Jump to topic:

Interactive Story

PoeJoe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2008 11:44:25 PM
Posted: 8 years ago
This is an interactive story in which I'll write a few paragraphs, and you, the audience member, get to choose (out of a list of options) what happens next.

To avoid this becoming a +1 thread, please leave an explanation for why you chose the choice you made.

With that said, let us begin.

---- The Story ----

Jack was optimistic. He felt good about school, because it was the start of a new semester at Drundland High. He felt good about love, because he had begun speaking with a girl, Judy, who he thought he had a real chance with. He felt good about his future, because he had been accepted to his dream college.

Things were looking up. It was his senior year of high school, and nothing could stop him from achieving his dreams, goals, and aspirations. He was ready. He was pumped. And he had passion.

As Jack sat at the back of the bus like he normally did, he saw Judy walk in. She looked angry, as if something horrible had happened. Her face was a bright red, and tear stains marked her beautiful face. She saw Jack, nodded horizontally, and sat in the front row, far away from Jack.

'What could that mean?' he wondered.

What does Jack do?
a) Stay in the back of the bus.
b) Go sit next to her and say nothing.
c) Go sit next to her and initiate a random, arbitrary conversation.
d) Go sit next to her and initiate a conversation about her sadness.
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2008 9:14:29 AM
C.

Reasoning- Process of elimination.

A and B can be eliminated because they don't seem to be very active.

D is a bad way to start a relationship, because you begin as a "friend" rather than a potential boyfriend.

C is the best choice, especially if it is a random, amusing, interesting conversation. It presents you as a novel and spontaneous person, which is naturally attractive to women. She would most likely be appreciative because although she was crying before, she is not crying now, and is simply frustrated.
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
Harlan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2008 7:35:39 PM
Ha, this is like Enclyclopedia Brown, or whatever. It would be better if you a) presented it in the second person, and b), not make it multiple choice, but just let them come up with whatever course of action they want. It would be like a text-adventure game, execpt instead of a lousy computer you're interacting with, its a human, with a better sense of humor. That could be very interesting/hillarious.
Harlan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2008 7:38:01 PM
Oh yeah, and I would have answered "A", because its not reality so why bother. Screw whats-her-name, she doesn't even exist. And if she doesn't exist, why should I bother cheering her up? So I am content to sit on the back of the bus, thank you.
Logical-Master
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2008 8:03:23 PM
B = extremely awkward ride to school.
C = Would piss Judy off, given that she is obviously heavily concerned with something else. Not wise.
D = And be bogged down with someone else's problem? Hell no. :D
Besides, who knows what weirdo could be ease dropping. If this is to be pursued, it best be pursued in a place more discreet.

A all the way! besides, I here you can usually find a good game of Mario Kart DS going if you hang around the back of the bus.

Is it okay if I continue the story? It would seem you aren't interested in knitting the rest of the quilt.
Logical-Master
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2008 8:05:27 PM
Just kidding about the first part of 'D.' Well, somewhat, depending on the circumstances. I would need a better evaluation of Jack's psyche before I could elaborate further.

I am serious about the second part of my answer though.
Logical-Master
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2008 8:11:11 PM
Something tells me that this will be one of those threads where no one responds. Pity.

What so great about discussing abortion 9000+ times anyway? :(
Logical-Master
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2008 8:20:37 PM
If you do continue, pick A. The other ones are way too cliche. I feel "A" has promise and is more original. Besides, Harlan and I outnumber Kleptin . :D
funnybrad333
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2008 8:35:06 PM
I choose B.

Although you may not initiate the conversation, she will say something along the lines of "what do you want?!?". And then you say something smooth and BAMM you're in her panties.
If I didn't answer what you said, try bolding the important part.
PoeJoe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2008 10:42:21 PM
At 11/1/2008 8:11:11 PM, Logical-Master wrote:
Something tells me that this will be one of those threads where no one responds.

I was out all day performing in a field show competition. (Band geeks rule!)

