Total Posts:35|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

TheSkeptic im calling you out

moonshine311111
Posts: 6
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2009 2:30:06 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
i havent been on for a while because i've been ashamed..TheSkeptic owned my butt in not 1 but 2 debates, so i've been practicing my debating skill and i have a new style..im no longer debating for christians but now im debating for logic..logic beats religion in every aspect..i,ve debated 10 people outside of this website and i have won all ten debates. so i challenge TheSkeptic in a debate( a rematch if you wish), theskeptic, i've been studying every aspect and skill of debating since we had our last debate. if your willing then debate my new self. ive practiced through creative writing as well. one of the ten people i won a debate to was a mormon teacher. i used wit and logic instead of the bible, im now an atheist. TheSkeptic if u read this i want you to accept a debate with me..and this time i will do anything too win.
studentathletechristian8
Posts: 5,810
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2009 2:35:28 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/12/2009 2:30:06 PM, moonshine311111 wrote:
i havent been on for a while because i've been ashamed..TheSkeptic owned my butt in not 1 but 2 debates, so i've been practicing my debating skill and i have a new style..im no longer debating for christians but now im debating for logic..logic beats religion in every aspect..i,ve debated 10 people outside of this website and i have won all ten debates. so i challenge TheSkeptic in a debate( a rematch if you wish), theskeptic, i've been studying every aspect and skill of debating since we had our last debate. if your willing then debate my new self. ive practiced through creative writing as well. one of the ten people i won a debate to was a mormon teacher. i used wit and logic instead of the bible, im now an atheist. TheSkeptic if u read this i want you to accept a debate with me..and this time i will do anything too win.

Obviously you have not worked on your spelling and grammar.
MTGandP
Posts: 702
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2009 3:17:54 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
This should be interesting.

At 9/12/2009 2:35:28 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
Obviously you have not worked on your spelling and grammar.

You're like my twin or something.
studentathletechristian8
Posts: 5,810
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2009 3:33:51 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/12/2009 3:17:54 PM, MTGandP wrote:
This should be interesting.

At 9/12/2009 2:35:28 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
Obviously you have not worked on your spelling and grammar.

You're like my twin or something.

I hate when people use improper English.
Alex
Posts: 2,058
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2009 3:39:21 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
i used wit and logic instead of the bible, im now an atheist.:

That's sad.

But your still gonna get owned by skeptic.
Why kill people who kill people to show that killing people is wrong?
Kleptin
Posts: 5,095
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2009 3:39:52 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/12/2009 3:09:21 PM, moonshine311111 wrote:

Obviously you have not worked on your spelling and grammar.


im just to tired right now to worry about my grammar

This isn't a suitable reason. How is it even possible to be too tired to type correctly? I've written papers after all-nighters. If you're capable of using grammar, you should be capable of using grammar even if you're tired. You'd have to have been awake for 2 or 3 days straight for it to have the effect you are alleging it had on you.
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
MTGandP
Posts: 702
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2009 3:40:48 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/12/2009 3:33:51 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
I hate when people use improper English.

We should have a debate about what grammatical error is the most frustrating. My money is on "it's". For all intensive purposes, it's affect on the world begs the question: after being three weeks old, your really going to eat there raw meat? (I just threw seven annoying errors into one sentence. Go me.)
moonshine311111
Posts: 6
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2009 3:56:07 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/12/2009 3:39:52 PM, Kleptin wrote:
At 9/12/2009 3:09:21 PM, moonshine311111 wrote:

Obviously you have not worked on your spelling and grammar.


im just to tired right now to worry about my grammar

This isn't a suitable reason. How is it even possible to be too tired to type correctly? I've written papers after all-nighters. If you're capable of using grammar, you should be capable of using grammar even if you're tired. You'd have to have been awake for 2 or 3 days straight for it to have the effect you are alleging it had on you.

