Jump to topic:

Where did the funny fellow go?

FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 8:46:18 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Yeah. He never made a thread for it. Which probably means it's a legit leave.

I think he was a valuable member. People were really stupid to him.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 8:50:38 PM
At 8/13/2012 8:46:18 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Yeah. He never made a thread for it. Which probably means it's a legit leave.

I think he was a valuable member. People were really stupid to him.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 8:51:22 PM
People hated charles because he was communist. I liked his posts even though he was an authoritarian communist and I used to be an Anarchist Communist.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 8:53:34 PM
At 8/13/2012 8:51:22 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
People hated charles because he was communist. I liked his posts even though he was an authoritarian communist and I used to be an Anarchist Communist.

I think they disliked him because of the long-winded verbosity. Though, that really doesn't justify how they treated him
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 8:54:19 PM
At 8/13/2012 8:53:34 PM, 000ike wrote:

I think they disliked him because of the long-winded verbosity. Though, that really doesn't justify how they treated him

I'm sure they would have let it slide if he had been a Libertarian.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 8:56:35 PM
His long posts is what made him such a good member. He put lots of effort and thought into everything he said. This is not only in the spirit of a debater but it also gave him a distinctive persona. All popular members have something about them which give them a distinctive persona.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 9:25:39 PM

Used to be?

What are you now?
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 9:59:22 PM
The Fool: He didn't seem to actually argue anything ever, but just plethora of unfalsibiable opinions and sarcasm. I couldn't get any form out of it that wasn't of emotion of pure subjectivity. They seemed more like rants, then anything. At least in the forums.
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 10:04:14 PM

The Fool: Is this actually RoyalPaladin? I will test you.

As a Fool, I have no idea what "authoritarian communist" or "Anarchist Communist mean." is. What are they anyway?
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2012 12:34:13 AM
I will say that I did not care much for all the needlessly added words (though I did channel him in a post a few days ago), but apart from that, he wasn't any worse than many members on DDO.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"