Total Posts:23|Showing Posts:1-23
Jump to topic:

abstractposters

Cody_Franklin
Posts: 9,483
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2012 12:58:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/6/2012 6:27:49 AM, HelterSkelter wrote:
It looks like he's a member of this site. What exactly is your problem?

He seems like a troll. He just keeps cycling the same statements over, seems like, openly admits to equivocation, and is generally nonsensical. Like, on my debate about moral realism, here's our exchange:

ap said:
An infinite sum, when k=1, is equivalent to pi^3. Observe: [3.6 (10^-5)] / {the permeability of empty space [mu(not)] [k^4]}.

The following comes from Jesus before leaving the chamber.

"Ascending to the upper chambers, there are two composite horizontal measurements that need to be considered. Both are close to important numbers that make sense to the overall concept being expressed but don't quite work out. One is too short and the other too long, so that no amount of adjusting will allow for both to be reality. The first one is the distance from the pyramid entrance down to the end of the Dead End Passage and back up to the middle of the Well of Life Shaft entrance on the passage floor. This is 7069.544678 inches, 1.5231342 short of 7071.067812, the inverse of the square root of 2, both of which are numbers of transformation, which is what the Great Pyramid is all about. This difference as a number is but .05 short of 1523.133846 inches, the length of the Queens Chamber Passage. But since all of the measurements that make up the composite numbers are absolutes, nothing can be adjusted to make this work out. Another way to look at it is to accept that this route is just not the way to transformation."

I said:
... What?

I think you think this debate is the debate you're thinking of, but I don't think this is the debate you think it is.

ap said:
All existence precedes space-time.

I said:
Okay, well, that isn't relevant to this debate. So I'm not really sure what your intentions are.

ap said:
I presented a moral realist position and an infinite regress position. My position: If I see no flaws in my position, then my assertion is just. Justice is always relevant.

I said:
Uh... neither of those things were relevant to normative ethics. And I reread them both several times.

Are you trying to say "correct position = just = normative concept of justice = relevance?" Because that would be the most peculiar case of equivocation and hazy defining I've ever seen.

ap said:
1st comment (major) = infinite regress +/or moral realism
2nd comment (minor) = moral realism
3rd comment (conclusion): moral realism

Sartre's 'existence precedes essence' argument ought to read 'existence precedes space-time'.

As I am sure you can keep up, I command you to observe my debate.
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2012 1:06:43 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Cody, you may have stumbled along the line of an incredibly-gifted individual trapped in a cyclical train of thought where beauty, the universe, paradoxes, and reason are frequent motifs...or a troll.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2012 1:11:23 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/6/2012 1:06:43 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
Cody, you may have stumbled along the line of an incredibly-gifted individual trapped in a cyclical train of thought where beauty, the universe, paradoxes, and reason are frequent motifs...or a troll.

Agreed.
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2012 1:12:24 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I think he/she is The_fool. Same idiosyncrasies
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2012 1:18:26 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/6/2012 1:12:24 PM, 000ike wrote:
I think he/she is The_fool. Same idiosyncrasies

But different grasps of the same language??
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2012 8:41:31 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
This is what a troll is supposed to look like. Trapping people with intentional fallacies. I approve.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
abstractposters
Posts: 5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2012 8:52:27 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I do WONDER if I make it up as I go.
However, there is a place in the universe that corresponds to it's coming-to-be when I extend my finger and arm. Similarly, when I leap forward 100 years have become. Similarly, when I take ten steps backwards, all that is eradicated.
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2012 9:06:55 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/6/2012 8:52:27 PM, abstractposters wrote:
I do WONDER if I make it up as I go.
However, there is a place in the universe that corresponds to it's coming-to-be when I extend my finger and arm. Similarly, when I leap forward 100 years have become. Similarly, when I take ten steps backwards, all that is eradicated.

Okay so you are God then.