i have insomnia and on top of that i have to take an ADHD pill that makes me hyper. so yes, i have been up for 3 nights. thanks for the crude comment
Kleptin
Posts: 5,095
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2009 4:05:50 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/12/2009 3:56:07 PM, moonshine311111 wrote:
At 9/12/2009 3:39:52 PM, Kleptin wrote:
At 9/12/2009 3:09:21 PM, moonshine311111 wrote:

Obviously you have not worked on your spelling and grammar.


im just to tired right now to worry about my grammar

This isn't a suitable reason. How is it even possible to be too tired to type correctly? I've written papers after all-nighters. If you're capable of using grammar, you should be capable of using grammar even if you're tired. You'd have to have been awake for 2 or 3 days straight for it to have the effect you are alleging it had on you.

i have insomnia and on top of that i have to take an ADHD pill that makes me hyper. so yes, i have been up for 3 nights. thanks for the crude comment

The insomnia is a result of incorrect dosing for your ADHD. Most drugs indicated for ADHD are amphetamine derivatives which have a long systemic action on the central nervous system. Any doctor or pharmacist would have told you to take the dose upon waking up if you take it once daily. You've probably been taking your medication in the middle of the day, explaining your insomnia.

Also be aware that your insomnia could be the result of consuming tea, coffee, or other caffeinated products throughout the day, as they significantly add to the CNS stimulating effects of your medication.

What is the name of your ADHD pill and are you currently on any other medications? Are you taking any antidepressants or cough medicine?
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
studentathletechristian8
Posts: 5,810
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2009 4:08:46 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/12/2009 3:40:48 PM, MTGandP wrote:
At 9/12/2009 3:33:51 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
I hate when people use improper English.

We should have a debate about what grammatical error is the most frustrating. My money is on "it's". For all intensive purposes, it's affect on the world begs the question: after being three weeks old, your really going to eat there raw meat? (I just threw seven annoying errors into one sentence. Go me.)

I also hate when people use "it's" incorrectly. I get pretty annoyed when people mix up "your" and "you're" and when they misuse "their," "there," and "they're." i just despise that its hard too be able to unuse inproper grammer and speling. (I think I just topped you, MTGandP.
Xer
Posts: 7,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2009 4:18:33 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/12/2009 4:08:46 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 9/12/2009 3:40:48 PM, MTGandP wrote:
At 9/12/2009 3:33:51 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
I hate when people use improper English.

We should have a debate about what grammatical error is the most frustrating. My money is on "it's". For all intensive purposes, it's affect on the world begs the question: after being three weeks old, your really going to eat there raw meat? (I just threw seven annoying errors into one sentence. Go me.)

I also hate when people use "it's" incorrectly. I get pretty annoyed when people mix up "your" and "you're" and when they misuse "their," "there," and "they're." i just despise that its hard too be able to unuse inproper grammer and speling. (I think I just topped you, MTGandP.

I hate when people use 'anyways' instead of 'anyway'. Everyone uses 'anyways' though, which is quite annoying.
http://web.uvic.ca...
Kleptin
Posts: 5,095
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2009 4:19:10 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/12/2009 4:08:46 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 9/12/2009 3:40:48 PM, MTGandP wrote:
At 9/12/2009 3:33:51 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
I hate when people use improper English.

We should have a debate about what grammatical error is the most frustrating. My money is on "it's". For all intensive purposes, it's affect on the world begs the question: after being three weeks old, your really going to eat there raw meat? (I just threw seven annoying errors into one sentence. Go me.)

I also hate when people use "it's" incorrectly. I get pretty annoyed when people mix up "your" and "you're" and when they misuse "their," "there," and "they're." i just despise that its hard too be able to unuse inproper grammer and speling. (I think I just topped you, MTGandP.

n wut if i i typ lik dis? is dis rezun 4u 2 b mad at me? :P

I personally get more upset over spoken things like "axe" vs "ask", or when "w" is pronounced "dubloo".

I also dislike people who throw around the word "literally" to mean "figuratively" >.>
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
leet4A1
Posts: 1,986
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2009 4:24:32 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/12/2009 3:40:48 PM, MTGandP wrote:
At 9/12/2009 3:33:51 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
I hate when people use improper English.

