Jump to topic:

Intellectuals and DDO

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2012 3:31:38 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
If you are an intellectual (and regard yourself as such), post a comment below with a proposal for a debate. Anything.

Religion. Philosophy. Economics. Literature. Art. Logic. ANYTHING!

ESPECIALLY:

Foreign Relations
Political Theory
Political matters in general

Send me a challenge! If it's something I'm totally ignorant about (like Dragon Ball Z, or comic books other than Watchmen, or the correct way to lobotomize a penguin -animal cruelty is WRONG!) I'll probably not accept because neither you or I would enjoy the exercise, but seriously, let's be creative here.

I'm also down for story debates. I especially like those.

I'll wait for your challenges.

Look at it this way: I'm an easy target! I use big words and argue obscure concepts in ways that make sense to no one other than me! You're practically guaranteed to win!
Tsar of DDO
JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2012 3:37:45 AM
At 8/7/2012 3:31:38 AM, YYW wrote:
If you are an intellectual (and regard yourself as such), post a comment below with a proposal for a debate. Anything.

ESPECIALLY:

Foreign Relations
Political Theory

Send me a challenge! If it's something I'm totally ignorant about (like Dragon Ball Z, or comic books other than Watchmen, or the correct way to lobotomize a penguin -animal cruelty is WRONG!) I'll probably not accept because neither you or I would enjoy the exercise, but seriously, let's be creative here.

Look at it this way: I'm an easy target! I use big words and argue obscure concepts in ways that make sense to no one other than me! You're practically guaranteed to win!

How about...

"Pro will lose this debate."

I'll be Pro.
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2012 3:39:13 AM
At 8/7/2012 3:37:45 AM, JaxsonRaine wrote:

ESPECIALLY:

Foreign Relations
Political Theory

How about...

I'll be Pro.

I'll await your instigation.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2012 3:43:21 AM
At 8/7/2012 3:40:14 AM, FREEDO wrote:
Marijuana Cures Cancer.

I'm the only one I've seen debate this. Needs more attention.

I hate to say it, but I am totally ignorant about that. I know a lot about pot -about how freaking awesome it is- but I don't even begin to know how to go about debating this. However, I don't think you should have to have cancer as an excuse to smoke pot. Everyone should try it once, just for the experience.
Tsar of DDO
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2012 3:51:44 AM
I'm typically up for a debate or 2 on education policy. For instance, we ought to implement a different marking scheme in tests - confidence assessment marking. Various other areas of educational policy exist of course, such as designing education around spaced presentation as opposed to massed presentation (methods of revision) due to arguments based on memory retention.

There's a whole host of topics of interest. PM me if you're interested and we can work something out.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2012 3:54:22 AM
At 8/7/2012 3:51:44 AM, Logic_on_rails wrote:
I'm typically up for a debate or 2 on education policy. For instance, we ought to implement a different marking scheme in tests - confidence assessment marking. Various other areas of educational policy exist of course, such as designing education around spaced presentation as opposed to massed presentation (methods of revision) due to arguments based on memory retention.

There's a whole host of topics of interest. PM me if you're interested and we can work something out.

Just invent a resolution and instigate the debate. I'm down with education reform. You may pick your side and your issue.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2012 4:08:22 AM
At 8/7/2012 3:55:17 AM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
Where do we disagree?

I don't think there is a single issue in the world on which we disagree, but if you want to attack anything with your nihilism ray gun (lol, btw.) just tell me what you want me to argue. I'm happy to argue for things I don't believe in or support.
Tsar of DDO
JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2012 4:10:50 AM
At 8/7/2012 3:39:13 AM, YYW wrote:

ESPECIALLY:

Foreign Relations
Political Theory

How about...

I'll be Pro.

Trolololol, sent
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2012 4:30:12 AM
At 8/7/2012 4:08:22 AM, YYW wrote:
Where do we disagree?

I don't think there is a single issue in the world on which we disagree, but if you want to attack anything with your nihilism ray gun (lol, btw.) just tell me what you want me to argue. I'm happy to argue for things I don't believe in or support.

Devil's Advocacy is boring unless you're trolling... :(
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2012 4:36:11 AM
At 8/7/2012 4:30:12 AM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
Where do we disagree?

Ok, think of something to argue about. Post it here. I'll look forward to the proffering of your creativity.

Although I can troll. I think I'm a rather good troll. Others disagree... but they are wrong... perhaps.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2012 4:36:46 AM
At 8/7/2012 4:10:50 AM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 8/7/2012 3:39:13 AM, YYW wrote:

ESPECIALLY:

Foreign Relations
Political Theory

How about...

I'll be Pro.

Trolololol, sent

I have responded. The fate of DDO is in the voters hands now.
Tsar of DDO
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2012 4:38:30 AM
At 8/7/2012 4:36:11 AM, YYW wrote:
Where do we disagree?

Ok, think of something to argue about. Post it here. I'll look forward to the proffering of your creativity.

Although I can troll. I think I'm a rather good troll. Others disagree... but they are wrong... perhaps.

Oh, I meant that I don't want to do one of those kinds of debates. :P
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2012 4:55:12 AM
At 8/7/2012 4:38:30 AM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 8/7/2012 4:36:11 AM, YYW wrote:
Where do we disagree?

Oh, I meant that I don't want to do one of those kinds of debates. :P

So... let's find something to disagree about then. Imagine that! Only on DDO can two people actively seek out conflict in such an [faux]ostentatious way! rofl The novelty is overwhelming.

Think of something, and I'll tell you if I actually agree or disagree with it. If you really push hard enough, I do lean (ever so slightly) to the left.
Tsar of DDO