Joplin and Cobain (who I can't stand.)

I'm a big Jim Morrison fan, though. He said and did a lot of things I find highly intriguing. It seemed like he was on another level to me.

Micheal Jackson couldn't get arrested (ha ha) before he died.. now look at him, big star again. I bet Madonna, Prince and Whitney were GREEN.

Ugh, Michael Jackson. He really perfectly illustrates your point. The dude was a child molester, and now people are lionizing him because...he did a funny dance and made music they liked? And because the media gave him a hard time? Well, uh, tough -- he should've faced lot worse than scrutiny from the media.

If he were still live, he would still be the punchline to every joke. Now that he's dead, though, there's a concert in his honor...? Sickening.
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2009 4:36:34 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/4/2009 4:16:28 PM, patsox834 wrote:
At 9/4/2009 3:53:56 PM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 9/4/2009 3:40:55 PM, patsox834 wrote:
At 9/4/2009 3:18:16 PM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 9/4/2009 2:41:20 PM, patsox834 wrote:
At 9/4/2009 1:53:14 PM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 9/4/2009 11:48:02 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
We are black. We are Irish. We are....Phil Lynott.

Poor mans Hendrix.. a VERY poor mans.

Yeah, but most guitarists are weak relative to Hendrix. God, was he ever a beast.

But PALES in comparison to the incomparable James Patrick Page.

I don't agree, but I'm definitely a big Jimmy Page fan, as well. Some of the most powerful guitar work ever came about because of Jimmy Page, and some of the most catchy and creative riffs.

Really, Led Zeppelin as a whole were musical beasts.

Are you sure it's not just because Hendrix is dead?

Well, I do think that has something to do with it for some people, but with me, I listen to some of the stuff he wrote, and I find it to be brilliant. I mean, he pioneered e instrument; Hendrix did things nobody before him did.

I think what Hendrix did on the guitar is a lot more impressive in context. I often wonder how he came up with some of the music he wrote...one of my favorite songs of his is Castles Made of Sand -- the intro of it was actually recorded over itself and played backwards, and then put on the album. Really innovative for the time. Nowadays, though, music and artists are packaged up by the record labels, so you don't see stuff like that as often.


Have you ever noticed how much of modern culture is worship of the dead?

Elvis
Marylyn Monroe
Jim Morrison
Kurt Cobain
Warhol
Etc

Definitely. Especially with those who die young, like Janis Joplin and Cobain (who I can't stand.)

I'm a big Jim Morrison fan, though. He said and did a lot of things I find highly intriguing. It seemed like he was on another level to me.

Micheal Jackson couldn't get arrested (ha ha) before he died.. now look at him, big star again. I bet Madonna, Prince and Whitney were GREEN.

Ugh, Michael Jackson. He really perfectly illustrates your point. The dude was a child molester, and now people are lionizing him because...he did a funny dance and made music they liked? And because the media gave him a hard time? Well, uh, tough -- he should've faced lot worse than scrutiny from the media.

If he were still live, he would still be the punchline to every joke. Now that he's dead, though, there's a concert in his honor...? Sickening.

There's a Lennon song (from walls and bridges I believe) that says " Everybody loves you when you're six feet under the ground.."
It's 'safe' isn't it? their never going to say anything to embarrass you or release another bad record etc..
The Cross.. the Cross.
patsox834
Posts: 406
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2009 4:38:44 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/4/2009 4:05:14 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
Phil Lynott? Weak?



Firstly, Thin Lizzy and Led Zeppelin were both Blues-Rock, delving into Heavy Metal.

Nah, Led Zeppelin's music is really too diverse to categorize them as such.
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2009 4:40:22 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/4/2009 4:05:14 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
Phil Lynott? Weak?

Firstly, Thin Lizzy and Led Zeppelin were both Blues-Rock, delving into Heavy Metal. To start, Lynotts 'weak' guitar was so because he sung as well. If he didn't sing, he would be on a much more equal level to Page. Furthermore, Lynott was on bass, whereas Page was mainly Lead.

I'm not doubting Page's ability, he was a legend. think again before you blindly compare two musician.

Even when I was nuts on music I ALWAYS hated both of those records.. those records are the principle reason I hated thin lizzy and never rated Lynott.
Horrible spindly guitar, terrible production. All round second rate band.
The Cross.. the Cross.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2009 4:45:32 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Or they're Irish. Whiskey in the Jar is country rock, basically a cover of the classic ballad, whereas Boys are Back in town is more towards Pop, IMO. They're pretty diverse, and I'm listening to more and more of them as I learn more guitar.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2009 4:54:14 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/4/2009 4:45:32 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
Or they're Irish. Whiskey in the Jar is country rock, basically a cover of the classic ballad, whereas Boys are Back in town is more towards Pop, IMO. They're pretty diverse, and I'm listening to more and more of them as I learn more guitar.