I'll write the next part tomorrow morning.
PoeJoe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2008 9:09:08 AM
Jack considered his options.

He could get up and console Judy, but he deduced that doing so could lead to an awkward conversation. Their relationship was new and fresh, and he could think of no reason to taint it from the beginning. 'She needs some personal time to reflect on what has happened to her,' he thought. 'I should just leave her alone.' And so he did.

Having no one to converse with, he looked around, and began to notice the disparity of the scene. The bus was murky, old and tattered from abuse. He could smell the reminiscence of coffee on the threadbare seat directly in front of him. Around him, his peers jovially continued their doings, as if they had no other cares in the world outside of then. And the bus continued on as well, moving on from house to house. The world continued being, while Jack continued to contemplate. 'What if Judy really needs me right now?' he thought

But it wouldn't matter, because the bus finally arrived at Drundland High.

When the doors opened, Jack saw Judy scurry off, almost in a frantic panic. She hid her face with an old Algebra book, and took small, but fast and powerful steps. Instinctively, Jack rushed to follow, pushing his fellow peers to the side when necessary.

Outside of the bus, he felt the cool fresh air pull at the sweat on his forehead. The wind briefly confused him. It would take him a few seconds to realize it was winter.

But he was digressing. Where was Judy? Where was Judy?

What does Jack do?
As suggested by Harlan, this time, suggest ideas. I'll pick one.

It has been brought to my attention that this writing coincides with National Novel Writing Month. This is entirely coincidental. Obviously, if I continue at this rate, I will have no more than ten pages by the end of this month.
Logical-Master
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2008 11:07:27 AM
At 11/2/2008 9:09:08 AM, PoeJoe wrote:

He could get up and console Judy, but he deduced that doing so could lead to an awkward conversation. Their relationship was new and fresh, and he could think of no reason to taint it from the beginning. 'She needs some personal time to reflect on what has happened to her,' he thought. 'I should just leave her alone.' And so he did.

Having no one to converse with, he looked around, and began to notice the disparity of the scene. The bus was murky, old and tattered from abuse. He could smell the reminiscence of coffee on the threadbare seat directly in front of him. Around him, his peers jovially continued their doings, as if they had no other cares in the world outside of then. And the bus continued on as well, moving on from house to house. The world continued being, while Jack continued to contemplate. 'What if Judy really needs me right now?' he thought

When the doors opened, Jack saw Judy scurry off, almost in a frantic panic. She hid her face with an old Algebra book, and took small, but fast and powerful steps. Instinctively, Jack rushed to follow, pushing his fellow peers to the side when necessary.

Outside of the bus, he felt the cool fresh air pull at the sweat on his forehead. The wind briefly confused him. It would take him a few seconds to realize it was winter.

What does Jack do?

It has been brought to my attention that this writing coincides with National Novel Writing Month. This is entirely coincidental. Obviously, if I continue at this rate, I will have no more than ten pages by the end of this month.

Heh! Do you happen to write fanfictions as well? If so, we'd only have more in common.

At any rate, I'd prefer if the readers got to continue picking routes in which the story would go (not to mention that this would you give you the opportunity to improve your writing skills if you aren't the one who has creative control of the story), but if you insist . . .

A) Jack should head to class and catch up on his materials rather than waste time dawdling around the hallways ( given that he wants to maintain a high GPA).

B) Jack should go to Judy and start up an arbitrary conversation. Maybe even make a joke about her covering her face with a book.

C) Jack should buy himself a snack from the vending machine and forget all about what's her name. After all, breakfast is the most important meal of the day.

D) Jack should confront Judy and ask her what's wrong and if he can do anything make her feel better.

E) Jack should confront Judy, ask her what's wrong, and give sympathetic ear (merely listen to her problems).

F) Jack should confront Judy and tell her that her sniveling attitude is sickening to him (who knows, if Judy is really submissive, she might get turned on by this. Probably not, but it MIGHT work).

