Jump to topic:

Live Debates on Thursday

Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2012 3:46:22 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Hopefully, fingers crossed, at 12 noon (DDO Time), we're going to have a debate again. Room is http://tinyurl.com... there, and if you go in, LordKnukle and Microsuck should be judges. They are in charge and are setting it all up, just for reference.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2012 4:33:45 PM
At 8/29/2012 3:46:22 PM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:
Hopefully, fingers crossed, at 12 noon (DDO Time), we're going to have a debate again. Room is http://tinyurl.com... there, and if you go in, LordKnukle and Microsuck should be judges. They are in charge and are setting it all up, just for reference.

Ugh I might be at work :( Maybe I will be sick that day... Hmm....
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2012 4:39:43 PM
Me and hitchslap are in the room ready to debate. We need a judge.
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2012 4:50:03 PM
Wow. TUF really is sexy!
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2012 4:51:44 PM
I am Judging.

Debate is in 15 minutes (so they have their prep time). Come on and let's watch! Also, it should be uploaded to youtube.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2012 5:08:24 PM
At 8/29/2012 4:50:03 PM, MouthWash wrote:
Wow. TUF really is sexy!

Don't I know it!!! ;-0
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2012 5:16:36 PM
Wow. TUF really is sexy!

+1 (he's really young though, I think that makes me a pedo?)
yang.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2012 5:29:24 PM
At 8/29/2012 4:33:45 PM, TUF wrote:

Is this a joke? Your going to take a sick day off of work to participate in a stupid debate, because S_H can't schedule it at a reasonable time, you know sometime AFTER people are out of work or school.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2012 5:30:26 PM
At 8/29/2012 5:29:24 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 8/29/2012 4:33:45 PM, TUF wrote:

Is this a joke? Your going to take a sick day off of work to participate in a stupid debate, because S_H can't schedule it at a reasonable time, you know sometime AFTER people are out of work or school.

This. Some people can't even find work. Wow.
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2012 5:51:57 PM
At 8/29/2012 5:16:36 PM, tulle wrote:
Wow. TUF really is sexy!

How is he young? He looks around twenty-five. I just have this conception of how everybody looks like in my mind, and TUF was way off. Lol.
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2012 5:52:19 PM
Wow. TUF really is sexy!

Wait, how old are you?
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2012 5:53:52 PM
At 8/29/2012 5:52:19 PM, MouthWash wrote:
Wow. TUF really is sexy!

Wait, how old are you?

I'm 23. According to his profile, TUF is like 19. Though I have thought he was cute for a while, and he's barely legal :p
yang.
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2012 5:58:32 PM
At 8/29/2012 5:53:52 PM, tulle wrote:
At 8/29/2012 5:52:19 PM, MouthWash wrote:
Wow. TUF really is sexy!

Wait, how old are you?

I'm 23. According to his profile, TUF is like 19. Though I have thought he was cute for a while, and he's barely legal :p

That's something that's always irked me. Would it be illegal for a 17 year-old who turns 18 tomorrow to have sex with someone who turned 18 yesterday? Even though they could do it before?
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2012 6:26:08 PM
TUF Won. The debate went unrecorded again cos my software buggered up and no-one else could record. Also, I did say beforehand my recording usually goes titts up.

TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2012 6:28:10 PM
These are pretty fun. There was a pretty big crowd this time. HitchSlap was definitely a challenge though, he is probably better with his words than me, and he didn't stutter as much.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2012 6:41:12 PM
I'll have to apologize for wasting the last part of the time trying to talk; I found out that not only there was no pop-up or even camera detected, Stephen. :(
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
TheHitchslap
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2012 6:42:37 PM
At 8/29/2012 6:28:10 PM, TUF wrote:
These are pretty fun. There was a pretty big crowd this time. HitchSlap was definitely a challenge though, he is probably better with his words than me, and he didn't stutter as much.

Thanks man! :)
You did quite well too, just try to practice public speaking a little more and it will go away. In High school I was on the debate team and I'm studying political science (this isn't to rub it in, it is to say I've been practicing at it for a little bit) Though I think getting cut out's like that didn't do you justice by no faults of your own. Other than that I hardly noticed a studder by you bud!

About the challenge: I've debated against religion time and time again too, so when I found out I was pro I was like 'Aw SH!T' LOL so I had an idea of what was coming and I knew if I did the same thing as every other theologian I would get destroyed. Hence the Maslow's argument, the latin america argument, philosophy, and restorative arguments.

Overall LOTS of fun :) You were awesome too man! And the video adds an element of Rhetoric that I think is more enjoyable for everyone.

Best of luck in your future debates! Glad to see we share the same ideology on religion!

-Steve
Thank you for voting!
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2012 7:03:10 PM
I would, but I'd be at school.

Also, I'm a-scared of showing my face.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2012 7:05:13 PM
At 8/29/2012 6:42:37 PM, TheHitchslap wrote:
At 8/29/2012 6:28:10 PM, TUF wrote:

Thanks man! :)
You did quite well too, just try to practice public speaking a little more and it will go away. In High school I was on the debate team and I'm studying political science (this isn't to rub it in, it is to say I've been practicing at it for a little bit) Though I think getting cut out's like that didn't do you justice by no faults of your own. Other than that I hardly noticed a studder by you bud!

Thanks for the advise :)

About the challenge: I've debated against religion time and time again too, so when I found out I was pro I was like 'Aw SH!T' LOL so I had an idea of what was coming and I knew if I did the same thing as every other theologian I would get destroyed. Hence the Maslow's argument, the latin america argument, philosophy, and restorative arguments.

Yeah I got lucky with the position. I don't think I could have argued your standpoint as well lol.

Overall LOTS of fun :) You were awesome too man! And the video adds an element of Rhetoric that I think is more enjoyable for everyone.

Videos add a lot more sense of debate than written ones do I think. You get to exploit your true abiility in a manner of minutes, to say essentially the same thing that takes a half an hour to write.

I think we should get more people in on these, quite frankly there is not enough people who are willing to do it.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2012 7:05:46 PM
At 8/29/2012 7:03:10 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:

Let only the select few know..then...;)

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2012 7:06:31 PM
I'm willing, though.

Maybe.

Hopefully.

TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2012 7:06:37 PM

I have live debated twice now. No one has raped or ciritized me yet (not that I would care anyway.. Err about the criticism part I mean).

Just be yourself, and we'll enjoy watching you :)
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2012 7:09:59 PM
At 8/29/2012 7:06:31 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
I'm willing, though.

Maybe.

Hopefully.

I feel suspense.

Imposing.

Filtered sounds, filtered voices, in chorus, in tandem,

Dead the April's May, but at the coldest notch of a wintery spring. ;)

ishallannoyyo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2012 7:11:15 PM
You'll enjoy watching me, that's what scares me.

I'm in Junior High and have been sent to Nationals for Debate and Speech, only one person has said that they "enjoyed watching me" and he said it in A VERY CREEPY WAY. VERY CREEPY.
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2012 7:11:56 PM
At 8/29/2012 7:06:37 PM, TUF wrote:

I have live debated twice now. No one has raped or ciritized me yet (not that I would care anyway.. Err about the criticism part I mean).

Honestly, I live debate, and make youtube videos. So, I don't see why live video debate is any different/scary. I just am irrationally paranoid sometimes.

But okay.

DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2012 7:12:29 PM
At 8/29/2012 7:11:56 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 8/29/2012 7:06:37 PM, TUF wrote:

Honestly, I live debate, and make youtube videos. So, I don't see why live video debate is any different/scary. I just am irrationally paranoid sometimes.

But okay.

By live debate, I mean RL debate.