We should have a debate about what grammatical error is the most frustrating. My money is on "it's". For all intensive purposes, it's affect on the world begs the question: after being three weeks old, your really going to eat there raw meat? (I just threw seven annoying errors into one sentence. Go me.)

What are the seven MGTP? I found five:

1. "Intensive" should be "intents and".
2. "It's" should be "its".
3. "Affect" should be "effect".
4. "Your" should be "you're".
5. "There" should be "their".
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"Satan goes to church, did you know that?" - Godsands

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
MTGandP
Posts: 702
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2009 5:54:58 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/12/2009 4:08:46 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
I also hate when people use "it's" incorrectly. I get pretty annoyed when people mix up "your" and "you're" and when they misuse "their," "there," and "they're." i just despise that its hard too be able to unuse inproper grammer and speling. (I think I just topped you, MTGandP.

I only count four. (Those spelling errors don't count since they're too easy. I counted the miscapitalization, but that's still a cheap one.)
MTGandP
Posts: 702
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2009 5:57:19 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/12/2009 4:24:32 PM, leet4A1 wrote:
At 9/12/2009 3:40:48 PM, MTGandP wrote:
At 9/12/2009 3:33:51 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
I hate when people use improper English.

We should have a debate about what grammatical error is the most frustrating. My money is on "it's". For all intensive purposes, it's affect on the world begs the question: after being three weeks old, your really going to eat there raw meat? (I just threw seven annoying errors into one sentence. Go me.)

What are the seven MGTP? I found five:

1. "Intensive" should be "intents and".
2. "It's" should be "its".
3. "Affect" should be "effect".
4. "Your" should be "you're".
5. "There" should be "their".

Sorry, there are actually six. The sixth is misuse of "begs the question". How did you miss that? :P
leet4A1
Posts: 1,986
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2009 6:00:28 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/12/2009 5:57:19 PM, MTGandP wrote:
At 9/12/2009 4:24:32 PM, leet4A1 wrote:
At 9/12/2009 3:40:48 PM, MTGandP wrote:
At 9/12/2009 3:33:51 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
I hate when people use improper English.

We should have a debate about what grammatical error is the most frustrating. My money is on "it's". For all intensive purposes, it's affect on the world begs the question: after being three weeks old, your really going to eat there raw meat? (I just threw seven annoying errors into one sentence. Go me.)

What are the seven MGTP? I found five:

1. "Intensive" should be "intents and".
2. "It's" should be "its".
3. "Affect" should be "effect".
4. "Your" should be "you're".
5. "There" should be "their".

Sorry, there are actually six. The sixth is misuse of "begs the question". How did you miss that? :P

I thought that was how it was used. Luckily I've never said "begs the question" in my life, or it probably would have been a misuse. :D
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"Satan goes to church, did you know that?" - Godsands

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2009 3:32:22 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/13/2009 3:04:13 AM, TheSkeptic wrote:
Sure, just PM or challenge me.

Oh!!!! ITS ON!!!!
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
MTGandP
Posts: 702
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2009 10:00:33 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/12/2009 4:19:10 PM, Kleptin wrote:
I also dislike people who throw around the word "literally" to mean "figuratively" >.>

God, I hate that so much. I have actually heard people say these things (a couple of them on national television):

"It literally blew my mind."

"The housing market in Holland is buoyant, literally."

"Join us at [company] when we will be slashing prices, literally."

"Literally, I've been devouring [this idea]."

"[Obama] is literally ripping apart the foundation of the America that we knew and grew up with."

"How do you then counter this irrational fear by some whites that they are literally losing their country?"
Rezzealaux
Posts: 2,251
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2009 10:03:18 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/13/2009 10:00:33 AM, MTGandP wrote:
At 9/12/2009 4:19:10 PM, Kleptin wrote:
I also dislike people who throw around the word "literally" to mean "figuratively" >.>
I've always taken that metaphorically, but....

God, I hate that so much. I have actually heard people say these things (a couple of them on national television):

"It literally blew my mind."

