Jump to topic:

Apology.

MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2012 8:47:41 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I have to apologize for what I did on the debate with THEBOMB. To explain the whole fiasco to those of you who don't know, I made a debate on the usefulness of high school. He exploited a loophole and used different argument than I had intended in the debate (which I had created for the sole purpose of getting someone to make in argument in favor of dropping out).

After he did so, I dismissed the debate as pointless and went and created a thread explaining that I was dropping out of high school to get the advice that I wanted. After he discovered it, he accused me of cheating and everybody started overreacting because they believed I had simply been manipulating them for my own gain.

This thing blew completely out of proportion. When I posted my rant, it was mainly a reaction to the people saying "haha look at those pathetic stolen arguments," but it was unfair to do that to THEBOMB when it wasn't even entirely his fault. I should have prevented the whole thing by telling him my intention before I made the thread in the first place. I'm sorry for being an idiot and it really was plausible that I could have been cheating because debates generally aren't things that people make to get advice and throw away. Vote for him instead of me, please.
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2012 8:59:02 PM
In all honesty, people were to quick to jump to conclusions in my opinion. I saw the debate before anyone even accused you and it didn't even occur to me you could be using the thread to gain arguments. You don't even seem like the type of guy who would do that and it would probably be easier to just search the web since most of the things posted on the forum were kinda obvious any way.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
Frederick53
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2012 9:01:45 PM
I accept your apology. In time the scars left by my having given you valuable career advice will heal.
In 1975, the Second Vietnam War began -1Historygenius

Like no wonder that indian dude rejected you.- Darkkermit to royalpaladin

Social Darwinism is a justification- 1Historygenius

Equal opportunity exists, so there is no problem- EvanK
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2012 9:04:57 PM
I agree that people decided to weigh too much from their own discontent and blatant dislike of you than on any empirical evidence to jump to such an outlandish claim. The conclusion was simplistic at best and relied on a sketchy premise without any regard for anything else--no consideration for what might have happened if the debate, as it was, was conducted before the thread (and the entire conundrum in it) or the fact that such intellectual dishonesty is generally....incompatible with your character.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2012 9:08:50 PM
At 9/3/2012 9:07:20 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Mouthwash, do you have an alt account? I seem to remember that you had a different name (or maybe I am confusing you with Microsuck).

Microsuck is the one with multiple accounts...
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2012 9:11:19 PM
At 9/3/2012 9:04:57 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
I agree that people decided to weigh too much from their own discontent and blatant dislike of you than on any empirical evidence to jump to such an outlandish claim. The conclusion was simplistic at best and relied on a sketchy premise without any regard for anything else--no consideration for what might have happened if the debate, as it was, was conducted before the thread (and the entire conundrum in it) or the fact that such intellectual dishonesty is generally....incompatible with your character.

Who exactly dislikes me so much? Or are you simply being condescending again?
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2012 9:13:02 PM
At 9/3/2012 9:07:20 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Mouthwash, do you have an alt account? I seem to remember that you had a different name (or maybe I am confusing you with Microsuck).

I created an account about a year ago, abandoned it after a few debates, and forgot how to get back in so I created a new account. But I suspect that's not what you're thinking of.