Can you make the Bears win the Super Bowl?
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
abstractposters
Posts: 5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2012 9:26:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/6/2012 9:06:55 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 8/6/2012 8:52:27 PM, abstractposters wrote:
I do WONDER if I make it up as I go.
However, there is a place in the universe that corresponds to it's coming-to-be when I extend my finger and arm. Similarly, when I leap forward 100 years have become. Similarly, when I take ten steps backwards, all that is eradicated.

Okay so you are God then.

Can you make the Bears win the Super Bowl?

The bowl will be poured out with a bomb-scare-evacuation because you are so stupid pooping in your pants.
JaxsonRaine
Posts: 3,606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2012 9:39:30 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/6/2012 8:41:31 PM, FREEDO wrote:
This is what a troll is supposed to look like. Trapping people with intentional fallacies. I approve.

Quit gloating... nobody likes someone who brags about theirselves.
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
abstractposters
Posts: 5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2012 10:03:47 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/6/2012 1:11:23 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 8/6/2012 1:06:43 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
Cody, you may have stumbled along the line of an incredibly-gifted individual trapped in a cyclical train of thought where beauty, the universe, paradoxes, and reason are frequent motifs...or a troll.

Agreed.

As to Aristotle's 'causes' or what are now known as 'rights': (1) legal; (2) natural; (3) human; and (4) moral.
JaxsonRaine
Posts: 3,606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2012 10:07:47 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/6/2012 10:03:47 PM, abstractposters wrote:
At 8/6/2012 1:11:23 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 8/6/2012 1:06:43 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
Cody, you may have stumbled along the line of an incredibly-gifted individual trapped in a cyclical train of thought where beauty, the universe, paradoxes, and reason are frequent motifs...or a troll.

Agreed.

As to Aristotle's 'causes' or what are now known as 'rights': (1) legal; (2) natural; (3) human; and (4) moral.

The 5th moon of Mars rises in the house of Dragonfly tomorrow, incesting maths into the proponent of equal rights in causation of the (5n+1n^-1)^2 molestation of logic.
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
abstractposters
Posts: 5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2012 10:22:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/6/2012 10:07:47 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 8/6/2012 10:03:47 PM, abstractposters wrote:
At 8/6/2012 1:11:23 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 8/6/2012 1:06:43 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
Cody, you may have stumbled along the line of an incredibly-gifted individual trapped in a cyclical train of thought where beauty, the universe, paradoxes, and reason are frequent motifs...or a troll.

Agreed.

As to Aristotle's 'causes' or what are now known as 'rights': (1) legal; (2) natural; (3) human; and (4) moral.

The 5th moon of Mars rises in the house of Dragonfly tomorrow, incesting maths into the proponent of equal rights in causation of the (5n+1n^-1)^2 molestation of logic.

Copy. Over and out.
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2012 11:13:01 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/6/2012 9:26:21 PM, abstractposters wrote:
At 8/6/2012 9:06:55 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 8/6/2012 8:52:27 PM, abstractposters wrote:
I do WONDER if I make it up as I go.
However, there is a place in the universe that corresponds to it's coming-to-be when I extend my finger and arm. Similarly, when I leap forward 100 years have become. Similarly, when I take ten steps backwards, all that is eradicated.

Okay so you are God then.

Can you make the Bears win the Super Bowl?

The bowl will be poured out with a bomb-scare-evacuation because you are so stupid pooping in your pants.

Just what I always wanted!
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2012 6:42:41 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Stewpid_Monkey = Abstractposters = The_Fool_on_the_hill

Can we do an IP check? This will prove that The_Fool speaks with bad grammar on purpose, which means he is a troll after all
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
airmax1227
Posts: 13,233
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2012 8:47:25 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/8/2012 6:42:41 AM, 000ike wrote:
Stewpid_Monkey = Abstractposters = The_Fool_on_the_hill

Can we do an IP check? This will prove that The_Fool speaks with bad grammar on purpose, which means he is a troll after all

Abstractposters is not a multi, though he may be skirting close to a ban anyway. 'Trolling' is fairly arbitrary, but he has been warned about poor voting conduct... So hopefully that will stop, as well as some of these debates being spammed.
Debate.org Moderator