Jump to topic:

Non-Alterable Text in Certain Posts

CriticalThinkingMachine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2012 1:23:13 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
When I want to post an argument or arguments for a debate round, I am able to bold, italicize, and underline words by clicking on something that says "rich text". Yet this clickable is missing from forum posts and comment posts. If one tries to type a post in Microsoft word first, alter it (by bolding, italicizing, or underlining words) and then copy and paste it into the box on the site for forum or comment posts, those alterations become negated once entered. (If you don't believe me, try it yourself.)

Why does this inconsistency exist and why does the site keep negating my text alterations.
CriticalThinkingMachine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2012 1:43:02 AM
At 8/29/2012 1:30:50 AM, Zaradi wrote:
WHY THE FVCK DO YOU CARE ABOUT that stuff? It's pointless. No one does it.

Thank you for your very polite response.

It may not be extremely important but it is certainly not pointless. If it were, then why is there a "rich text" option for debate posts?

When you say "No one does it" do you mean no one alters their text, which is obviously false (take a look at any debate) or do you mean that no one attempts to alter their text for forum posts or comment posts but is negated by the site, which you could never know unless you hacked into everybody's computer to look into their Microsoft word documents?

Next time spend more than two seconds thinking about something before you make asinine statements.
CriticalThinkingMachine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2012 1:49:13 AM
At 8/29/2012 1:30:50 AM, Zaradi wrote:
WHY THE FVCK DO YOU CARE ABOUT that stuff? It's pointless. No one does it.

I like how you insulted me while simultaneously proving me right.