Total Posts:12|Showing Posts:1-12
Jump to topic:

Why do I suck?

PoeJoe
Posts: 3,822
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2008 9:53:45 AM
Posted: 9 years ago
At 11/1/2008 9:51:42 AM, funnybrad333 wrote:
I have a under .500 record. Wtf? Why do I suck so much?

I assume that is some sports statistic?

Anyway, you suck because you do. That simple.
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
JBlake
Posts: 4,634
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2008 9:54:39 AM
Posted: 9 years ago
I would guess that in many debates you make outrageous claims that you do not support, such as your claim that Obama=bad.

I was, however, very surpised by your ability on some philosophical debates and even voted in your favor.
funnybrad333
Posts: 221
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2008 9:57:37 AM
Posted: 9 years ago
At 11/1/2008 9:53:45 AM, PoeJoe wrote:
At 11/1/2008 9:51:42 AM, funnybrad333 wrote:
I have a under .500 record. Wtf? Why do I suck so much?

I assume that is some sports statistic?

Anyway, you suck because you do. That simple.

.500 is a percentile. In baseball, batting 1.000 (pronounced 1,000) means you hit every time you are up to bat; you are essentially perfect. .500 is the mediocre line, no more wins than losses and no more losses than wins. The problem is that I have more losses than wins...
If I didn't answer what you said, try bolding the important part.
funnybrad333
Posts: 221
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2008 9:59:56 AM
Posted: 9 years ago
At 11/1/2008 9:54:39 AM, JBlake wrote:
I would guess that in many debates you make outrageous claims that you do not support, such as your claim that Obama=bad.

I was, however, very surpised by your ability on some philosophical debates and even voted in your favor.

Why thank you, I hope you sincerely mean that.

You are a master debater as well.

But please explain to me why Obama would be a good president, or any liberal for that matter.
If I didn't answer what you said, try bolding the important part.
JBlake
Posts: 4,634
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2008 10:31:05 AM
Posted: 9 years ago
That isn't what I meant. It isn't that he would necessarily make a great president. It is that the claims you made against him were unfounded, and more importantly you did not include evidence to support them.

And yes, I did mean what I said.
Dnick94
Posts: 273
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2008 4:39:57 PM
Posted: 9 years ago
At 11/1/2008 9:51:42 AM, funnybrad333 wrote:
I have a under .500 record. Wtf? Why do I suck so much?

Most of the Cleaners have under .500 win ratio too.
"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them."
-Albert Einstein
UtherPenguin
Posts: 4,087
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 1:27:36 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
BEHOLD! THE FIRST FORUM.....i think?
I bear witness that there is no God but Allah and that Muhammad (peace and blessing be upon him) is his messenger.
-GreyParrot
SebUK
Posts: 885
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 1:32:21 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/24/2015 1:27:36 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
BEHOLD! THE FIRST FORUM.....i think?

Nope the first forum was started by the moderator at the time.
UtherPenguin
Posts: 4,087
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 1:33:33 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/24/2015 1:32:21 PM, SebUK wrote:
At 1/24/2015 1:27:36 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
BEHOLD! THE FIRST FORUM.....i think?

Nope the first forum was started by the moderator at the time.

Do you have a link to the first forum or is it closed?
I bear witness that there is no God but Allah and that Muhammad (peace and blessing be upon him) is his messenger.
-GreyParrot
SebUK
Posts: 885
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 1:59:04 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/24/2015 1:33:33 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
At 1/24/2015 1:32:21 PM, SebUK wrote:
At 1/24/2015 1:27:36 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
BEHOLD! THE FIRST FORUM.....i think?

Nope the first forum was started by the moderator at the time.

Do you have a link to the first forum or is it closed?

It's been bumped a few times before, it's not closed. I think you can find it in Imabench's history thread.
UtherPenguin
Posts: 4,087
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 2:01:30 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/24/2015 1:59:04 PM, SebUK wrote:
At 1/24/2015 1:33:33 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
At 1/24/2015 1:32:21 PM, SebUK wrote:
At 1/24/2015 1:27:36 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
BEHOLD! THE FIRST FORUM.....i think?

Nope the first forum was started by the moderator at the time.

Do you have a link to the first forum or is it closed?

It's been bumped a few times before, it's not closed. I think you can find it in Imabench's history thread.

BEHOLD: THE ACTUAL FIRST FORUM: http://www.debate.org...
I bear witness that there is no God but Allah and that Muhammad (peace and blessing be upon him) is his messenger.
-GreyParrot