Jump to topic:

Hello DDO

Justin_Thiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2012 12:06:06 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Good to see people are still active on this site. Hope all is well in everyone's lives. I will become active over the coming days and weeks. I look forward to our future conversations.

Sincerely,
Justin Thiel
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2012 12:09:01 PM
At 8/31/2012 12:06:06 PM, Justin_Thiel wrote:
Good to see people are still active on this site. Hope all is well in everyone's lives. I will become active over the coming days and weeks. I look forward to our future conversations.

Sincerely,
Justin Thiel

Greetings my friend. It has been a long time since you were last seen..........So it has been said that you are the protege of the great Inferno. Well, there is no need
to steal your thunder. You are a person who has the ability to hold your own.
Thank you for being a true friend. And welcome back.............
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2012 1:16:46 PM
Welcome, mate.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
TheHitchslap
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2012 2:10:33 PM

Sincerely,
Justin Thiel

fvck it. I'll ask the question
Who are you?
Thank you for voting!
Justin_Thiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2012 2:14:36 PM
To Cody:

Good to see you back here again Cody... I guess your troop of outlaws decided to leave that DDO knock off site you created. Or maybe you just check in here every now and then? Either way, I miss the way you slyly try to convince people how anarcho-capitalism is the greatest most efficient socioeconomic system that humans could possibly ever create.

You gonna run for president again?

I look forward to the future of our intellectual exchanges.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2012 2:15:37 PM
At 8/31/2012 2:14:36 PM, Justin_Thiel wrote:
To Cody:

Good to see you back here again Cody... I guess your troop of outlaws decided to leave that DDO knock off site you created. Or maybe you just check in here every now and then? Either way, I miss the way you slyly try to convince people how anarcho-capitalism is the greatest most efficient socioeconomic system that humans could possibly ever create.

You gonna run for president again?

I look forward to the future of our intellectual exchanges.

Since you do profess to know Cody, then I'm guessing it's good old Tiel back again....

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Justin_Thiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2012 2:22:36 PM
At 8/31/2012 2:10:33 PM, TheHitchslap wrote:

Sincerely,
Justin Thiel

Who are you?

Lionheart, Justin_Chains, Tiel. I went by all of those names at one point. Now I've dropped the avatar names. I'm badging my real name. My life has changed dramatically since I was last active on this website. The latest edition to my life is my newborn son.

Glad to see a lot of the same members are still active. I took a year off. LoL
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2012 2:25:22 PM
At 8/31/2012 2:22:36 PM, Justin_Thiel wrote:

Sincerely,
Justin Thiel

Who are you?

Lionheart, Justin_Chains, Tiel. I went by all of those names at one point. Now I've dropped the avatar names. I'm badging my real name. My life has changed dramatically since I was last active on this website. The latest edition to my life is my newborn son.

Such time may be a wonderful avenue for change or even reform, lol. Come and share with us your new-found beliefs, Tiel/Lionheart/Justin_Chains/Justin Thiel.

socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2012 2:29:59 PM

Sincerely,
Justin Thiel

Who are you?

Don't make us sick Askbob on you.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2012 2:33:41 PM
At 8/31/2012 2:29:59 PM, socialpinko wrote:

Sincerely,
Justin Thiel

Who are you?

Any ounce of intellectual strength would do, as long as it is properly guided and mustered. LoL.

Justin_Thiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2012 2:40:51 PM
At 8/31/2012 2:25:22 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

Sincerely,
Justin Thiel

Who are you?

Such time may be a wonderful avenue for change or even reform, lol. Come and share with us your new-found beliefs, Tiel/Lionheart/Justin_Chains/Justin Thiel.

First, I've shifted my political position to Green Libertarian. EcoMinarchism.

Strong EPA. All other national government abolished. All laws abolished except for the heavy enforcement of the one golden rule.. The Nonaggression Principle. Local enforcement agencies which are populated and powered mostly by civilian militia, where the majority are only active and band together in the case of a national threat to the collective statehood. The earth must be protected at all costs. Common/public property would be agreed upon and maintained by the owners of the property involved.

Decentralize. Minimize. Simplify. Protect human liberty and the earth. Agree through contract. Enforce all contracts.
Justin_Thiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2012 2:44:03 PM
At 8/31/2012 2:29:59 PM, socialpinko wrote:

Sincerely,
Justin Thiel

Who are you?

LoL... Askbob. LMAO.
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2012 2:45:51 PM
At 8/31/2012 2:40:51 PM, Justin_Thiel wrote:

Sincerely,
Justin Thiel

Who are you?

Strong EPA. All other national government abolished. All laws abolished except for the heavy enforcement of the one golden rule.. The Nonaggression Principle. Local enforcement agencies which are populated and powered mostly by civilian militia, where the majority are only active and band together in the case of a national threat to the collective statehood. The earth must be protected at all costs. Common/public property would be agreed upon and maintained by the owners of the property involved.

Decentralize. Minimize. Simplify. Protect human liberty and the earth. Agree through contract. Enforce all contracts.

"Protect liberty and decentralization as much as possible... except for a strong EPA."

K.
TheHitchslap
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2012 2:48:30 PM

Sincerely,
Justin Thiel

Who are you?

Congratulations on becoming a father.
Thank you for voting!
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2012 2:56:30 PM

Sincerely,
Justin Thiel

Who are you?