"The housing market in Holland is buoyant, literally."

"Join us at [company] when we will be slashing prices, literally."

"Literally, I've been devouring [this idea]."

"[Obama] is literally ripping apart the foundation of the America that we knew and grew up with."

"How do you then counter this irrational fear by some whites that they are literally losing their country?"
...this post gave me quite a few laughs when I used "literally" in the "right" way xDDDD
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
feverish
Posts: 2,716
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2009 11:47:33 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/12/2009 3:40:48 PM, MTGandP wrote:
At 9/12/2009 3:33:51 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
I hate when people use improper English.

We should have a debate about what grammatical error is the most frustrating. My money is on "it's". For all intensive purposes, it's affect on the world begs the question: after being three weeks old, your really going to eat there raw meat? (I just threw seven annoying errors into one sentence. Go me.)

with out being two pacific; im in too mine's about the hole storey: sum things our better herd orally too insure (they) aunt miss under stood.
MTGandP
Posts: 702
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2009 12:05:23 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/13/2009 11:47:33 AM, feverish wrote:
with out being two pacific; im in too mine's about the hole storey: sum things our better herd orally too insure (they) aunt miss under stood.

Oh, "insure" and a semicolon. Nice.

I find "insure" especially annoying because Kleptin does it.
JBlake
Posts: 4,634
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2009 12:11:49 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/13/2009 12:05:23 PM, MTGandP wrote:
At 9/13/2009 11:47:33 AM, feverish wrote:
with out being two pacific; im in too mine's about the hole storey: sum things our better herd orally too insure (they) aunt miss under stood.

Oh, "insure" and a semicolon. Nice.

I find "insure" especially annoying because Kleptin does it.

The words insure and ensure are interchangeable.

Insure:
1 : to provide or obtain insurance on or for
2 : to make certain especially by taking necessary measures and precautions
http://www.merriam-webster.com...

Ensure:
1. to secure or guarantee: This letter will ensure you a hearing.
2. to make sure or certain: measures to ensure the success of an undertaking.
3. to make secure or safe, as from harm.
4. insure (defs. 1–3).
http://dictionary.reference.com...
feverish
Posts: 2,716
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2009 12:21:27 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/13/2009 12:11:49 PM, JBlake wrote:
At 9/13/2009 12:05:23 PM, MTGandP wrote:
At 9/13/2009 11:47:33 AM, feverish wrote:
with out being two pacific; im in too mine's about the hole storey: sum things our better herd orally too insure (they) aunt miss under stood.

Oh, "insure" and a semicolon. Nice.

I find "insure" especially annoying because Kleptin does it.

The words insure and ensure are interchangeable.

Insure:
1 : to provide or obtain insurance on or for
2 : to make certain especially by taking necessary measures and precautions
http://www.merriam-webster.com...

Ensure:
1. to secure or guarantee: This letter will ensure you a hearing.
2. to make sure or certain: measures to ensure the success of an undertaking.
3. to make secure or safe, as from harm.
4. insure (defs. 1–3).
http://dictionary.reference.com...

Hmm, maybe an example of frequent misuse altering a definition. I'm still not paying for an ensurance policy though.

By the way I'm sure I make frequent unitentional <miss steaks> but this site is definitely helping.
rougeagent21
Posts: 80
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2009 2:35:12 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
"Has it ever occured to you that all religion has done is drive us into wars and (literally) fly us into buildings? If this is a reason we need a God then I must be an idiot."
-FemaleGamer

This as opposed to figuratively flying us into buildings?
"I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country." -Gen. Patton
leet4A1
Posts: 1,986
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2009 2:42:22 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/13/2009 2:35:12 PM, rougeagent21 wrote:
"Has it ever occured to you that all religion has done is drive us into wars and (literally) fly us into buildings? If this is a reason we need a God then I must be an idiot."
-FemaleGamer

This as opposed to figuratively flying us into buildings?

Hey, you stole my bit! I said that very same thing in the comments section of that debate.
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"Satan goes to church, did you know that?" - Godsands

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5