Jump to topic:

Ignore function

Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2009 6:01:50 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
Would it ever be possible to add an ignore function, where once you have fully given up on another member and are certain you will never get any sense out of them you simply click ignore and either you can't see there posts or they are replaced by a 'you have this member on ignore?'

Just a thought!
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2009 7:44:15 AM
I would love an Ignore function!!! I would also love it if people were able to see what members ignored them (so they didn't waste their time).
President of DDO
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2009 9:48:57 AM
Cool... so do the powers that be read this... or shall I email them? I don't expect it to suddenly appear overnight obviously!
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2009 11:32:59 AM
At 9/8/2009 9:48:57 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Cool... so do the powers that be read this... or shall I email them? I don't expect it to suddenly appear overnight obviously!

We have a theory that Phil can't code, that he had someone who is now not working for Webcorp. Otherwise, Phil isn't dedicating much time to this website until revenue picks up.

In all consideration, it wouldn't be too hard to implement. We already have a block feature. If it extended to "I do not wish to see this members posts" "I do not wish to see this members comments on debates"and you just check the boxes, it would be efficient, easy, and simple to make.

E-mail the Webmaster (If you have the e-mail).See what he says about it.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2009 8:58:50 PM
Best DDO suggestion I've heard since the voting page reforms. It sure beats instructional signatures.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
JustCallMeTarzan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2009 9:23:45 PM
Anyone out there proficient in scripting for greasemonkey??

All we have to do is write a greasemonkey plugin that just doesn't display any <table> tag with DATCMOTO in it and poof - he's gone from the forums.
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2009 9:31:27 PM
At 9/8/2009 9:23:45 PM, JustCallMeTarzan wrote:
Anyone out there proficient in scripting for greasemonkey??

I know someonejohn is... he used it a few months ago to make colour, bold and italics available in debates.
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"Satan goes to church, did you know that?" - Godsands

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2009 3:54:46 AM
At 9/8/2009 6:01:50 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Would it ever be possible to add an ignore function, where once you have fully given up on another member and are certain you will never get any sense out of them you simply click ignore and either you can't see there posts or they are replaced by a 'you have this member on ignore?'

Just a thought!

Yeah.. we could have an ignore under 18s or under 16s or anyone with a daft icon function.. the possibilities are endless.
The Cross.. the Cross.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2009 3:56:03 AM
At 9/8/2009 6:01:50 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

Question 1)

Does A single solitary homosexual desire AUTOMATICALLY make one always a homosexual forever and ever?

YES/NO/DON'T KNOW
The Cross.. the Cross.