When you've mastered Lynott you'll be able to move on to more complex stuff..
Like cords.
The Cross.. the Cross.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2009 4:58:00 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/4/2009 4:54:14 PM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 9/4/2009 4:45:32 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
Or they're Irish. Whiskey in the Jar is country rock, basically a cover of the classic ballad, whereas Boys are Back in town is more towards Pop, IMO. They're pretty diverse, and I'm listening to more and more of them as I learn more guitar.

When you've mastered Lynott you'll be able to move on to more complex stuff..
Like cords.

I can do some chords. But anyone interested in rock would know Electric guitar involves power chords.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2009 5:16:14 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/4/2009 4:58:00 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 9/4/2009 4:54:14 PM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 9/4/2009 4:45:32 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
Or they're Irish. Whiskey in the Jar is country rock, basically a cover of the classic ballad, whereas Boys are Back in town is more towards Pop, IMO. They're pretty diverse, and I'm listening to more and more of them as I learn more guitar.

When you've mastered Lynott you'll be able to move on to more complex stuff..
Like cords.

I can do some chords. But anyone interested in rock would know Electric guitar involves power chords.

That's only when you've advanced onto AIR GUITAR..
The Cross.. the Cross.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2009 5:21:13 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/4/2009 5:16:14 PM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 9/4/2009 4:58:00 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 9/4/2009 4:54:14 PM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 9/4/2009 4:45:32 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
Or they're Irish. Whiskey in the Jar is country rock, basically a cover of the classic ballad, whereas Boys are Back in town is more towards Pop, IMO. They're pretty diverse, and I'm listening to more and more of them as I learn more guitar.

When you've mastered Lynott you'll be able to move on to more complex stuff..
Like cords.

I can do some chords. But anyone interested in rock would know Electric guitar involves power chords.

That's only when you've advanced onto AIR GUITAR..

*Facepalm* http://lmgtfy.com...
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2009 5:26:07 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/4/2009 5:21:13 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 9/4/2009 5:16:14 PM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 9/4/2009 4:58:00 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 9/4/2009 4:54:14 PM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 9/4/2009 4:45:32 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
Or they're Irish. Whiskey in the Jar is country rock, basically a cover of the classic ballad, whereas Boys are Back in town is more towards Pop, IMO. They're pretty diverse, and I'm listening to more and more of them as I learn more guitar.

When you've mastered Lynott you'll be able to move on to more complex stuff..
Like cords.

I can do some chords. But anyone interested in rock would know Electric guitar involves power chords.

That's only when you've advanced onto AIR GUITAR..

*Facepalm* http://lmgtfy.com...

*internet Cliche LOL*
The Cross.. the Cross.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2009 5:28:14 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
"In music, a power chord Power chord (also fifth chord) is a chord consisting of only the root note of the chord and the fifth, usually played on electric guitar, and typically through an amplification process that imparts distortion. Power chords are a key element of many styles of rock music" - http://en.wikipedia.org...

I think I'll spare the bit where I say pwn'ed.

If you want to continue the argument, I'll debate you on it.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2009 5:31:49 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/4/2009 5:28:14 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
"In music, a power chord Power chord (also fifth chord) is a chord consisting of only the root note of the chord and the fifth, usually played on electric guitar, and typically through an amplification process that imparts distortion. Power chords are a key element of many styles of rock music" - http://en.wikipedia.org...

I think I'll spare the bit where I say pwn'ed.

If you want to continue the argument, I'll debate you on it.

Oh no.. please.. NOT debate! NOT on something I was JOKING about..

You really are NOT the sharpest tool in the box.
The Cross.. the Cross.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2009 5:36:20 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/4/2009 5:31:49 PM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 9/4/2009 5:28:14 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
"In music, a power chord Power chord (also fifth chord) is a chord consisting of only the root note of the chord and the fifth, usually played on electric guitar, and typically through an amplification process that imparts distortion. Power chords are a key element of many styles of rock music" - http://en.wikipedia.org...

I think I'll spare the bit where I say pwn'ed.

If you want to continue the argument, I'll debate you on it.

Oh no.. please.. NOT debate! NOT on something I was JOKING about..

You really are NOT the sharpest tool in the box.

At the form of argument you have displayed, it is difficult to tell when you are joking or not.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.