Would this collective statehood involve the agency of the EPA? And if so, how would it fulfill the functions and carry out the ideals that you mentioned, Thiel?

Justin_Thiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2012 3:01:35 PM
At 8/31/2012 2:45:51 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:

Sincerely,
Justin Thiel

Who are you?

"Protect liberty and decentralization as much as possible... except for a strong EPA."

K.

The only problem with that is the fact that without a collective agency like the EPA everyone else's health is in jeopardy by all actions taken against the environment that cause disease, injury, or death. This violates the golden rule on a massive scale. Even if you punish those who acted with such aggression, the damage would already be done and could potentially continue to have an aggressive effect for years/decades.

There is a need for collective agencies that truly protect the health of everyone involved, without the corruption and inflation of the collective as we see in the national collective agency we call the US government.

Human liberty needs to be as free as possible, while still being as protected as possible. We don't live in the dark ages my friend. We live in an era of nanotechnology, biological warfare, WMDs, and weapons that one human could use to wipe out very many. A free-for-all would be suicide and would indeed bring us into an era likened to a Modern Dark Ages.

If you do not agree... Convince me. Use intellectually sound reasoning when describing your argument to me please. I am open to hearing your argument and letting it change my mind if it makes more logical sense than what I currently stand for.
Justin_Thiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2012 3:14:14 PM
At 8/31/2012 2:56:30 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

Sincerely,
Justin Thiel

Who are you?

Would this collective statehood involve the agency of the EPA? And if so, how would it fulfill the functions and carry out the ideals that you mentioned, Thiel?

Good question.

Well, in my belief system logic tells me that humans will always find reasons to group together and some humans have a greater influence of power than others. This combination has been shown to create all the oppression and charity by collective groups we have seen and recorded through human history.

The "Earth" Protection Agency would have to be a collective of volunteers who hold enough power of influence to successfully enforce the protection against this aggression towards life and environment. A collective alliance of decentralized local powers. Could very well be enforced and populated by the same people who are a part of the volunteer militia. It would probably be most efficient and logical to work it this way. This would both enforce and uphold the golden rule, while at the same time never violating it.

Of course all collective actions would be fleshed out in contract and agreed upon before any actual action of enforcement took place.
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2012 4:52:58 PM
Lionheart! Are you unsheathing your knives? (Or was it swords)
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2012 9:11:41 AM

Sincerely,
Justin Thiel

Who are you?

Iloveiuiuuu
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Justin_Thiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2012 11:27:12 AM
At 9/1/2012 8:57:08 AM, tulle wrote:
Oh yay *sarcasm*

Thanks for introducing yourself, now I know who to avoid.

I'm glad that I entertained you Kermit. Hope life is good for you.
Justin_Thiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2012 11:29:32 AM
At 8/31/2012 4:52:58 PM, phantom wrote:
Lionheart! Are you unsheathing your knives? (Or was it swords)

I think I used the word "daggers"?

I can't remember.... Hahaha
Justin_Thiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2012 11:32:17 AM
Oh yay *sarcasm*

"Oh yay!"

You've enlightened me to your own character with that comment.

Like I actually have any emotional connection to your judgements.. LoL
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2012 12:04:24 PM
At 9/1/2012 11:27:12 AM, Justin_Thiel wrote:
Oh yay *sarcasm*

The stages that this guy will go through.

a) He will act sincere and polite to you.
b) He will espouse some theories that many members will disagree with.
c) these members will argue against them. At first he will take this criticism fine. But as more and more arguments come, he will grow more and more impatient.
d) He will lose his patience and burst out at members. He will call other members "arrogant, fools, closed-minded" and so forth for disagreeing with him. For example, a pHD physicst would be called moronic for arguing with him on physics. He will try to keep a holier than thou appearance, and act superior to you. He might call himself a bigger man than you.
e) He will become intolerable, rude and hateful. No members will see him as a nice guy and see him more as a jerk. He will also espouse homophobic and racist comments.
f) he will leave DDO temporary and start anew.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2012 1:21:16 PM
At 9/1/2012 11:32:17 AM, Justin_Thiel wrote:
Oh yay *sarcasm*

"Oh yay!"

You've enlightened me to your own character with that comment.

Like I actually have any emotional connection to your judgements.. LoL

I didn't realize you were JustinChains and Lionheart, and I was probably a lot more cordial to you as those aliases than you deserved.
yang.
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2012 1:23:12 PM
At 9/1/2012 12:04:24 PM, darkkermit wrote:

c) these members will argue against them. At first he will take this criticism fine. But as more and more arguments come, he will grow more and more impatient.
d) He will lose his patience and burst out at members. He will call other members "arrogant, fools, closed-minded" and so forth for disagreeing with him. For example, a pHD physicst would be called moronic for arguing with him on physics. He will try to keep a holier than thou appearance, and act superior to you. He might call himself a bigger man than you.
e) He will become intolerable, rude and hateful. No members will see him as a nice guy and see him more as a jerk. He will also espouse homophobic and racist comments.

/endthread
yang.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2012 1:26:31 PM
At 9/1/2012 12:04:24 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 9/1/2012 11:27:12 AM, Justin_Thiel wrote:
Oh yay *sarcasm*

Nothing more than a truth, nothing more than a tear, than what is written, so directly, here.