Jump to topic:

THE JOSH ISSUE has been RESOLVED!

Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2008 6:16:12 AM
Posted: 8 years ago
Debate.org, many of the Cleaners that have been servicing you have decided not to give in to the terrorist.

The terrorist's demands were that we stop voting and commenting on your debates, and allow his group to do so in our stead. They are a conservative group that enjoys voting against liberals, regardless of whether or not they deserve to lose or not. They also treat all 7 awardable points as one category.

We have all decided that instead of giving in to the terrorist's demands, we will continue to vote and comment on your debates, being fair, and giving productive advice. By doing this, we allow the terrorist to make new accounts in order to votebomb us, making all our debates losses.

You can see that my very own win rate is 0 our of almost 100 debates. This is but a small sacrifice.

Please, do post up requests for debates you want to be reviewed!
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
antisemantic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2008 7:03:31 AM
This is a complete lie. There was an offer, cleaners disband and the CWO would do the same. There is NO room for two groups or any groups period on this site. The cleaners will not disband. The CWO will not disband. NO WHERE in the talks did the CWO imply in ANY way that after the cleaners disbanded they would continue to be a group in any way.

The new CWO was formed ONLY to counter act the cleaners.

Semantics against new users is the issue at hand.

Too many times new users have come to this site looking for some debates. And too many times one of the elitists have used sleazy tricks to confuse the debate and soon after the new user leaves and never comes back. This not only hurts the site but it also gives this site a BAD name in the on line debate community, and blogs and forums ALL over the web.

Please join the CWO to rid ourselves of these sleazy individuals.

The CWO will help in every way to return the debates to there original standings if an agreement is met.
Good. Someday, and that day may never come, I'll call upon you to do a service for me. But, until that day, accept this justice as a gift on my daughter's wedding day.
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2008 7:04:51 AM
At 10/30/2008 6:16:12 AM, Kleptin wrote:
Debate.org, many of the Cleaners that have been servicing you have decided not to give in to the terrorist.

The terrorist's demands were that we stop voting and commenting on your debates, and allow his group to do so in our stead. They are a conservative group that enjoys voting against liberals, regardless of whether or not they deserve to lose or not. They also treat all 7 awardable points as one category.

We have all decided that instead of giving in to the terrorist's demands, we will continue to vote and comment on your debates, being fair, and giving productive advice. By doing this, we allow the terrorist to make new accounts in order to votebomb us, making all our debates losses.

You can see that my very own win rate is 0 our of almost 100 debates. This is but a small sacrifice.

Here, here to that!
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2008 7:07:15 AM

Well stated Kleptin.
Rezzealaux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2008 7:13:14 AM

10/10
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2008 8:00:24 AM
hurrah for Kleptin
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2008 8:45:05 AM
At 10/30/2008 7:03:31 AM, antisemantic wrote:
This is a complete lie.
Do look at the win rate :D

Can't be a complete lie, lol.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2008 10:42:38 AM
The terrorist's demands were that we stop voting and commenting on your debates
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2008 2:47:46 PM
Ignore the terrorist pig trying to spread propaganda. Too many innocent debaters have suffered at his hands. My debates were voted all the way to 0 by his sleazy, underhanded tactics. Same thing with many other debaters.

The terrorist admits this is his doing, thus we cannot trust a word he says. Why should you trust your debates in the hands of a group led by someone who will perform such dishonorable deeds for questionable aims?

That is why despite his sneaky offer to restore our win rates in exchange for disbanding the only honorable group, The Cleaners will NOT give in. We will gladly give up our win rates to protect the rest of the site from the terrorist's malevolence.

The Cleaners are ready to serve you, debate.org. We will supply you with a hoard of knowledge. Let the best debaters on the site give actual comments and insight to new debaters. Please request our aid!

We are also recruiting. You can find our member list on my profile. Unlike this terrorist group, you will always know exactly who is in our group. We do not have any underhanded schemes, we do not have skeletons in the closet, we do not have anything to hide. Come join us! The only requirements are that you

1. Be active
2. Read debates and vote on them based on the 4 categories.
3. Always give a detailed and intelligent explanation of your votes
4. Give advice

Help us show this terrorist that we don't care about win rates, we only want to debate and have fun!
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
Harlan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2008 4:04:29 PM
At 10/30/2008 4:02:27 PM, knick-knack wrote:
So if Josh shows up again...

Then I guess it's not Resolved.

Ten bucks says he tries it again.
Anyone take me on it?

Wait, so the "Josh problem" is Josh existing? Im confused. And what is he going to try again?
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2008 4:44:28 PM
At 10/30/2008 4:02:27 PM, knick-knack wrote:
So if Josh shows up again...

Then I guess it's not Resolved.

Ten bucks says he tries it again.
Anyone take me on it?

Josh is vote bombing our members as we speak. The issue is resolved because we decided that we don't care about our win ratios and instead, want to dedicate ourselves to voting/commenting on other debates and helping new debaters grow.

SehkseaGineus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2014 2:36:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Make a forum entitled "RationalMadman is a lie" make your first post "I have proof". The first to do this wins. The second to do this wins more. The third to do this loses. The fourth and all remaining people proceed to round 2. The first skips to round 3. The second skips to round 4. Good luck not being #3 ;)