I suppose it wouldn't hurt to go the route of D or E at this point, but I really think you should change this back to an interactive story. :D
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2008 12:01:52 PM
I'm really liking F :P

I have a feeling that LM is right, she seems to be the submissive type who enjoys being dominated ^^
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
Mr.Alex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2008 12:19:50 PM
At 11/2/2008 11:07:27 AM, Logical-Master wrote:

What does Jack do?

Heh! Do you happen to write fanfictions as well? If so, we'd only have more in common.

At any rate, I'd prefer if the readers got to continue picking routes in which the story would go (not to mention that this would you give you the opportunity to improve your writing skills if you aren't the one who has creative control of the story), but if you insist . . .

A) Jack should head to class and catch up on his materials rather than waste time dawdling around the hallways ( given that he wants to maintain a high GPA).

B) Jack should go to Judy and start up an arbitrary conversation. Maybe even make a joke about her covering her face with a book.

C) Jack should buy himself a snack from the vending machine and forget all about what's her name. After all, breakfast is the most important meal of the day.

D) Jack should confront Judy and ask her what's wrong and if he can do anything make her feel better.

E) Jack should confront Judy, ask her what's wrong, and give sympathetic ear (merely listen to her problems).

F) Jack should confront Judy and tell her that her sniveling attitude is sickening to him (who knows, if Judy is really submissive, she might get turned on by this. Probably not, but it MIGHT work).

I suppose it wouldn't hurt to go the route of D or E at this point, but I really think you should change this back to an interactive story. :D

E is the most logically answer. Obvisouly Jack views Judy in a romantic light, so the best thing to do is let her know he cares. Often the most probelmatic relationships are caused by poor communication, or downright zero communication. Jack needs to show Judy he cares about whatever is ailing her.
http://s256.photobucket.com...
Final Fantasy Fan (FFF)
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2008 1:57:25 PM

What does Jack do?

A. Seeks out Judy mentions that she was upset, asks why, if she avoids the question he suggests that they skip school and and grab some coffee and biscuits at a nearby restaurant.

B. If she goes into a crying fit he lets her fall into his arms as he slowly caresses her hair and tells her that he cares for her. Smoothly as she is in his arms he slowly kisses her on the forehead. Upon reaction proceeds to kiss her on the lips.

C. He wusses out and goes to first period.

D. He catches up with her and spontaneously serenades her which then turns the entire scene into a bizzare disney musical atmosphere. The rest of the students join in and the entire school bursts into song. It classically ends with him kissing her and the applause of the entire school.

E. He pursues a less sulky but still better looking girl who sat one seat behind her.

F. He skips school rushes to the nearby florist and buys a boquet of her favorite flowers (Daisies). He then delivers then delivers the flowers along with a small card saying "I noticed you were sad today, I hope these make you feel better. Love, Jack" to her.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
Logical-Master
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2008 9:17:50 PM
"He catches up with her and spontaneously serenades her which then turns the entire scene into a bizzare disney musical atmosphere. The rest of the students join in and the entire school bursts into song. It classically ends with him kissing her and the applause of the entire school."

Yes, Jack and the rest of the students would just happen to know the lyrics to some song Jack just made up . . . not to mention that all of them would know when and how exactly to dance in unison for this particular song. :D
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2008 4:38:22 AM
At 11/2/2008 9:17:50 PM, Logical-Master wrote:
"He catches up with her and spontaneously serenades her which then turns the entire scene into a bizzare disney musical atmosphere. The rest of the students join in and the entire school bursts into song. It classically ends with him kissing her and the applause of the entire school."

Yes, Jack and the rest of the students would just happen to know the lyrics to some song Jack just made up . . . not to mention that all of them would know when and how exactly to dance in unison for this particular song. :D

Apparently you've never watched much Disney as a child.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
Harlan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2008 12:40:16 PM
A) Jack Slays a dragon

B) Jack solves a murder mystery

C) Jack has a matrix kung-fu fight with ninja para-troopers

I pick "A".