2 Questions about the website

Ducky
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2012 1:58:55 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Hello, fellow debaters!

I really enjoy this website, but I find my time for it wont be available, since I am going to college soon, and going for a job interview tomorrow.

1: How can I deactivate this account?

2: After de-activation, is there a way I can re-activate this particular account, or do I have to make a new one?

Thanks in advance!
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2012 1:59:42 PM
You can simply not log-on and choose not to participate if you cannot due to some strenuous condition, Ducky...
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2012 2:03:05 PM
But to deactivate your account, go to "My Settings" and on that page--"DEACTIVATE ACCOUNT", where you may be forced to provide a reason for your unfortunate departure as well as lend your password before doing so.

To-reactivate it, simply log on...I believe.

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Ducky
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2012 2:04:34 PM
At 8/9/2012 2:03:05 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
But to deactivate your account, go to "My Settings" and on that page--"DEACTIVATE ACCOUNT", where you may be forced to provide a reason for your unfortunate departure as well as lend your password before doing so.

Thank you! And I understand your logic, but I'd just rather appear unavailable for any sort of challenge regarding my beliefs, or what have you.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2012 2:06:39 PM
At 8/9/2012 2:04:34 PM, Ducky wrote:
At 8/9/2012 2:03:05 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

Thank you! And I understand your logic, but I'd just rather appear unavailable for any sort of challenge regarding my beliefs, or what have you.

Well, being offline for a quite a stretch or interval alone indicates that you are unavailable for any challenge or affront...:-)

No one would choose to challenge an offline person...who hasn't been on the site for quite some time.